Would you rather - Discovery Cove in July or Oct/Nov?

If it was your first time, when would you visit Discovery Cove?

• July

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • late Oct/early Nov

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Leleluvsdis

DIS Veteran
I had plans of going to Disneyland to celebrate my 35th Birthday in July 2021 but have decided it's best to rescheduled those plans. Instead, we're planning a longer trip to Orlando over Halloween. I'm trying to decide if I'd rather do a short trip over my birthday in July just for Discovery Cove or if I want to incorporate it into our trip over Halloween.

We've never been to Discovery Cove but I've so badly wanted to go for years. We had plans to for my 30th birthday but I wanted to wait until my little was old enough to enjoy all of the experiences - she turns 6 this month.

So what would you do and why - July or late Oct/early Nov?

We would do July. The reef area is a bit on the cold side for some of us, so it's really nice to be able to get out into the heat of the Florida summer to compensate. That said, we do like to add on the unlimited Sea World/Aquatica tickets. This past August, we hit Sea World 3 times and Aquatica 2 times with the cheap add-on to Discovery Cove. If you can work that in as part of your Halloween trip, it may be worth it.

We would do July. The reef area is a bit on the cold side for some of us, so it's really nice to be able to get out into the heat of the Florida summer to compensate. That said, we do like to add on the unlimited Sea World/Aquatica tickets. This past August, we hit Sea World 3 times and Aquatica 2 times with the cheap add-on to Discovery Cove. If you can work that in as part of your Halloween trip, it may be worth it.
Thank you! The cold water areas is what I was worried about in the Fall. I know it's typically still plenty warm in Oct/Nov but not like July. Any who would pass up two trips haha

I hate being cold in the water, and the Grand Reef is COLD. First time I went in April and wore the shortie and was cold, could not stay out there very long. Went this past end of October and chose to wear the full-length wetsuit, made all the difference! I was able to swim around in the grand reef without being cold! It was great! My family joked that I should buy a full-length wetsuit and wear it whenever I swim lol TMI, the wetsuits can be difficult to get up and down when you have to pee though, so give yourself time :D

July would be too hot for me but to each their own.

I did Discovery Cove in both July and November (Thanksgiving). I liked them both for different reasons. July was warm and good for water activities, But there were afternoon thunderstorms. The lazy river was closed for a little while. November was a little cool but the water was kept very warm, almost like bath water. There was a little rain but no closure. As for Grand Reef, it was quite cold both in July and November. In my opinion, it didn’t matter how warm or cool the air temperature was. I got used to the cold water after a few minutes. I spent an hour there snorkeling both times. No problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter