Would you pay for day priveleges at a specific WDW resort?

Threehearts

DIS Veteran
I would not but I know cruisers can pay for day passes at some resorts and use their facilities for the day. This happened when I was staying at Our Lucaya recently and I wish I'd have known so that I could have stayed at another resort. I thought of this thread after responding to another pool exploring one. Just curious. Threehearts

That's a good question. I think it would depend on what the cost would be because you can use just about everthing except the pool without being a guest. If the cost was very high I would think it would be worth it more to go to a water park.

I might do it if I was at MK and wanted to swim at the Polynesian.

I hope that WDW doesn't ever allow this.

It's very intrusive to registered guests IMHO.

I'm sure many might rethink their WDW vacation plans if a program like this was begun. The pools are simply not large enough to support day guests.

IMHO they'd be better off giving a large discount to the water parks if you want to go to them on the same day that you go to a major theme park, like Cedar point and Six Flags do, and run direct shuttles between the water parks and the four major theme parks. IMHO this would alleviate a LOT of problems which currently exist with poll hoppers, make money for WDW, and make guests happy.

Anne

I would make a point not to stay at a Disney resort that started that practice.

I would pay if the price was right. My son would love to stay at the Beach Club so that he can use the pool. However, theres no way I'm willing to pay the prices they're asking. We spend most of our time in the parks, only use the room to sleep and shower, no need to spend big bucks for that.

If Disney were to sale pool passes, I'm sure there would be a cap on the number passes sold each day. They could also say you could only use the pool during certain times of the day.
I don't see how this would impact guest that are staying at the resort.

If someone not staying at the resort can use the restaurants, why not let them pay to use the pools?

Any cruisers out there who ike to take advantage of resort day passes but either do or do not wish the same type of visitor at their WDW resort?

Threehearts- Was this Our Lucaya in the Bahamas? How many people took advantage of this? Did it impact your stay? I am curious because we had considered staying there next summer, but I would like to know about how crowded it made the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter