Would you leave MK just to see Fantasmic?

Ditto on skipping dtd. Depending on when you leave ak, you might be able to see more than fantasmic at hs. You could use your last morning at hs and skip over to dtd then if there is something you really want to do there

If you haven't seen it, I would hop over and check it out. It is my least favorite of all the nighttime shows, but it is a good show. We try to see it every trip. My 2 year old DD LOVES it. She talked about it for days after seeing it on our last trip.

You will hear a lot of mixed reviews about F! here on the DIS. Personally, I enjoy it, and I think if you're interested you should give it a shot. Since you are planning two days at MK, I don't think it should be a problem. Have fun! :goodvibes

Ditto.

Is there a specific reason you are going to DTD? If not, I would skip it on that short of a trip. QUOTE]

Yes, we couldn't get BBB ressies at MK, so we have 3pm reservations at BBB and 5:00 dinner reservations at Rainforrest at DTD. I suppose we could go to HS that night...

we were thinking having an early night since we planned on hitting MK for EMH at 8am and seeing ETWB first and lunch at CRT :)

Is there a specific reason you are going to DTD? If not, I would skip it on that short of a trip. There is plenty of shopping in the parks and you will find most of the same stuff. Assuming Fantasmic is scheduled for your AK day, I would go to DHS that evening and catch Fantasmic. With a 4 year old DD that is probably going to be interested in visting a lot of princesses at MK, I wouldn't cut an MK day short. My DD is 6, and we have been going every year since she was 2. We usually spend 2 full days at MK, and usually even a little extra time there on another day. If you are talking about cutting a MK day short to hit Fantasmic, I would skip Fantasmic this trip. I think a 4 year old girl would prefer more time at MK to the show.

As far as your DHS day, noon might be pushing it. With a 4 year old DD, I would suggest adding the Beauty and the Beast show and Voyage of the Little Mermaid into your plans. She will probably also love the Disney Jr. show (especially since they are adding Sofia and Doc McStuffins into that show). We've still been able to fit all that stuff in by early afternoon.

She didn't love the Voyage of LM so much... I think Ursela scared her, so last trip she wouldn't even go in there. Disney Jr is closed while we're there and we might see Beauty and the Beast if we have time, but we've seen it a few times...

That being said... your have AwesOME suggestions... We can always stay late at DHS and DH can drive through late while DD and I sleep in the car... so I think we may see BATB after all... I'd hate to miss it :)

Also, we could try and do fantasmis DTD night... I think it's earlier that night anyway AND we won't have to fight the EMH crowd... THANK YOU!!! :)

thought about it, but with DD4 - we will want two almost full MK days ;) and we plan on leaving HS around noon to drive back - we have a 10-hour drive.

All we want to do at DHS is: I take daughter to TSM first thing and then to see Woody and Buzz while DH goes on ToT and RnR...if time we might catch a couple other things then we'll eat lunch and go.

But we'd love to see Fantasmic.. so we might make a go of it..

For a 4YO there is just as much to do at DHS I would never do 1/2 day there its my daughters favorite place of all 4. She is 7.
Fantasmic is so great we did the dining package this year that comes with VIP tix to the show :goodvibes

Swap evening at DTD for DHS. The show is usually late so if you head over 6/7ish your hubby can ride ToT and RnR while you and your DD are at TSM and Woody and Buzz. Whoever finishes first head over to find seats, grab a snack and wait for Fantasmic show.

Departure morning if some one didn't get to do something at DHS, run over and do it at rope drop then hit DTD, shop, have lunch and hit the road.

Swap evening at DTD for DHS. The show is usually late so if you head over 6/7ish your hubby can ride ToT and RnR while you and your DD are at TSM and Woody and Buzz. Whoever finishes first head over to find seats, grab a snack and wait for Fantasmic show.

Departure morning if some one didn't get to do something at DHS, run over and do it at rope drop then hit DTD, shop, have lunch and hit the road.

I agree.

I wouldn't leave MK for Fantasmic. I've seen Fantasmic once and it wasn't worthwhile, IMO. If I have a child or children at some point, I will probably take them once so that they can see it, but I wouldn't make a habit of it unless they absolutely love it.

Go for it, whichever night you choose. It's a great show to see, and you've got park hoppers, so you might as well get more use out of them.

No, but neither DH nor I liked Fantasmic.

My biggest worry in your circumstance is how much time you will lose at MK for a 20 minute show - leaving MK, driving or bussing to HS, going through bag check, walking to the Fantasmic area, waiting for it to open, waiting for the show to start, etc. Even if I liked Fantasmic, I might not see it on that trip. Better to wait until next time when you might already be at HS in the evening.

Videos of the whole show are available on you tube if you want to get an idea on whether or not your family will like it.

thanks guys! I totally agree that it seems to make sense to skip DTD, but my daughter's highlight of our past trips is getting her BBB make-over :) And she ALWAYS begs us to eat at rainforrest cafe. But we are already planning to use the bounc back offer so next trip I'm going to do five full days instead of four so we can do full days at each park and two at MK.

We've been to HS twice and both times we left mid day... DD likes it, but doesn't seem to be as mesmorized as she is at the other parks ;)

we have been twice and never seen Fantasmic -- I have it scheduled in for our upcoming trip though!

thanks guys! I totally agree that it seems to make sense to skip DTD, but my daughter's highlight of our past trips is getting her BBB make-over :) And she ALWAYS begs us to eat at rainforrest cafe. But we are already planning to use the bounc back offer so next trip I'm going to do five full days instead of four so we can do full days at each park and two at MK.

We've been to HS twice and both times we left mid day... DD likes it, but doesn't seem to be as mesmorized as she is at the other parks ;)

You could always eat at the Rainforest at AK on your day there... there's an entrance inside the park so that you don't have to fully exit the park. You can have lunch & go right back into the park.

Just a thought... If your daughter was afraid of Ursula then she may be afraid of F! We like it but every time we go without our kids we say how frightened they would be (They are four & two). It is extremely loud And they show every Disney villain. When we saw it in December There were three little girls sitting behind us and they held their ears and cried through the entire show. I felt bad for them. Every kid is different though...just wanted to throw that out there :)

Umm. I don't think it's as easy of an answer as everyone is saying. There are a lot of factors to consider. Even though everyone is saying yes. I think you need to give it a lot of thought. It's an incredible show but you will be spending time switching parks. And a day and a half at Magic Kingdom is a short amount of time. Just saying you know.

We have never seen Fantasmic, but we're only planning a morning half day trip to DHS..

we do have park hoppers so I was thinking of leaving early on one of our two MK days just to go over and see Fantasmic... is it worth the trouble?

Mon - MK full day
Tues - Epcot full day
Wed - 2/3 day at AK, evening at DTD
Thur - full day MK
Fri - morning at DHS before departing

I know if we do choose to leave for Fantasmic, Thur would logistically be better (smaller crowds at HS since Monday is evening EMH at HS)... but we love ending our trip with Wishes, so really we're thinking of Monday night...

thoughts??

We really, really love Fantasmic, so yes, we would leave MK early to see it! It's a wonderful, fantastic show. ::yes::

Just a thought... If your daughter was afraid of Ursula then she may be afraid of F! We like it but every time we go without our kids we say how frightened they would be (They are four & two). It is extremely loud And they show every Disney villain. When we saw it in December There were three little girls sitting behind us and they held their ears and cried through the entire show. I felt bad for them. Every kid is different though...just wanted to throw that out there :)

This :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter