• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you change reservations from July 4-10 to July 10-16?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We are booked right now for July 4-10. I never thought about 4th of July crowds 🙄.
Should we switch dates to avoid crowds?

I wouldn’t switch. We spent 4th of July in Disney once and it was so much fun! I expected it to be so much busier than it was. With everything going on this year, I wouldn’t worry about it being crazy busy. Go and enjoy the 4th in Disney!

I wouldn’t switch. We spent 4th of July in Disney once and it was so much fun! I expected it to be so much busier than it was. With everything going on this year, I wouldn’t worry about it being crazy busy. Go and enjoy the 4th in Disney!
Well I would say dont do. Wait till disney and this virus returns to normal. Reason... hate masks and want full services.

Well I would say dont do. Wait till disney and this virus returns to normal. Reason... hate masks and want full services.
I quite enjoyed my pandemic trip. Skyliner for one party. 6 feet (usually) away from strangers in lines. Bus seats EVERY time even though I’m not under 12 or over 80! Capped attendance. I didn’t have claustrophobic issues my last trip- it was great honestly.

I would switch if it was my call. With a lot of companies giving the 5th off as the "holiday" day, it's probably going to be a LOT of weekly visitors there that week and quite crowded.

I would switch if it was my call. With a lot of companies giving the 5th off as the "holiday" day, it's probably going to be a LOT of weekly visitors there that week and quite crowded.
Thanks! Yeah I’m thinking the first part of our trip will be crowded.

In non-pandemic times we attended on the Fourth. Crowds were crazy. I don’t mind crowds, but I found the fireworks were just as enjoyable on the weeks before and after the Fourth.

If getting on rides and moving easily through the park is a priority, then you should avoid that day.

Especially as special mega firework/shows are spread throughout the evening to avoid crowd gathering.

I think attendance will still be capped so it will likely not be as much of a crowd difference over July 4. We went over July 4 in 2019 (that seems so long ago!) and found The crowds not bad (but we didn’t attempt to watch fireworks in the Hub, who knows if they will even do them this year anyway). We are thinking of going over July 4 this year since we missed last year

I think attendance will still be capped so it will likely not be as much of a crowd difference over July 4. We went over July 4 in 2019 (that seems so long ago!) and found The crowds not bad (but we didn’t attempt to watch fireworks in the Hub, who knows if they will even do them this year anyway). We are thinking of going over July 4 this year since we missed last year
Yes it’s hard to tell if there will be fireworks. There was plenty of availability for that week. Might be a good sign.

We are currently booked for 7/5-7/10 at BLT and I was curious about this as well. I actually want things to be as close to normal as possible before we go, and to be honest, I’m not thrilled about staying at BLT. I’m hoping to move the trip to the following week, but I’m looking for either BCV or BWV.....

I just booked a trip 7/3-7/9. Was second guessing my choice last night. I chose that week as we have never celebrated 4th of July at WDW before. As my family only visited WDW every other year in August, we never got to attend any festival. Thought it would be fun to get a taste of Flower and Garden festival. However, I am a bit worried due to covid, mask, heat and lack of FP+. Will the memorial weekend be a good indication of what 7/4 weekend will be like?? I have park hopper pass and have reserved Epcot for both 7/4 and 7/5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter