Would you brave Animal Kingdom on May 27th?

Ametista

DIS Veteran
I am really tempted to go to opening night of Nighttime Magic. Anybody else thinking about it?

We don't have a choice. The way our plans work out, it's our only chance, so we're going to do it.

It's our last day in the World, so if we decide we wanna check it out we will have to brave it. But at this point I think we are going to not - we already ADRs and FP+ in other parks and it just seems sort of silly to switch it all around for probably a crowded chaotic evening. It may just have to be something that we catch on our next trip.

We are going to try it on Sunday the 29th. That is the only time we can work it in. As long as I can see the Jungle Book show and tree of life lights and have less than an hour wait for the safari I will be thrilled. But am going in with zero expectations.

Zero expectations is a good way to look at it. If its amazing it will be an extra special treat, but if not, oh well! At least you can say you were there on opening night and then you can truly see it on another trip

That is our one and only AK day for the trip (planned before any of that was announced)! So we definitely are and looking forward to all the new experiences!:teeth: Hopefully more people don't want to "brave AK" that day and it leaves it less crowded for us:rolleyes1

I switched our AK day to May 27th yesterday when the night safari FPs came out. I figure it's going to be a great choice or a horrible one. I'm hoping they are planning on lots of people so things will run smoothly and buses will be running fairly regularly. Thankfully for us that's in the middle of our trip so we can always go back another day to hit things we missed on the 27th.

The 27th is our last day as well and we planned on wrapping things up at the MK that night. I'm really debating heading over to AK instead. We will have a car so that will be helpful for us.

Does anyone know what time things will switch into "night mode?"

I just saw that the hours for the day we'll be there have been changed from 9-8 to 9-11. It's a bit mind-blowing that AK is open later than any other park over the duration of our two-week stay!

You are a brave lot! I just want to make sure, it's all-day entry, just like Magic Kingdom or Epcot, right? So if we head over there around 4pm we get to stay through all of it, or will it reach capacity? Just trying to figure out a plan! Josh at easywdw still has AK as a recommended park.

Last edited:
This is our last night at WDW, so I switched our FP+ to AK for the evening and got Killimanjaro Safari from 9:30 - 10:30. I know it will be crazy, but I love AK after dark- we went to a pin event there years ago.

I'm the type of person that embraces, even likes, the chaos of it all...I like going to movies opening day for the atmosphere, loved Star Wars Weekends, nothing like thousands of people waiting to experience something completely new...if you're night like this, don't go. To you it'll seem just a crazy mess.
If you go embrace the madness and try and go with the flow. Have a plan but be flexible

So if we head over there around 4pm we get to stay through all of it, or will it reach capacity?

I would be SHOCKED if DAK closes on the 27th!

MOST Guests will have NO idea that is a HISTORIC day in the history of DAK.

We "WDW Geeks" are a very small percentage of Guests at WDW on any given day.

I wouldn't mind being wrong though,DAK has always been special to me and a capacity close would mean,at 18,DAK would finally be getting some major love!:)

I will be anticipating all of your reports since our trip isn't until 6/16! Lots of feedback PLEASE!

I was all in when it was scheduled for 4/22 during our trip, so I'd probably be in the embracing the chaos camp! Having a flexible plan, managing my expectations, etc. - sounds fun! Can't wait to see AK at night - eventually!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter