Would this bother you?

Yep I would totally be complaining. I simply hate dirty rooms. I pay way too much money to get lousy service.

not sure I understand the reprisals issue though. You are a paying customer, you have the right to get what you pay for.

bankgirl05 said:
We are here now, actually have been here for 5 days, and I have had to call housekeeping 3 times about our room, mainly the bathroom area not being cleaned properly.

When we checked in there was some dirt/dust loose toilet tissue and a bottle cap on the floor behind the toilet.A coffee spill in the grout under the sink, and various white paint drips on the floor in the bathroom/vanity area. Dirt dust and hair, not belonging to us in the corners etc.

I called mentioned all of the above thing, and asked for extra towels.
I got the extra towels.

Day 2 I called again, and also mentioned theice makers (all 3) in our building weren't working, plus our ice bucket had water in it left over from the previous guest! ( we dumped and cleaned that because we wanted to use it, but had to trek all the way down to the next building for ice.)

Day 3 we headed to the park, when we got back, there was still all of the above, plus a toothpaste blob on the counter (darn kids) and smear on the inside rim of the sink. They said they would send someone down while we were at the pool.

When we got back, the bottle cap was gone, along with the toothpaste blob, but not the smear.

This is diheartening to me when we return to our room, weary and tired. I want to see things clean, not want to clean them myself!!!!:rotfl2:

Also, my kids have been super disappointed because there have been no towel animals!!! not one! not even the towel Mickey head that is usually on the bed when we check in. I know these aren't a neccessity, but they always added to the magic. We got spoiled last year with a different one each day.

I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.

Should I bother to go to the front desk to complain?

We check out Saturday.
WWYD?

So sorry. Yes it would really bother me. First of all stop tipping. You aren't even receiving basic housekeeping, so stop tipping. If you don't want to go to the front desk, pick up the phone and dial the housekeeping button. Nicely and firmly say "hello, I'd like to speak to the manager on duty" if they ask why say "I'd like to speak with the manager about my room please". Tell the manager "We checked in to a half cleaned room that was never fully cleaned even after I called. This is not acceptable. I am now taking time from my vacation to handle this. I am simply asking for the room to be cleaned. That is basic housekeeping service. I would like the room cleaned and signed off by a manager tomorrow please, by ________am/pm".

I have never ever had a problem like that at a WdW resort. Whatever small problems we have we have been able to have resolved almost immediately by calling the housekeeping button and speaking with the manager. They are always very helpful, but i am also very cheerful and polite and understanding, (this may be from 15 years in customer service ;-) so that really helps. I would also personally go to the front desk manager if you feel you haven't been properly accommodated, and politely explain how inconvenient and unexpected this is on your vacation. Good luck OP, I trust you will get this straightened out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter