Would love to hear about AKV:)

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
Looking for any info for the Animal Kingdom Villas:) What's the difference between the Jambo House and Kidani Village? How close are they and how about the pools? My older kids love water slides! Can we walk to each pool they have and the one at the hotel? Also do they have any fun activities for kids at the resort? Like campfires,movies,walks to see the animals,etc.... I've heard that it's a long walk to the buses, how bad is it?

There are villas at both Jambo House and at Kidani village. The ones at Jambo House are slightly smaller and do not have an extra bathroom.
There are feature pools at both JH and KV, Jambo has the bigger pool but Kidani has the better slide and Kiddie splash area. Both have pool bars.
Jambo House has 3 restaurants: - 1 signature, 1 buffet and a CS. Kidani only has one table service restaurant.
Kidani is a more laid back resort compared to Jambo which is very lively. Both have great areas to view the animals.
You can walk between the two in about 10-12 minutes or you can get a free shuttle van at the concierge desk. You are free to use the facilities in both sides if you are a guestd
Both have kids activities at the pool and movies at the pool. There are no camp-fires. There is an arcade at Jambo as well as a child care club.
Have fun.

Kidani Village does have dedicated two bedroom villas (meaning they cannot be separated and rented as a studio and a one bedroom like the lockoffs). KV also has long hallways. The pool is basically across the parking lot from the entrance. Jambo House is about a half mile from KV - a ten minute walk.

Both JH and KV have a single bus stop near the main entrance of the building. For the theme parks, buses stop first at KV and then at JH. For DTD they stop at JH first and KV second.

KV is all DVC villas, JH has DVC villas on the fifth and sixth floors. The other floors of JH are hotel rooms. The DVC villas at JH are converted hotel rooms.

In the one bedroom and larger villas at JH, the jetted master bathroom tub is not separate from the shower like all the rest of the DVC villas where the tub is a jetted tub and the shower is a stand alone shower.

There are only two pools. One at Jambo and one at Kidani. Kidani has the best waterslide. I read it is the longest on Disney property. I don't know if that is true but it is a lot of fun.

Jambo has a grand lobby, grand store and a quick service food option.

Kidani is more quaint, relaxing and quiet with small lobby, small store and no quick service for food options.

Both have areas to view the animals. In my opinion the lower the floor your room is on the better the view so in this respect Kidani is better since villas are only on the 5th and 6th floor at Jambo.

They have fire pits with rocking chairs and they do tell stories. Great place to sit at night with a drink and catch a glimpse of an animal or two.

At Kidani its located outside. At Jambo there is one inside. There is one outside too.

I love both. But I have to tell you.....the last time we stayed at Kidani, we took a walk to the end of the resort. OMG!!!! People talk about the long walks at BW??? They've obviously never walked end to end of Kidani!!
But, I love the pool area at Kidani. It's really something to see, and it's great for kids!!!
I love Jambo House as well though. I like being able to just go down to Mara to get something to eat...can't do that at Kidani. And it's not as spread out as Kidani.
Kids love looking at the animals at both though. They are extremely beautiful resorts. My dh doesn't like them nearly as much as I do though. Dd likes it there but not for an extended period of time.

Looking for any info for the Animal Kingdom Villas:) What's the difference between the Jambo House and Kidani Village? How close are they and how about the pools? My older kids love water slides! Can we walk to each pool they have and the one at the hotel? Also do they have any fun activities for kids at the resort? Like campfires,movies,walks to see the animals,etc.... I've heard that it's a long walk to the buses, how bad is it?

LOVED staying at Jambo House. The pool is amazing and the water slide is pretty awesome. My DD19 and I had a blast.

IMGP0736 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9193 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Kidani Village pool slide.

DSCN5285 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

When we first arrived at Jambo House (around noon?) there were children (with activity leaders) right inside the front doors doing crayon "rubs" of the animals that are etched into the big brass circle on the floor. It was very cool. They gave us 2 of the rubs they had done.

IMGP0629 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The night-vision goggles to look out onto the savannah at night is very neat for the kids also ...

NVision Cole by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

... so is the fire pit!!

Lodge Kids Fire by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Enjoy!! It's wonderful there!!

We have stayed in both and I have to say I love Jambo House best. There is just something about the lobby and smells that makes me feel like we are some place special. I did not feel that at Kidani.

I love both. But I have to tell you.....the last time we stayed at Kidani, we took a walk to the end of the resort. OMG!!!! People talk about the long walks at BW??? They've obviously never walked end to end of Kidani!! ....

I think the difference with KV and BWV is that between the "beads" at KV, there is a viewing area to the savanna. So you get a bit of a rest on the long corridor. Where at BWV, it just keeps going, no breaks in the hallway.

we stayed at kidani in october and are going back this october. im sure other DISers can confirm or deny, but we were told at the resort that we could use either pool since kidani is a DVC resort, however, only DVC guests at jambo could use the kidani pool. AKL hotel guests couldnt use the kidani pool.

having an extra bathroom was very helpful at kidani. we actually like the remoteness of the resort. it was busy but didnt feel like it.

the kids loved the pool activities and the night vision goggle viewing of the animals. i dont know whos more excited to go back...the kids or me.

we stayed at kidani in october and are going back this october. im sure other DISers can confirm or deny, but we were told at the resort that we could use either pool since kidani is a DVC resort, however, only DVC guests at jambo could use the kidani pool. AKL hotel guests couldnt use the kidani pool.

having an extra bathroom was very helpful at kidani. we actually like the remoteness of the resort. it was busy but didnt feel like it.

the kids loved the pool activities and the night vision goggle viewing of the animals. i dont know whos more excited to go back...the kids or me.

KV and JB are one resort. You can use either pool.

We are booking today:) Can't wait!!!! I know my kids will have a blast! Thanks for all the info:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter