• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would love some hotel recs for family of 4!

apugslife

Earning My Ears
Not sure if we are staying off or on property this trip. Trying to see what there is. Stayed at WBC, but not on our dime (in-laws own ts). Any help would be appreciated! Looking at going mid-late April of 2013for 8 nights . 4 of us: Me, my mother, and my girls (will be 8 & 6).

Requirements:
-obviously a nicer hotel/villa is appreciated with two young ones, but also trying not to spend too much on somewhere to mainly sleep & shower
-large room or separate bedroom/living area (will have twin air mattress)
-must have complimentary bus scheduled to Disney parks (prefer to be there at or before rope drop and will probably leave park after dinner)
-nice kiddie pool/fountain area
-breakfast included would be a nicely added benefit, but not necessary

Thanks for your help!!!

I have found 2 properties in Kissimmee that we stay at. The first is the royale parc suites. Its a larger hotel about 1 1/2 miles from disney. they are all suites 1 or 2 bedrooms. 1 king/2 twin 2 bath. kitchen(no oven) but there is a cooktop, full sized fridge, living room etc. they also have a free breakfast buffet with eggs, a meat, waffles, fruit, pasteries, etc. they do have transportation, but I have never used it so I cant tell you how it is. the price is anywhere from 80-130 a night.
the other is Parkway international, its a condo style property. a few more amenities, a little more upscale(but no elevators) than RPS. there is an oven, washer/dryer huge whirlpool tub in the master, and a nice patio, otherwise is comparable to RPS. It runs the same price, I dont know about transportation, and there is no breakfast. its about 1 mile from disney.
We have looked at other properties off disney, but for the price, and what you get, we keep coming back to these. They both are rated well on trip advisor(a must for me) and there is plenty of room for everyone. you wouldnt need to use air mattresses. check em out!! have fun!!

-must have complimentary bus scheduled to Disney parks (prefer to be there at or before rope drop and will probably leave park after dinner)

Thanks for your help!!!

this is not possible offsite. Now the DD hotels have a nice shuttle - it comes every 30 minutes.

but really think the only bus system that will get to you to the front gate before opening is Disney (WDW)

if you are staying offsite you need a rental car. Otherwise you will find that offsite buses are pretty horrible. they come and go on their schedule not yours.

when we stayed offsite and had a shuttle - first they never tell you that the shuttles will share. if your is the first stop then you get a seat - if yours is the last stop - don't expect to seat down - also know if the bus is full when it comes to your stop - then you have to wait hours for the next one. if there is a next one. most go to the park in the morning and come back to the hotel late afternoon, evening. they do this before the park closes - so forget going to the firework shows.

none will arrive at park opening. - besides DD just not sure they do. now WBC might?

you need a rental car or stay at Disney. if you are flying kept in mind that transportation to your hotel is not included unless you are staying at Disney.

now what do you really need - the room or as you say just a place to sleep & shower.

you might look at Disney's Value resort - if you only need a room.

or you can go here - now beaware that what I say is true - they share with other hotels - but it does have a schedule so you can see before the problems you might have - look for the bus schedule on - maps and directions

http://www.maingatelakesideresort.com/index.php

have not stayed in it for years.

so you can compare prices here are the DD hotels
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

you can sometimes find a special on a DD hotel here
http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/orlando/

also would compare rates to other sites
expedia, travelocity, etc

but really think the only bus system that will get to you to the front gate before opening is Disney (WDW)
Bonnet Creek would probably work as well, though I'd personally rather drive.
http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45368265

But, other than Bonnet and the DTD resorts, all of the other offsite resorts will have shuttle service that will make you want to tear out your hair.

Given your requirements, I'd either do one of the Disney Family Suites (preferably at AoA) without a car, or Bonnet Creek with one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter