Would love any opinions or advice on our November/December trip agenda

jenniferma

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone-- we are planning our trip next month and would love any advice/opinions on our agenda. We have a one year old and a three year old and are pretty much planning the trip for them-- our 3 year old loves the characters....

Saturday, November 27th-- Arrive. Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Sunday-- Animal Kingdom followed by dinner at Boma's.
Monday- (dh has to attend conference) evening dinner at Ohana's followed by a sleighride at Fort Wilderness Lodge (dd3 is CRAZY about horses)
Tuesday- Magic Kingdom. possibly a trek to Downtown Disney afterward
Wednesday- MGM, hopefully Osborne Festival of Lights
Thursday- (dh has conference in AM) 4:30 dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and we bought tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
Friday-- return for home

As you can tell-- we love to EAT. Does anyone have any advice for their favorite dinnertime restaurants at MGM? The last time we were there, it was off season and it seemed like a lot of places were not open. We thought about Fantasmic, but after a 4th of July where dd3 was terrified, we are hoping to do the Osborne lights instead.

Thanks for your help/ and or advice!
Jennifer

Looks like you have a fun trip planned with a good combination of park time and down time. Perfect for little ones.

We liked Primetime at MGM. DS who was 4 at the time thought the waiters were funny and really at all his food when told to do so by our waiter.

Have fun!

What a great plan! Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I like Mama Melrose's for dinner at MGM. Great food. Primetime might be more fun for kids, although the food is just ok. The only place I would absolutely tell you to avoid for dinner is the Sci Fi. Terrible service, awful food. If you have to try it (the atmosphere is fun) go for lunch.

Have fun!

The only thing I see is you are not going to Epcot. If you have park hopper passes, don't skip this. Maybe the day your DH has conference you and DD could spend a couple hours there. If she's anything like my DD was at 3 she will love the KidCot stations, and you can see the different countries.

Anyhow, have a great time. We will be there the salme time at AKL for my DD's 7th birthday! princess: princess:

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

:wave:

I agree, Epcot's a great place to eat, just take in atmosphere or to just sample. We love walking around and seeing all there is to eat. My personal favorites for atmosphere are Germany, Morocco, Norway and Mexico.

MGM - We've always enjoyed PrimeTime and Sci Fi. There are a lot of people who dislike Sci Fi, but our experience has never been bad. We've always had great service and OK food, but we go for the ambience anyway, so definitely check it out for lunch if you can. Dinner gets expensive, for roughly the same standard Ameircan fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter