Worst rooms or sections of Pop?

I can't think of any. Pop is pretty even keel. The rooms near the big pool tend to be noisy (although it never bothered us) the rooms the farthest from the main building have the longest walk to the buses (also never bothered us). We do prefer ground floor rooms as you can just walk out the door and off you go but some prefer the upper floors as you don't have people walking past your room. So imho all rooms are just fine.

Personally, I take advantage of the resort buses and eat from the lobby cafe while staying. So for me I'd say the worst sections would easily be the '80s, '90s and the outer '50s building (i.e. the far right). Staying in these is almost a guaranteed long walk between the two and when all you want to do is get to your room and crash.. it's dreadful, to say the least. :rotfl:

Like the above poster noted the pool-side rooms can get a bit noisy (especially the central pool), and it also doesn't help that the walls themselves are pretty thin.

And speaking of pools the '70s section actually doesn't have one so if you're a pool person that might be an issue.

I can't imagine staying in the 60s buildings closest to the main pool because of the noise that comes from the midday pool parties. My favorite places are the 50s & 70s buildings.

For many years we got one of the first 5 rooms around the main pool and it was awesome. You don't really hear anything and because you are so close the pool is your patio. It does not really get noisy until the maintenance guys start to power wash the pool deck in the early morning but you just ignore it. We considered it our alarm clock. :)

I've had a preferred room (ground level) in 70's (bldg 10) and hated it. Way too much foot traffic going by. Had rooms in 80's (bldg 7) facing the rear, and the parking lot. That one was fine...pool right there, on the other side, and the buses weren't very far. Neither was the food court.
Had rooms in 50's (bldg 1, ground floor, back side facing towards the road into the resort). It was fine. Then in bldg 2, third floor, all the way at the end of the bldg. Nice room, good area, sort of distant from the food court/buses, but still only about a 7 min walk.
My favorite room??? 60's section, bldg 4, fourth floor, facing the lake (and now AoA). It was quiet and pretty. And about 5 mins to the food court.

I won't take a room facing a pool. And I find that I really don't care for ground floors.

Our first stay at Pop, we were on the back side of one of the 80's buildings (I think it was Roger Rabbit but not sure now) , and it seemed so, so far from the main building. We faced the highway and could see the Walt Disney World arch from outside our door. We almost didn't go back because of that room.

ETA: i think our strong dislike had something to do with arriving well after midnight, after we had worked part of the day, driven almost four hours to the airport in the snow, and made a few wrong turns trying to find our room in the dark while carrying all of our bags. We have stayed at Pop three more times and would not hesitate to return.

nuge67 said:

I don't know about the worst sections, but we were just there and stayed in a preferred room 50's section building 5 4th floor. It was very close to the main building and transportation and we thought it was a great location.

I was not aware of any bad sections of Pop. Maybe I've just been lucky so far, but I have enjoyed each stay. Pop is a great resort! :goodvibes

Christopher Robin 26 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuge67

And why?

I don't know about the worst sections, but we were just there and stayed in a preferred room 50's section building 5 4th floor. It was very close to the main building and transportation and we thought it was a great location.

Bldg 5 is in the 60's section not 50's.... just sayin.
The 50's section is made up of bldgs 1, 2 & 3 :)
There are some preferred rooms in bldg 1 of the 50's section too.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Don't love the 80's and 90's sections! Just my personal preference though!;)

Worst rooms at POP - ANY of them facing a pool.

If you are traveling during busy and or hot times - those pools are crazy, busy, loud ALL hours of the night. We came back to our room at 1:00am and based on the crowds/noise in the pool you would swear it was 1:00 in the afternoon.

stitchlovestink said:
Bldg 5 is in the 60's section not 50's.... just sayin.
The 50's section is made up of bldgs 1, 2 & 3 :)
There are some preferred rooms in bldg 1 of the 50's section too.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Sorry, you're right bldg 5 60's section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter