• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worse meal this trip was at The Boathouse

goofy friend

Mouseketeer
The meal started off well enough, but soon went down hill. The noise level was unacceptable, I could not even understand the person across the table from me and that went on the entire 1 hour and 30 minutes that I dined there. The waiter made several mistakes, two people in my group of 8 ordered steak, neither steak was cooked correctly and he actually argued with my wife concerning how she ordered her steak. The manager got involved and both steaks came back perfect. My group of 8 needed a total of 3 checks.The waiter brought out the first check and preceded to make 3 trips to the bar to process one payment on a Disney band since they only had one reader, then came my check which should have a total of 3 meals, but it had 5, waiter then wanted to argue with me about who I said to put on my check ,he went back and corrected my bill, he then brought out the third and final bill which should have been for 3 meals but he put 4 meals on it , the manager had to get involved again and he comp both steaks and make sure no one was overcharged. It was not a happy meal in terms of price or how my group left there.

Can you comment on the food? When did you dine that it was so noisy? I know they have a band occasionally.

The Boathouse was the restaurant. There was no band, there was a large group of people that acted like they had been drinking all day. There was two steaks not cooked to order, in fact one came out burnt. The manager had them replaced and they came out perfect. Several people at several different tables complained about the noise, but it didn't do any good. Other than the steaks that the waiter said was their speciality, the rest of the food was fine.

I guess just looking at how open the restaurant is and where it is located, you could hardly have expected a really quiet meal.

We always expect that there may be drunks and/or noise at any restaurant in Disney Springs.

I would agree about the noise level. It was actually the loudest restaurant I have ever been in (except for Chuck E. Cheese, lord help mercy). We thoroughly enjoyed our food and our waiter was one of the most professional waiters we have had, but we will reserve this restaurant for outdoor seating or lunch. The noise level was beyond tolerable for us.

I would agree about the noise level. It was actually the loudest restaurant I have ever been in (except for Chuck E. Cheese, lord help mercy). We thoroughly enjoyed our food and our waiter was one of the most professional waiters we have had, but we will reserve this restaurant for outdoor seating or lunch. The noise level was beyond tolerable for us.

Yes! This exactly. When I was there is February my husband had to yell across the table just to be heard and we were at a small table. The food is good but the noise is too much.

I think i am going to take this off our itinerary , i dont like the noise its me n my husband , want a relaxing trip

We went at lunch right after it first opened, and while it wasn't noisy we didn't find the quality and service to be any better than a Landry's McCormick and Schmicks or a Legal Seafood. Even with the DVC discount it was pricey for poorish quality.

My experience was very similar to that of the previous poster. While I enjoy nautical theming, I also found my lunch there to be of passable but not great quality, and it was expensive for what it was.

Wow! We've eaten there twice and haven't experienced any of this. The food was absolutely awesome and we had no issues with noise. That said, we do try to dine between 5:00 and 6:00, hopefully avoiding loud drunks

Thanks for the review! I was debating trying to fit this restaurant in our schedule, but I really have a hard time with loud noise, so I think we'll pass on this one next trip. Got reservations for Frontera Cocina & Homecoming Florida Kitchen, so looking forward to trying those!

Thanks for the review! I was debating trying to fit this restaurant in our schedule, but I really have a hard time with loud noise, so I think we'll pass on this one next trip. Got reservations for Frontera Cocina & Homecoming Florida Kitchen, so looking forward to trying those!
how did you get a ressie for homecoming i dont see a prompt for it

im convinced we cancelled boathouse and added chef art smiths homecoming

We went to the boathouse on our last trip and enjoyed it. However we went for an early lunch, 11:30, without reservations. Were seated right away. Food was good, if we weren't on the dining plan I would not have liked to pay the expensive prices for it, but it was good.

DH and I are there Jan. 2016.....around 6pm...the food...steaks were very good..service was excellent.....the noise level was over the top...

Loud did you say? Ugh! I really hate that and so does DH.I was planning on trying it but now, maybe not? I'm thinking on a brunch at Paddlefish but since they are not expected to open until late November, I may just move on to the Narcoosees brunch? I would think that would be relaxing than the Boathouse. I'm not sure I'll be doing any meals at DS as I don't want to miss too much park time. May just do Jock Lindsay's. Does anyone know how STK is? I haven't heard anything about them? I had a reservation for Homecoming but after seeing the DIS review I cancelled it. I guess Kathy from the DIS liked it but Pete, Craig, Ryno and Oliver pretty much panned it.

Last edited:
We went in February and it was very loud. Never had the same waiter. U never knew who to ask for a drink and had a hard time receiving it. Steak was good but nothing came with it either. I had to pay extra for a side. We were on the dining plan so it costed two of your meals. Not worth it to me. We will not be going back.

Loud did you say? Ugh! I really hate that and so does DH.I was planning on trying it but now, maybe not? I'm thinking on a brunch at Paddlefish but since they are not expected to open until late November, I may just move on to the Narcoosees brunch? I would think that would be relaxing than the Boathouse. I'm not sure I'll be doing any meals at DS as I don't want to miss too much park time. May just do Jock Lindsay's. Does anyone know how STK is? I haven't heard anything about them? I had a reservation for Homecoming but after seeing the DIS review I cancelled it. I guess Kathy from the DIS liked it but Pete, Craig, Ryno and Oliver pretty much panned it.
We cancelled and booked ho coming because we hate loud

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter