Worried about Priceline risk of getting one bed

mykidsmom

Mouseketeer
In all my excitement to get an inexpensive room at Marriot Airport via Priceline, I neglected to read that you may be stuck with one bed. We have 3 children - 7, 5 and 2 and we can make it in 2 double beds. What are the chances that we'll receive one bed? Also are there other hidden charges we may face?

You might have to pay a charge for a crib for your 2 year old.
In Orlando very few people have been stuck with 1 bed (although you really don't have grounds to complain if you do).

I have stayed at the Marriott and the front desk was very helpful. I would give it a few days for your reservation to get on thier books. (It does not happen immediately) Just call them and tell them you would like two beds. I bet it won't be a problem.

make sure you call ahead and request two double beds but also call again the day of your arrival early to verify that you are actually in a 2 bed room. Room assignments are generally done the night before by the manager so the info will be up to date and complete if you call in the morning. If there is a problem the morning is still plenty time to have your room reassigned.

Orlando has tons of rooms with 2 beds, finding a room with one king seems difficult. I always want a king room and alot of times have trouble getting one!

Places such as NYC is where you need to be careful about getting only one bed. many hotels in NYC only have one Queen bed and very little room for anything else in the small cramped room. Orlando doesn't have a wealth of old non standard size room so I think you will be fine and don't stress.

Originally posted by prncess674

Orlando has tons of rooms with 2 beds, finding a room with one king seems difficult. I always want a king room and alot of times have trouble getting one!

Agreed a king room is usually a more difficult request BUT there have been a handfull of posters who found (sold out hotel) that the hotel gave the rooms with 2 beds to conventional reservations and used PL to fill the king rooms (which they had trouble renting in Orlando).

I recall seeing posts regarding Hilton DTD and Clarion. I'd be very surprised if you can't get 2 beds BUT you have no recourse if you don't.

We stayed at the Marriott Airport in January.

I was SO impressed with the helpfulness of the front staff. and this was at l a.m. arrival time. They want your business and it shows. No mention was made that we we were Priceline. We had special requests and got them easily. Just give them a call to rquest a double.

We would stay here again priceline or not.

herc.

Make sure if they give you a room with King bed that there isn't a sofa bed. More times than not if you have a king bed at a full service hotel such as Hilton or Marriott there is a pull out couch because a king room is the same size as the rooms with 2 double beds. Calling early on arrival and explaining that your family of 4 will be in the room most hotels will be more than happy to accomodate you. PL ressies usually state 2 persons so the hotel doesn't know you need additional bedding.

Also are there other hidden charges we may face?
the only hidden charges I have heard of are resort fees with airport properties don't charge and parking fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter