worried about kid's club

Partridge4ever

DIS Veteran
My daughter has acid reflux. She "throws up" after she eats. It's more of a yucky burp, but she's 7 and that's what she calls it. I'm afraid if she tells the counselors that she's going to throw up, they'll kick her out of the club and quarantine us. I have a note from her doctor saying that it's not contagious. Should I give them the note when I register her for the club or wait to see if it becomes an issue? I've been trying to get her to just spit discreetly.

They do have medicines that are approved for younger kids now. Both my DS and DD have acid reflux and they both take a pill once a day for it. I would check with your family doctor about it. Having suffered thru bouts of it myself, the pills really work well.

I don't remember them feeding children in the clubs, except when they have a meal with the counselors instead of the families. If you are picking your child up for lunch and dinner, it might not be a problem.

I would also have your daughter's doctor fill out the DCL Medical Form and fax it to the DCL Medical Coordinatior and then follow up with her to ensure receipt just to make sure there are no problems. Your TA or you can get this info and form by calling DCL.

Good luck!

My husband has acid reflux disease and used to take prilosec (now he is on the other purple pill nexium) anyhow I noticed that prilosec has become an OTC drug. I don't know if a child as young as yours could take it-check with her doctor but it really helped him a great deal!

She has been on Zantac for a month. We're switchiing tomorrow to Prilosec (the prescription kind). I do plan for her to eat all meals w/us, but that also means we'll be eating differently. She's read the menus w/me and is just as excited as I am. As the cruise gets closer, I'm finding more and more to worry needlessly about. lol

well if she is like my DH.. the Zantac didn't help at all and neither did axid.. but the prilosec made a HUGE difference..hopefully it will for your daughter too and then you won't have any worries! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter