World's largest McDonald's???

Sand Lake Road, you can get to it using I-4, International Drive or Turkey lake Road. It used to advertise itself as having the biggest play area but I don't remember seeing that the last time we were in Orlando, maybe a bigger one exists now.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM7Q

The "biggest" McDonalds is on the corner of International Drive and Sandlake Rd. It is supposed to have the largest play area. It has 2 levels.

We went a few years ago, and found it to be dirty and a confusing place to try to keep track of kids.

I think they should add some of the menu items that international McDonalds' serve to make it a little bit worthwhile. Lamb McSpicy or McSpaghetti anyone? (And yes, those are real! :) )

They serve a lot of items at this McDonalds that you don't see anywhere else. I think corporate uses them for a lot of testing.

They have paninis,pizza and other items not found at other McDonalds restaurants.There's no way it's the biggest McDonalds,but as was said it's definitely the most kid friendly with possibly the largest Playplace,it is a bit of a zoo and the prices are more than regular McDonalds.I used to go there more often than I do now.The franchisee who owns this restaurant has several other stores around Central Florida with different themes.

http://www.mcfun.com/restaurants

That McDonalds holds a special place in my heart. My fiance's friends (from Tampa), decided to show us this amazing McDonalds, on a Friday night, during rush hour. I think we spent 1.5 hours trying to get there from our MK resort.

And we ended up getting the basic McD foods that we can get from our local store!

Where is this located in Orlando?

If going there from the Disney area...
Take I-4 East to Exit 74A (West Sand Lake Road), turn right off the exit ramp and immediately get over into the left turn lane after you cross the road go straight into the drive and turn right into the McDonald's parking lot.

We've been there once. It was the dirtiest McDonald's that I've ever seen. We decided not to get food there.

Dick Taylor

It isn't the largest McDonalds, it just boasts the largest PlayPlace of all McDonalds. I have been to larger McDonalds restaurants.

I was looking for a McDonald's around Universal or Convention Center for breakfast and to check my e-mails - based upon these reviews, I think I will skip this one.

My family dubbed it the McDonalds where you are most likely to lose your kids. While it was fun, it's also very loud and very jumbled up. Maybe I'm an overprotective mother but I found the play area to be too big. The tunnels seem to go up, up, up and once your child is inside, there's no telling where they are until they pop down the slide. DS was almost four when he was there and he wanted to try it. Well, once he got in the tunnels, he couldn't find his way out and we had to send a big kid search party in after him :rotfl:. It was kind of neat having a chicken taco salad at a McDonald's though. I did like that part.

It was the dirtiest McDonald's that I've ever seen. We decided not to get food there.
Of course it is...it's in the tourist area. Have you tried the CiCi's Pizza up the road? That's a nightmare for sure! :sad2:

I was looking for a McDonald's around Universal or Convention Center for breakfast and to check my e-mails - based upon these reviews, I think I will skip this one.
There is a McDonald's on the corner of Kirkman Road and Vineland Road...just past the Universal resort entrance. The address is 5400 South Kirkman Road.

Go to the one on the other side of I-4 on Sand lake Rd. dubbed "European Cafe" it's like 2 minutes from the World's largest Playplace McDonalds and very nice,more in tune for adults.I've heard Tiger Woods frequents this McDonalds,but It'll probably be harder to see him there currently with what's going on in his life.

Go to the one on the other side of I-4 on Sand lake Rd. dubbed "European Cafe" it's like 2 minutes from the World's largest Playplace McDonalds and very nice,more in tune for adults.I've heard Tiger Woods frequents this McDonalds,but It'll probably be harder to see him there currently with what's going on in his life.

Yea Tiger shot himself in the foot. Despite being probably the most famous athlete in the World, he was able to maintain his privacy and probably wasn't bothered very much going to public places in the Orlando area. He has total control of the golf and sports media, but now he will have the tabloid media following his every move and he will not have any privacy until scandal goes away.

Actually, I saw on McDonald's web site that there is a McDonald's on International Drive - looks like in front of the North Convention Center Building. This looks like it may be closer to our hotel - the Westin - and it would avoid all that traffic at the International/Sand Lake intersection. Thanks for your help.

I know I'm dragging this back, but is this still here?

I spoke to someone who had been fairly recently and they couldn't remember it, but maybe it wasn't this one? I remember being in it around 9 or 10 years ago with the wife (then gf) and we loved it. All the games upstairs.

Our little one loves McD's and she'd love this I'm sure.

FD

We went for the first time in 2009 just so we could say "been there, done that". Now we say "been there, will never do that again".

Its large but not humongous. It didn't appear "dirty" to me but the crowds were worse than any Disney park Ive ever seen on any summer month - and thats no lie. It was so crowded you just stood, and stood, and stood...hoping for someone to move so you could simply pass by. It took 45 mins just to get to the counter and order our food. This was on a weekday, in the month of October.

They have lots of games, and of course they cost money. And your kid will get a 1 inch plastic lizard (or something of the sort) if they get enough points/tickets from winning games.

I would never, ever recommend this McDonalds to anyone simply because of the craziness inside due to the crowds.

I took my daughter there last Feb and we walked in and she asked me if we could go down the street to CiCi's.........it (McDonalds)
was one of the worst places I've ever been and apparently my child agreed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter