World Showcase Table Service Solo?

TresGriffin

Mouseketeer
What's the best Table Service restaurant to go solo in at the World Showcase? I've never really experienced TS there, so it'd be nice to give a try while I'm there in August, since it'll be in lieu of doing some booth-hopping since there's no festival going on at the time.

I've had good solo experiences at Via Napoli and Le Cellier. At Via Napoli my server was really nice and attentive without being too in your face about it, and I didn't have to wait for refills on my drink or anything like that. My server at Le Cellier was very nice, and she even brought me a bowl of their cheddar cheese soup on the house. I don't know if she felt sorry for me as a solo diner or if she was just being nice, but it was a nice (and delicious!) gesture. :)

I've dine all of them solo. All were "best" for going solo. Never had an issue.

I didn't like the food at San Angel but the service and atmosphere was great.
I'm a fan of Biergarten. I know some don't like the shared table but I do. And the food is good.
I think the best food is Tokyo Dining. I've had several great solo experiences there.
Marrakesh is really fun.
The food a Le Cellier has gone downhill in the last few years. I won't go there again.
My fav is Rose and Crown. I guess I would call that one "the best".

i've done a few of them, but i would have no problem doing any of them except for biergarten - i'm just too shy to do the shared tables. also, i don't know if i would do askerhush (idk how to spell it LOL) but that's just because i never know what to say to face characters. it would depend on my mood, but really, you should be fine at any of them! nine dragons in china is really yummy!

I have done Le Cellier, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons, Akershus, Vis Napoli and San Angel Inn solo. No issues being a solo at any of them...staff attentive at all...actually character meals they let you know they will help with pictures, which I appreciated. I say pick based on menu choice...not world showcase but my favorite solo dining is coral reef...love the aquarium...I like San Angel Inn for the atmosphere and it is so dark no one can see you anyway 🤣

I haven't done the World Showcase solo but I did eat at Ale & Compass solo and it was fine. I think any of the restaurants will make you feel comfortable so pick your cuisine and don't worry!

I found the best service at Rose and Crown. One time we could see a storm coming in as I was eating dessert, so they brought me a (complimentary) cup of tea and told me to take my time because of the weather. It was lunchtime, and they weren't overly busy. Nice touch!

I save Biergarten and the teppanyaki restaurant for trips with family or friends. The shared tables can be a really great experience solo, but with certain groups I can feel like a third-wheel or intruder. I think it's uncomfortable if it's just you and one large group that really doesn't care to eat with someone else, or perhaps they just don't speak your language.

Otherwise, I'd say whether you're solo or not doesn't matter, and you should just eat at whatever restaurant appeals to you most.

I eat wherever I am hungry for. There is no good or bad in terms of being solo. And I have dined solo at Biergarten and Teppan without any issues. Go and eat what sounds good to you. Have a fun trip.

I’ve done Biergarten, La Hacienda de San Angel, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia Ristorante, Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria all Solo. Over the course of several years.
The Best would have to be, The BOATHOUSE.

Let's see, I've done Le Cellier, Les Chefs, Via Napoli (x6!), San Angel Inn, and La Hacienda de San Angel solo and had good experiences at all. I have preferences among them based on food, but I would be happy to eat at any WS restaurant solo except for Biergarten and Teppan Edo because of the shared seating.

I think whichever appeals to you in terms of food/atmosphere will be your "best." Enjoy!

Teppan Edo is one of my favorites to do solo. The food is good and you can end up talking with some interesting people.

Just spent 4 days solo.....ate at San Angel Inn twice! Don’t know if I did bc I could solo in the dark or simply bc it’s my favorite in World Showcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!