World of Color dining/dessert?

allthenamesaretaken

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm going to Disneyland for the first time in July for the expo. I'm wondering if World of Color dining or dessert packages are worth it? And okay to do solo?
Is the dessert party more expensive because that's a seated viewing and dinner viewing is standing?
Thanks

I personally like the Ariel's Grotto package. It is really good food and ends up in a good spot. The dessert party isn't an all-you-can eat; it is just a plate with a bunch of different desserts. I'm not interested in most of those, so I've never done it.
Disneyland Resort is really fine as a solo experience. The CMs are used to locals coming in by themselves, so sitting by yourself at dinner is fine.

I've done the World of Color dessert party solo a couple of times. The first time I had a table to myself and spent a lot of time before the show chatting with the cast members. The second time I was seated with another party, which potentially could have been seriously awkward. While I knew this was a possibility it came as a surprise to the other party (which consisted of three adults). Fortunately they rolled with it and we ended up chatting about Disney World, but I was initially concerned on their behalf. Having a random guy seated with you could be an issue for many people.

With that warning out of the way, this is one of my favorite activities and I think it is well worth the added cost. If you are willing to deal with a little potential awkwardness I'd recommend it.

I did the World of Color Dessert Party solo last year. I had a table to myself, which was nice, and the CM did a great job taking care of me all night, including taking a photo with the lit-up background at the end of the night. The actual dessert selection was a little underwhelming for the cost, but I was paying more for the seat and the quality view.

I've not done the dining package, but really enjoyed the dessert package last year. It came with fruit, cheese, several small desserts and cheese bread sticks. I boxed some of the remainders in a box to take back to the room. I chatted with some nice ladies in line, they invited me to sit with them, but they preferred the high table and I wanted to sit in a chair where my feet touched the ground. The CM sat me at a table on my own. Great view and it was really nice to be able to sit after walking the parks all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter