• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

working on our ADR list (updated in last post - at 100 days out finally snagged ROL!!!)

Another one to look at in Disney Springs is Homecoming. It's new but it's got very good reviews and having had a look at the menu it looks vey child friendly

Another one to look at in Disney Springs is Homecoming. It's new but it's got very good reviews and having had a look at the menu it looks vey child friendly

thanks
i'm going to look through all the disney springs offerings...
i wonder if any of them will have walk ups..

by the way, the disney dinign website has been down most of the day when accessing online..
the most reliable access has been on the MDE app on my iphone...
something to keep in mind when you make your ADRs..

it's really interesting which ones have given me the most trouble..
i wasn't expecting it...

Glad you're working through your list.we were at Disney Springs over Christmas and New Year but you couldn't get near most places, it was crazy busy. Never even saw homecoming.

so i'm going through the disney springs menus..

based only on the menus, these are the places that would seem to work for us:
- the boathouse (menu looks really good)
- portobello
- raglan road
- splitsville

i just realized my Credit card is going to get a major hit - i'm making reservations for 8 people for 19 restaurants!!!!
does anyone know? even if i'm making ADRs for 'free dining', do they still put a hold on my credit card for the full amount?
that's going to be a very big hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked and none of the reservations I made last week are showing on my credit card account - thank goodness!
The only transaction from my manic weekend of Disney planning which is there is our 4 x ESTA fees :-)

so i'm going through the disney springs menus..

based only on the menus, these are the places that would seem to work for us:
- the boathouse (menu looks really good)
- portobello
- raglan road
- splitsville

We've gone with Splitsville for our Disney Springs evening but I'm watching reviews. Looks like Plant Hollywood has opened this week so that might change everything but as we can eat in Planet Hollywood 7 miles from home and never actually go there, maybe not...

Oh, and I could book day on day after the first tranche of reservations at 180 days.

HTH :-)

Last edited:
Just checked and none of the reservations I made last week are showing on my credit card account - thank goodness!
The only transaction from my manic weekend of Disney planning which is there is our 4 x ESTA fees :-)

well one of the ADRs did indeed hit my CC very very hard...
the ADR at cinderella's royal table requires an actual payment...
for 8 people, it came out to $545!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yikes
and i won't get it back until we eat there in august!!!

well one of the ADRs did indeed hit my CC very very hard...
the ADR at cinderella's royal table requires an actual payment...
for 8 people, it came out to $545!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yikes
and i won't get it back until we eat there in august!!!
Do they not let you just assign the credits right away at CRT?

Thats what we did last May, called them to be sure the Credits were used over my card

Do they not let you just assign the credits right away at CRT?

Thats what we did last May, called them to be sure the Credits were used over my card

the system didn't give us that option..
you can do that?
i'll call them today and see what they say..
thanks!!!!!!!!!

the system didn't give us that option..
you can do that?
i'll call them today and see what they say..
thanks!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, before our 180 days, I called and asked what the deal is. They said it often makes you pay by card online, even if you have DDP or DxDDP. Best bet, they said, is to call and they can force it to take two credits per person off now. If you cancel you get them back. Same goes with Spirit of Aloha at the Poly, Backyard BBQ and Hoop de Doop Revue.

Yeah, before our 180 days, I called and asked what the deal is. They said it often makes you pay by card online, even if you have DDP or DxDDP. Best bet, they said, is to call and they can force it to take two credits per person off now. If you cancel you get them back. Same goes with Spirit of Aloha at the Poly, Backyard BBQ and Hoop de Doop Revue.

i did call...
they cancelled and made a new reservation...
of course, the special desk had to work on it..
that's the desk that cast members have to call when there's something that needs to be done that they're not able to do themselves..
there are special CMs who are able to override the system..
i've had call center CMs who've had to go call on the special CMs before, so i wasn't surprised that's what happened in this case....

anyway, all's well that ends well... and no prepayment!!

by the way, i'm still making ADRs...each day i add on one more day...
i still have another 7 days to go or something like that..
so far it's been fine because of course i'm going in on the last day of everyone else's window.
so the easiest to get...

Thats good news!! With IT systems there is ALWAYS someone who can override it. It's often just a case of the front line employee knowing it can be done, or who does it, or getting authority. CMs are given a fair amount of freedom to do things that make things easier for guests etc.

You should fine walking your booking period along by a day at a time now, much easier than the first 10 days in one go lol!

Thats good news!! With IT systems there is ALWAYS someone who can override it. It's often just a case of the front line employee knowing it can be done, or who does it, or getting authority. CMs are given a fair amount of freedom to do things that make things easier for guests etc.

You should fine walking your booking period along by a day at a time now, much easier than the first 10 days in one go lol!

i've been doing well with the day by day until today..
the entire disney ADR reservation system is down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was fighting it for an hour and then when the call center opened i called in and the CM said it's down for them too..
the IT department had seen fit to take down the entire system for "enhancements" and apparently they didn't get it back up in time....
she told me to keep trying online and on the app or to call back in another hour..

glad today wasn't my 180 +10 day!!!!!!

i've been doing well with the day by day until today..
the entire disney ADR reservation system is down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was fighting it for an hour and then when the call center opened i called in and the CM said it's down for them too..
the IT department had seen fit to take down the entire system for "enhancements" and apparently they didn't get it back up in time....
she told me to keep trying online and on the app or to call back in another hour..

glad today wasn't my 180 +10 day!!!!!!

This would be my absolute worst nightmare! This coming June will be my ADR time, we're going to be there for 21 nights with just 4 of us for 10 nights, then going up to 11 of us, then 2 days later we go up to 14 and then on December 26th we go up to 18 ......making all those dinner reservations over xmas and new year is definitely going to make me old before my time LOL!!

This would be my absolute worst nightmare! This coming June will be my ADR time, we're going to be there for 21 nights with just 4 of us for 10 nights, then going up to 11 of us, then 2 days later we go up to 14 and then on December 26th we go up to 18 ......making all those dinner reservations over xmas and new year is definitely going to make me old before my time LOL!!

yeah - i have 19 days for the 8 of us, then an additional 3 days for 4 of us....
the day by day isn't too bad, it just means i have to remember to get online (or on app) right at 13:00 our time (11:00 UK time).

At least if the system is down it's down for everyone, so you won't lose access to anyone who's window opens when yours does :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter