working on our ADR list (updated in last post - at 100 days out finally snagged ROL!!!)

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
so DD and i started working on our proposed ADR list.
We'll have 19 table service credits to work with (our dining package is for 19 of the days we're there)
Since there will be two toddlers in our group of 8, this has affected our choices (we're leaving out some of the places we might have chosen otherwise).

Draft List:
MK
- Cinderella's Royal Table
- Be Our Guest
- Skipper Canteen
- Crystal Palace
- Plaza Restaurant

DHS
- Fantasmic Package - Hollywood & Vine character meal
- 50's prime time
- sci fi

AK
- Yak & Yeti
- Tusker House character meal

Epcot
- Akerhous character meal
- San Angel Inn
- Coral Reef

Hotels
- 1900 Park Fare character meal
- Chef Mickey - character meal

That's only 16 TS credits.
We need 3 more.
Any restaurants in disney springs that take the dining plan and would be of interest to two toddlers?

Disney Springs restaurent's are not always kid friendly but if you are planning on any time there then there is Blaze or Homecoming for instance. Or maybe T-Rex or Rainforest for more family atmosphere

Last edited:
Yes I was going to suggest Rainforest or T-Rex too, but the noise can be a bit overwhelming for some. I have also read good reviews on the character breakfast at Garden Grill (Epcot).

right after i posted this, i remembered T-Rex
i think what we might do with t-rex is go by there to check it out with the kids...
i think you can go into the boneyard for free, so if the kids aren't put off by the noise, then maybe we'll see if we can get a reservation..

i forgot about the garden grill..
i'm off to check it out.. :)

Oh, post what you decide to go with. I really like the Plaza and Crystal Palace at MK, and we had a brilliant breakfast at 1900 Park Fare last year. We also went to the Italian in Epcot, Via Napolia and enjoyed that too, as well as O'hanas over at the Poly.

Oh, post what you decide to go with. I really like the Plaza and Crystal Palace at MK, and we had a brilliant breakfast at 1900 Park Fare last year. We also went to the Italian in Epcot, Via Napolia and enjoyed that too, as well as O'hanas over at the Poly.

we love the plaza too...
as for the crystal palace, the last time we went there for lunch, DD got terribly sick immediately afterwards (not real fun to lose your lunch in the adventureland bathroom....)..
so we haven't been back there...but the characters there are adorable, and the setting charming...so we'll go back for the sake of the kidlets....and DD will be careful what she eats!!!

we had a wonderful dinner at 1900 park fare 5 years ago and hope we can repeat the experience...
my daughter in law is in love with princesses, especially Cinderella...
i had no idea at all....
i'd made that reservation for DD because of the chef who was there at the time (the very famous one who cooks up a storm for vegans)...
but then in walked cindy and my daughter in law turned all red....she was soooooooooooooooooooo happy....i couldn't believe how sweet...
she and DS and cindy and prince charming took pictures together...cutest thing i ever saw and sooooooooo surprising given that she's so serious..

so of course we have to go back there....and this time with their two toddlers....i hope it turns out as magical!!!!

Sounds wonderful Beth, but a nightmare trying to please everyone. I'm sure you'll all have a brilliant vacation. At the plaza they made the shakes and brought the spare out in the silver mixer pot, so it was really like getting a double portion. We had breakfast at 1900 and the Mad Hatter was the funniest :goodvibes

Sounds wonderful Beth, but a nightmare trying to please everyone. I'm sure you'll all have a brilliant vacation. At the plaza they made the shakes and brought the spare out in the silver mixer pot, so it was really like getting a double portion. We had breakfast at 1900 and the Mad Hatter was the funniest :goodvibes

i had breakfast at 1900 one time when i was just with DD at WDW...just the two of us....and yes, the mad hatter was a scream....sort of this cynical funny character....a riot...

we used to do lots of character breakfasts, but for several years now, we've had our longest meal at lunch - to break up the intense heat...

the brand new ADR for us, that i hope we can get, is cinderella's royal table...
i'm also going for that one for two reasons..
for the toddlers, but especially for my daughter in law...i think she'll just love meeting cinderella in that setting..
and eating in the castle and all that..

when DD and i were talking about it today, she suggested going to CRT...
so i said that if we were already seeing cindy there, we could pass on 1900...
so DD said, "NO - at 1900 we get to meet the entire tremaine family - mom and the step sisters...and they're too much of a hoot to pass up"
which is true....they really are very funny...

the other new one for us in this list is of course the skipper canteen..
should be interesting..i already know what i'm going to order :)

Seems like you have everything in hand. We had a reservation for Planet Hollywood on the 28th December, but just had an email to say it was cancelled. We did wonder as all reports still show it as under construction!

Seems like you have everything in hand. We had a reservation for Planet Hollywood on the 28th December, but just had an email to say it was cancelled. We did wonder as all reports still show it as under construction!

we have so many in MK now...and we'd really like to eat at the plaza twice, but i don't see how..

maybe we'll go to one park and then head for dinner to MK

DD just found a new one to add to the list: Planet Hollywood....
it's undergoing a concept change...
i wonder if it's on the dining plan..

Last edited:
I think WDW are taking reservations from January. As I mentioned above, ours has just been cancelled for December 28th due to "unforeseen circumstances ", aka "not ready yet"! Not sure about the dining plan though.

Hi Samantha, sorry to hijack the thread but i'm not too swift on all the private messaging but i have the Illuminations cruise all set if you are interested for NYE. It's for the 6pm fireworks please pm me so we can chat
Liz

I think WDW are taking reservations from January. As I mentioned above, ours has just been cancelled for December 28th due to "unforeseen circumstances ", aka "not ready yet"! Not sure about the dining plan though.

oh i didn't notice your mention of planet hollywood...
right, LOL...not ready yet..
it sounds like it's going to be cool!!
so you're going for chistmas?

Hi Samantha, sorry to hijack the thread but i'm not too swift on all the private messaging but i have the Illuminations cruise all set if you are interested for NYE. It's for the 6pm fireworks please pm me so we can chat
Liz
I emailed you Liz :)

oh i didn't notice your mention of planet hollywood...
right, LOL...not ready yet..
it sounds like it's going to be cool!!
so you're going for chistmas?

Hi Beth, yes we have always enjoyed the atmosphere in Planet Hollywood and were looking forward to seeing the revamped restaurant.

We are off at the end of next week, so looking forward to our holiday :santa:

Hi Beth, yes we have always enjoyed the atmosphere in Planet Hollywood and were looking forward to seeing the revamped restaurant.

We are off at the end of next week, so looking forward to our holiday :santa:

i hope you have super weather!!..
most of the times we've gone in december, it's been relatively warm and wonderful!! :)

so after watching a zillion youtube videos, we've decided to add another restaurant that's new to us - Garden Grill in epcot
we'd like to do the character lunch...
with 8 people in our group, i'm guessing it will be more of a challenge here...

so updating the list:
Draft 2 (changes in red fonts):
MK
- Cinderella's Royal Table
- Be Our Guest
- Skipper Canteen
- Crystal Palace
- Plaza Restaurant

DHS
- Fantasmic Package - Hollywood & Vine character meal (minnie dinner)
- 50's prime time
- sci fi

AK
- Yak & Yeti
- Tusker House character meal
- (??? new restaurant in the new world of avatar area to open in summer 2017 ???)

Epcot
- Akerhous character meal
- San Angel Inn
- La Hacienda de San Angel
- Coral Reef
- Garden Grill lunch character meal

Hotels
- 1900 Park Fare - character meal
- Chef Mickey - character meal

Disney Springs
- Planet Hollywood Observatory
- T-Rex

so that's 20 restaurants, needing 21 TS credits (CRT is 2), but we only have 19 TS credits.
So now we have to eliminate 2 places.
hmmm..

assuming we get cindy's, which 2 should i eliminate?
well the new restuarant at AK might be eliminated for me. But of the rest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter