WOOOOTTT!!! Look At This We Made TV!!!

Bug, Thanks for sending your story in. It's the type of human interest piece that most local broadcasts love. It shows the heart that this so-called "promotion" has created.

Holy cow?
holycow.jpg

Ok, I'm trying really hard not to scream here...pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate it at my office!!

I'm off to write some more letters and make a shopping list for my flats. :)

The video can actually be seen through the channel 6 news website, yesterday I couldn't see or find the video at all. I have also posted the video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCZsOmRAk94), but if moderators feel it should be removed please do so since you can search on Channel 6 News also. You can also search on youtube for the video...Please note, I have requested to approve comments and approve video comments before allowing them to be posted, I want to make sure it stays child friendly regarding comments. I have also posted the channel 6 news webpage in the description, and also a link to savevmk....

P.S. I will forgive the lady reporter for mentioning at the end that lights out is September 30th :)

thanks for putting that on youtube tigger, I was hoping to get to see it. They (local 6) did a real nice job there.

thanks for putting that on youtube tigger, I was hoping to get to see it. They (local 6) did a real nice job there.

Yeah, They did I wanted to make sure that both the station and savevmk gets some recognition here also, so please feel free anybody to visit both of those sites also. In addition, There is a really good article on channel 6 news so to give them recognition make sure you visit their site to bring their amount of hits up...Thanks!

Maybe if we send them a polite note saying that the piece is great, but they got the closing date wrong by a LONG shot (they say 9/30), they will post a correction on their site - creating additional press.

ETA - This has already been done. I am writing this so that no one else does so. They did a great piece, they are aware of the correction, great work all.

Maybe if we send them a polite note saying that the piece is great, but they got the closing date wrong by a LONG shot (they say 9/30), they will post a correction on their site - creating additional press.

its worth a shot :) but I agree POLITE. they were wootastic for what they have already done for us :)

Disney Dreams said:

Already done, ty :)

Woot, this is so cool. It would be great if they did at least make the closing date Sept 30. That would give us more time to fight this...

wow guys this is great i'm proud of all of us. great teamwork to get this far in just a week [; :grouphug:

i'm about to do this right now :-)

I just sent them a thank you letter for airing the story. I didn't mention anything about the closing date though. I just wanted to let them know how much it means to all of us that they covered the story and what a great job they did with the piece. :goodvibes

I went to contact us on their site and already wrote out my message. But where it says which recipient to send to, I have no idea what to put. LOL, could someone tell me which one to select? :-)

I wasn't sure either, but I chose the News Director one. I think either that or the News Manager would be ok because I assume they both deal with the running/airing of the news stories. :)

P.S. I will forgive the lady reporter for mentioning at the end that lights out is September 30th :)

We have through to Fall folks! :rotfl2:

It was a combination of a gasp and a laugh when I heard her say that.

If only it twer true!

I just watched the News clip and it brought a tear to my eye, a happy tear that we finally got on the news.

And I agree with aengus, Local 6 has done a wonderful job with the Story. And when they said the closing date I had a huge question mark over my head. I agree with sending them a polite letter with the info on the closing date. :)

Thanks Tigger for posting this!!! Nice work by Local6 and the family interviewed. :goodvibes

I agree! Well done Local6 for bringing the "real" factor to this virtual story! I think so many non VMK'ers don't get it until they read and see the impact this "little promotional game" has had on so many lives. The more we get these stories out there, the better.

Thanks for keeping us informed too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter