WOO HOO gave up seats for free trip

bsusanmb

Childhood sweethearts married on the Magic 6/2/13
After a long week on WDW, we were really tired and couldn't wait to get home. But, Airtran overbooked and asked for volunteers. DH and I decided to give up our seats, and in return we got upgraded to 1st class on the next flight out, got 20 bucks towards a dinner at Macaroni Grill, and 2 free round trip tickets good for one year! I thought it was a good deal for a 3 hour delay!

I try this a lot but have not succeeded often.

Some "round trip vouchers" are not good for any flight, any destination, any time but rather are good only on flight not likely to sell out.

If I rent a car, I usually stay offsite the first night so I can do things like this on the way down and not worry about perhaps having to wait for a flight the next day and missing a resort night.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Last success: Nov. 2001 coming back from Disney on Delta, got $350. voucher and they put me up in a nearby hotel.

A few years back (Spring Break 04') I got bumped 2x on a Northwest flight. Ended up going from MCO-MEM-MSP-CVG-DTW. Was a long day for sure, but we ended up flying First Class the entire journey, got $700 p/p in travel vouchers and lunch/dinner in MSP and CVG...

I usually take up airlines on their volunteer offers when I've got some flexibility on my arrival time (usually this means flying home from a trip). It's a great way to get some nice perks. :)

Last Feb 2006 President's week, my DD 11 & I took 2 bumps & all in the same day. We arrived in MCO 6 hours later "First Class" We receved $1,600.00 in AA money.

With the AA money (bump money), I booked 2 RT tickets to Barcelona for June 2007. We are meeting up with the, "Disney Magic" & going to Spain Italy, & France. Thanks American.

This past Nov 2006, week took a bump with Delta. We each received $400.00 & proceeded to be put up in the Hyatt, given lunch dinner & breakfast, & next early am we flew home "First Class"

I am now planning our Nov 2007 trip with our bump money. :banana:

Don't forget to record your bump with this link

http://www.bumptracker.com/

Anyone else get bumped????

Patricia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter