Wonder specific advice and basic questions

CaLuCa

Mouseketeer
We just booked the San Juan to PC that leaves in a couple weeks. So excited! We are spending a few days in Puerto Rico prior...bioluminscent bay, snorkeling, El Yunque. Trying to figure out the best way to get to the port and get the rental car returned to the airport. We thought we would drive into San Juan in the morning, park and tour the fort. Then dh would drop off me, the kids, and bags at the port, return the rental car and uber back to the port. Our PAT is 1:00. Can I go ahead and check in without him and go onboard (want to get the kids fed, hopefully)? Is it possible to split the party like that? Our reasoning would be that it is much easier for one person to get a ride back to the port than 6 and bags.

Definitely looking for some other ideas too! Main goal is to let the kids see the fort before going on board.

Random questions:
Alcohol? I think I remember you can bring it on, but is it packed or a carryon? What's the limit?
Character signing? Our last cruise, you could drop off a couple things at guest services to be signed by various characters. Is this still happening?

Anything else I should be thinking about? Previous cruise was the Dream in February 2015.

We just booked the San Juan to PC that leaves in a couple weeks. So excited! We are spending a few days in Puerto Rico prior...bioluminscent bay, snorkeling, El Yunque. Trying to figure out the best way to get to the port and get the rental car returned to the airport. We thought we would drive into San Juan in the morning, park and tour the fort. Then dh would drop off me, the kids, and bags at the port, return the rental car and uber back to the port. Our PAT is 1:00. Can I go ahead and check in without him and go onboard (want to get the kids fed, hopefully)? Is it possible to split the party like that? Our reasoning would be that it is much easier for one person to get a ride back to the port than 6 and bags.

Definitely looking for some other ideas too! Main goal is to let the kids see the fort before going on board.

Random questions:
Alcohol? I think I remember you can bring it on, but is it packed or a carryon? What's the limit?
Character signing? Our last cruise, you could drop off a couple things at guest services to be signed by various characters. Is this still happening?

Anything else I should be thinking about? Previous cruise was the Dream in February 2015.
Alcohol - each guest 21 and over may bring onboard EITHER 2 bottles of wine/champagne (750 ml max size) OR 6 beers (12 oz each max). Must be in carry on bags, not checked.

No more item drop off for signatures. If you want signatures, you must bring items to meet and greets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter