Wonder & Magic in Nassau

I just want to add my thanks to everyone who contributed these spectacular photos and also the great stories to this thread. I am really enjoying it!

A bit OT, but I was on a Regent ship when it passed another Regent ship for the first time in many years while crossing the med from Greece to Italy. The one ship circled ours. I took lots of zoomed in photos and posted them on the internet. Then I found people on the other ship that had done the same thing and we were able to find ourselves on the deck waving.

So those of you who have photos should post them full size so someone from the other ship might recognize themselves.

I was on the Magic too.........
And we were up on deck eating and i wish i had started taking pictures or video early on, i saw the Wonder WAY WAY FAR AWAY..........I guess iwas in the moment tooo much to realize i shoudl be documenting.

My Dh and kids didnt get it, i kept saying that has to be the Wonder, i dont get it, they never sail this close together.........

And then finally i realized why........

it was very cool to see it coming closer and closer to us.
Just wish i had been with someone who realized the coolnes of it!

I didnt REALLY care that we didnt make it to CC i say this was our learning experince cruise..........we have many more oportunities to see CC and when ever we get their it will be A FIRST! So we have somethign to look forward to!:banana:

We, too, were on the Magic in Nassau last Friday. I love seeing everyone's pictures. The cast members were so excited to see the Wonder pulling in. My DS and I were visiting Terk when it was happening, and after meeting us, there was no one else in line, and Terk and his handler even ran outside to see the Wonder come in. I have a really cute picture of Terk on the deck of the Magic with the Wonder pulling in but I have no idea how to resize it to put it here. (it took me forever to get my signature pics and I don't remember how I did it).

I too was very disappointed that we didn't get to Castaway Cay. I know there is nothing they could do, but I am sad and I feel kind of short changed.

We too, were on the Mean Jeanne cruise. But, we never saw the Wonder. We were holed up for countless hours at a hotel Disney rented for the day. I'm pretty sure it was after 9 or 10 at night when we finally got a bus from the hotel and got onboard. Quite a day.

Yep...the actual date we sailed was 9/27/04.....we were on that sailing too!! I just checked my pics from that cruise. I have a pic of the Wonder taken from the Magic but it is too dark to post....but it was cool to see them both in port.

What chaos those few days before!!! We rode Jeanne out at the Poly when we heard that Port Canaveral was shut down (we were actually on our way to the Radisson at PC for that Friday night...we heard about PC evacuating just as we were passing WDW on I4 from Clearwater....So...I said to my hubby...if Iam going to ride out a hurricane I want to do it at WDW...so we pulled in and were able to snag a room at the Poly after waiting on line for 2 hours!!!). Then on Monday or Tuesday (I think Monday) our DCL bus broke down on the way to PE and we had to wait over an hour in the hot sun until a new bus arrived.....glad when we finally were able to board!!!

I believe that last time the Magic and Wonder saw each other was on 10/14/06 when the Wonder returned from dry dock and was at Port Canaveral with the Magic. I was lucky to be on the Magic and to hear the dueling horns between the 2 sisters.

I was on my first cruise 10/7-10/14 2006 and didn't know that the ships being close together wasn't a common occurance. Here is the picture that I took of the Wonder from our balcony that morning on the Magic... although you can't tell it is other than maybe by its docked location.

IMGP4367.jpg

I have one more double sighting for you to add to the list.

We were on a cruise in 9/2004 (hurricane Jeanne) and both ships were at Port Everglades together. We were waving across the dock as we left port and we watched the sun go down over the other ship!

I think it was on a Tuesday evening (we were supposed to board Saturday in Canaveral.)

one more, but i don't think it really counts. on the 10 day christmas cruise the magic passed the wonder at night on christmas day 2006 heading from castaway cay to port canaveral.

we were on the magic too
had a great day in Naussau made the most of it
just watching all the crew member meeting each other and shouting and waving to each other from each boat was priceless
we were told that it was only the second time that the ships have been docked side by side will post some photos later
I dont believe anyone slept that last night.
I slept all night heard nothing DH didn't sleep much

So those of you who have photos should post them full size so someone from the other ship might recognize themselves.
what a great idea most try and look out for myself

will post some photos later

That is really cool. Such a rare chance.
Love the Pictures.... :love:
Thank you to everyone that took pictures. I bet that was quite a site to see.

Just as an FYI if you don't know, both the Wonder and the Magic are scheduled to be at Castaway Cay on Friday. I don't know quite how they're going to work that, but that's how cruisecal has them listed. I assume that they're really going to change the Wonder's days for at sea and CC on that cruise.

They are switching the 4 day and 3 day cruises this week for Thanksgiving.

Your reference to my page at Tigger Travels got my attention. Missing CC is a real bummer. That was fortunate for us that they tried again and the next day was about as perfect as it could have been.

In May 2007 we were aboard the Wonder and made our first stop at CC but it was so terrible due to a storm the previous day. All swimming was restricted to that closest area where they rent Hobies but there were no rentals. Shark nets were torn and there was a shark in the family and snorkel area. It was windy, cloudy and cold but my wife and I swam across the enclosed area with our own snorkel equipment. We got spooked half way across and high-tailed it back.

HERE IS THE FUN PART: We went to CC the very next day to make it up and once again, it was beyond PERFECT! Weather clear, sun shining, nets fixed and shark gone. It turned out to be one of our best times there... of course there are a lot of those "one of our best times there"! XD 11 visits down with two more in October 2013 on DVC cruise! Woohoo!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter