Woman jumps on hood of car during carjacking

Foolish move ...it's a car. Unless children are inside then by all means pull out ALL the stops!
No car is worth your life.

Hopefully, the suspect left DNA in the car. Someone this brazen will most certainly have a lengthy criminal record.

TC :cool1:

I don't know what she had in the car that was so important (no kids in there)...but sometimes people don't think in those situations. They just react. I hope I wouldn't do something like that.

I don't know what she had in the car that was so important (no kids in there)...but sometimes people don't think in those situations. They just react. I hope I wouldn't do something like that.

She said her purse and phone were in the car, so obviously wallet and all that good stuff.

Hopefully, the suspect left DNA in the car. Someone this brazen will most certainly have a lengthy criminal record.

TC :cool1:

Plus they've got the black car in the video. They should be able to get the license plate and track it down, assuming that car wasn't jacked as well.

Sadly, this happened near my suburb. Car jacking and breaking into vehicles has gone up at an alarming rate in the Milwaukee area. The criminals are so brazen, they don't care if they injure people or destroy property.

It was a hot topic on the radio station call ins....people weighing in about whether jumping on the car was a good idea or not. People made some good arguments for agreeing and disagreeing with the woman's actions.
I wouldn't have done it personally (we have great insurance so I wouldn't take the risk; maybe this lady did not, idk?) But some folks are fed up and are willing to take more drastic measures.

I will give her major props for her spider monkey jumping skills though!

I heard a quick clip on the radio. It seems she knows it was not a good decision, she just reacted and was grateful it worked out.

For a car, I would hope that I would not react the way she did, but I'm glad that she is OK and the thief didn't get away with her car. Ugh, that's a horrible decision to have to make if your baby is in the car. You possibly leave them motherless/fatherless, but your best chance of them staying alive is probably by doing something similar. I just hope if I did get killed someone nearby would report the car quickly, so hopefully the baby would be saved.

I'm curious, how did they have the keys?

Carjackings have been on the rise every spring and summer in my area. My big fear is that someone will drive off with DD. I always lock my car and keep my keys with me. The tank is also on the driver's side which is nice. I know none of this is foolproof.

The woman in the video was an idiot for jumping on the car like that. It is just a car, it can be replaced. Sounds like they made away with her valuables anyway. She got very lucky that they didn't have a gun or run her over.

I'm curious, how did they have the keys?

Carjackings have been on the rise every spring and summer in my area. My big fear is that someone will drive off with DD. I always lock my car and keep my keys with me. The tank is also on the driver's side which is nice. I know none of this is foolproof.

The woman in the video was an idiot for jumping on the car like that. It is just a car, it can be replaced. Sounds like they made away with her valuables anyway. She got very lucky that they didn't have a gun or run her over.

I lock my car too when I'm getting gas. I think this is more likely to happen to me loading groceries, but then they would still have to manage to get my keys.

I lock my car too when I'm getting gas. I think this is more likely to happen to me loading groceries, but then they would still have to manage to get my keys.

Wouldn't they just flash a gun and most people would just hand over the keys???

They would have to have a gun/other weapon. Not all carjackers do. I was mostly pointing out that you would be less of a target if you don't have keys in the ignition. Little confrontation involved if they can basically just hop in and drive.

She left the keys in the car. I never leave my keys in my car or the car unlocked while getting gas, especially in Milwaukee! I lock the car because my purse is usually in there and I'm not going to be distracted by a team of thieves so they can grab my purse and run.

If my daughter is not in the car, yes, I will hand the keys over. If she is in there, my plan is to throw the keys as far as possible away from me. I realize that may not end well for me, but I would do anything to protect her.

This was my thought. Sometimes you act instinctively without even thinking.

The advice given is to throw your keys and run in the opposite direction.

Someone wants my vehicle they can have it. I set my bag on the floorboard, stick my phone and debit card in my pocket and lock up when I pump gas. I don't lock up when my kids are in the vehicle in case I need to get to them but I do keep the keys in my pocket and roll down the windows so they're clearly visible. Carjackers want property not kids.

This is why I always take my keys and lock the door when getting gas, or really just about anywhere.

She is incredibly lucky she didn't get hurt. I know she just reacted, but it could have ended with her run over and seriously hurt or dead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter