Wolfgang Puck Cafe - Friday, August 17th

Aimeedyan

DIS Veteran
After our bad exp at Bongos (see earlier review here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553981 ) we headed next door to see about seating on the patio since the weather was gorgeous.

After a 10 min wait, our party of 4 were seated outside and immediately greeted by our waitress. She got points for that =)

I've never dined here and the menu looked delicious. Two of us had our eye on sushi and one of us had just met us for drinks and was not eating.

For appetizers, we ordered the Blue Cheese Kettle Chips with truffle oil. It comes on a big plate and was plenty big for 4 to share (and leave leftovers). I thought it was really yummy and I may try to make something similar at home =)

My mom also ordered a bowl of the butternut squash soup which was delicious!

The chef's selection of sushi was all spicy sushi that evening so two of us opted to get the Rainbow Roll (California inside out roll with tuna, whitefish, salmon, shrimp and avocado). It was a really big portion, I thought, and was very fresh and tasty. I think there were 8 large pieces, but my memory is fuzzy.

Mom ordered the Chef's Salad and it was HUGE! Looked delicious and she was very happy.

I'm a tea addict and literally go through 5-6 glasses at a meal (and their mango tea was yummy) and the waitress continued to keep it filled up without asking. She also graciously got me a to-go cup from Express and filled it up for me when we finished our meal.

We found the menu to be very large and varied (something Disney owned spots don't have much of anymore), prices very affordable esp at DTD (we paid OOP), service very attentive and good, and we loved the patio atmosphere. The tables around us all seemed to also have good service and the food going by on trays looked delicious.

We'll def return again =)

Thanks for the good review. We're trying this place for the first time in a couple weeks on DDP and are just slightly disappointed that steak for DH is off the menu. I think he can compromise with the pork chops, though!

Glad to hear about the tea! Our server at Chefs de France gave DKs and I to go cups full of tea last August when we had lunch there. That was very thoughtful and really made an impression on us. Looking forward to our dinner! :thumbsup2

DD21 & I will be at WPC on Friday September 7. Did you find the noise level okay? I'm trying to decide if we should eat in the restaurant or request a patio table.

Where you seated outside at the back, or at the front of the restaurant?

DD21 & I will be at WPC on Friday September 7. Did you find the noise level okay? I'm trying to decide if we should eat in the restaurant or request a patio table.

Where you seated outside at the back, or at the front of the restaurant?

We were seated on the side of the building; the front patio is for the Express it looked like.

I went inside only to use the restroom and it's a bustling place. Open sushi bar with people interacting with the chefs and an open kitchen with a bar area with more people interacting with chefs. PLUS an open pastry area where you can watch the desserts being done. It's not quiet by any means. The dining room upstairs might be quieter but I don't know.

The patio wasn't loud that I recall. We were meeting someone for the first time there and easily had a conversation. You could always step into the restaurant before checking in and see how the noise level is.

I am so glad your second attempt at dinner was so much better than your first! I like the outside too, something not too common here in NE!

Thanks for your review Aimee

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter