• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wolfgang Puck Cafe and DDP

lou7401

Mouseketeer
I have a ADR for WP Cafe for next month. I know it's on the plan but I was wondering if there are any restrictions as to what you can order. Does anyone know?

we were there last week for dinner, the only restriction we were told about was sushi would count as your entree.

This was our first time dining there and it was LOUD, very LOUD and all the tables were very close together.

Thank you. I'm not too happy to hear that it was loud and the tables close together. On the other hand I sort of had to take what I could get since I booked this June trip only a week ago!

We like pucks. If its not too hot, try to sit outside. Not as many tables, not as loud.

The food is very good here. We try to eat here every trip.

Have fun and let us know how it was when you get back :cool1:

I am new to the dining plan. Bear with me!

So Wolfgang Puck's Cafe is on the plan for table service? The one on the West side of DTD? I have heard conflicting reports. Some websites say the meatloaf entree is not included -- I don't know why, since it costs the same as other entree's there. What about this entree? Grilled Angus Filet Mignon - Potato puree, sautéed spinach, green peppercorn sauce with buttermilk onion straw $34.95 Seems silly not to include meatloaf when this is included.
Were all entree's included when you went?

How about the Puck's Express? Is this the one you can use for counter service credits?

Thanks for the info!

Last time we went to Disney we ate at the Puck's counter-service place at DTD and we used our CS credits. It was very good!

I had thought the filet was not included on the DDP. Ate here in January and it was really good and have an ADR for September!

Okay, the WG Puck Express, Marketplace is on the DDP, there is mostly pizza, there are sandwiches, etc. Then there is the WG Puck Cafe on the west side which is a TS on the DDP. They have a full menu. Then there is WG Puck Cafe Express which is connected to the WG Puck Cafe, only it is a CS. It, too is on the DDP. The menu is very much the same but CS and I think some items on the Cafe menu are not available. THEN, there is an upscale sitdown which is upstairs which is NOT on DDP. I called and asked 100 questions about the WG Puck situation. The very nice CM explained it to me until I understood. It is also listed on the DDP brochure. Hope this helps. :)

We ate there last February - one of the best meals I've eaten at Disney. There were no restrictions when we ate there - a couple people in our party ordered the filet...and loved it.

As others have said, we found the restaurant to be VERY loud. I would try to eat outside next time. We were so full from appetizers and dinner that no one had room for dessert. We'll have to try harder next time. :rotfl:

I ate there during my May 5th-13th trip. The waiter said the only restriction was sushi could only be ordered as an entree (not an appetizer). Other than that there were no restrictions. I had heard before I left that the Wolf steak had been removed from the menu, but that was not true. FYI: I ordered mango tea, artichoke dip, Wolf steak, and cheesecake. It was one TS credit.

The only thing is, the total showed up as only $37.00 for the whole meal (FYI--the stealk was $30.00+ just by itself). I asked the waiter about it and he said that since they are not Disney owned, that $37.00 is all they are paid by Disney (and that includes the waiters tips). I told him that wasn't fair as the waiters then get stiffed on their tips, especially since most people didn't know that. He insisted it all worked out and not to worry about it. I left him extra of course, even though he insisted it wasn't necessary. I don't know how much of that $37.00 the wait staff gets, but anyone eating there may want to carry some extra bills to make sure the wait staff gets their correct tip.

As far as the CS WGP goes, it's the one that has restrictions. I ate there twice that week and was told both times, no meatloaf and no (I believe) ravioli.

As far as the CS WGP goes, it's the one that has restrictions. I ate there twice that week and was told both times, no meatloaf and no (I believe) ravioli.

Which CS, Cafe express or Marketplace? The Cafe express westside CS and the Marketplace CS have two different menu's. I don't recall them mentioning restrictions at the marketplace, but then again we wanted the pizza so we never asked.

We ate there last Sept. and it was very good on a recommandation by a Friend. That friend went back in April and said the food was awful and the service was terrible. Her and I are always on the same page so I called to change ressies to Spoodles since we always like that and the CM I spoke with said that was a good move as Wolfgang Pucks has gone done hill. Again it was good in Sept. but didn't want to take the chance.

Which CS, Cafe express or Marketplace? The Cafe express westside CS and the Marketplace CS have two different menu's. I don't recall them mentioning restrictions at the marketplace, but then again we wanted the pizza so we never asked.

Marketplace. I'm ashamed to say I've never tried the express Westside CS.

I'm really surprised the CMs didn't mention the restrictions to you. We ate at the Marketplace WGP Sept '06 and May '07. Both times as soon as I told the CM we were on the DDP, the first thing out of their mouths were 'you can have anything on the menu except the ravioli or the meatloaf. They're not included on the dining plan". At the TS on the Westside I told the waiter as soon as he came over that I was on the DDP and asked if there was any restrictions. He laughed and told me that other than the sushi could not be ordered as an appetizer (only an entree), that I could pick anything on the menu. No restrictions.

I ate there during my May 5th-13th trip. The waiter said the only restriction was sushi could only be ordered as an entree (not an appetizer). Other than that there were no restrictions. I had heard before I left that the Wolf steak had been removed from the menu, but that was not true. FYI: I ordered mango tea, artichoke dip, Wolf steak, and cheesecake. It was one TS credit.

The only thing is, the total showed up as only $37.00 for the whole meal (FYI--the stealk was $30.00+ just by itself). I asked the waiter about it and he said that since they are not Disney owned, that $37.00 is all they are paid by Disney (and that includes the waiters tips). I told him that wasn't fair as the waiters then get stiffed on their tips, especially since most people didn't know that. He insisted it all worked out and not to worry about it. I left him extra of course, even though he insisted it wasn't necessary. I don't know how much of that $37.00 the wait staff gets, but anyone eating there may want to carry some extra bills to make sure the wait staff gets their correct tip.

I just want to add that DGD's kids meal was billed as $24 instead of $4.99 or something close to that. I think thats what makes it all even out at the end of the night/week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter