WoC-Dessert Party or Carthay Circle Lunch?

Which WoC Package?

• Carthay Circle Dining Package (lunch)

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • WoC Dessert Party

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters
I ended up canceling our CC lunch WOC res and booking the dessert party thanks to this thread! Glad you posted it. When I actually sat down to cost-compare, it wasn't that much of a difference to be honest! 4 of us, but the oldest child is 10 so adult prices for her. I calculated that with tax, tip, and 2 (cough cough, probably another for me) alcoholic beverages at CC... we'd easily spend $250 there. Sure, it's not as much food, but the kids will actually like the cheese and dessert plate more than the CC food and will eat the same amount either place; DH is the only one who'd actually eat all that CC food at lunch time. An extra $66 for seats, less waiting, hopefully glow cup souvenirs, and the kids being able to see... and being able to take the 7yo to the bathroom and get back to our reserved table without fighting a crowd = worth it to us. Would I do this if my kids didn't like the dessert party food? Not likely. It's almost like they created those plates with my kids in mind and will be enough for dinner for them (and me). So it works for us. I TOTALLY blew it off when they first introduced it b/c of the price, but if you're willing to pay to do a WOC dining package elsewhere - it may be worth it to actually price out the difference.

With just two of us it's not so much the money as which will give us the most hassle-free experience. If DLR dining is anything lik that at WDW I really don't have high expectations of gourmet dining at either. The thing is my husband is not a fan of theme parks, any of them. He's the hiking, camping type and hates the crowds, the concrete, etc. He also suffers fairly badly from motion sickness. I, on the other hand, am an indoorsy type and love both Disney and WDW. On our last trip out west I hiked up mountains and through canyons, sometimes in waist high water, so this time it's his turn to take one for the team. All the same I want to make it as pleasant as I possibly can for him.

Another thought: I'm pretty short. Would the bar height tables be better for me at the Dessert Party?

With just two of us it's not so much the money as which will give us the most hassle-free experience. If DLR dining is anything lik that at WDW I really don't have high expectations of gourmet dining at either. The thing is my husband is not a fan of theme parks, any of them. He's the hiking, camping type and hates the crowds, the concrete, etc. He also suffers fairly badly from motion sickness. I, on the other hand, am an indoorsy type and love both Disney and WDW. On our last trip out west I hiked up mountains and through canyons, sometimes in waist high water, so this time it's his turn to take one for the team. All the same I want to make it as pleasant as I possibly can for him.

Another thought: I'm pretty short. Would the bar height tables be better for me at the Dessert Party?
Based on what I've read in a different thread, the bar height tables seem much better. I'm definitely requesting that for us, with the kids. It sounds like it's "first come, first serve" but they'll seat you where you want if it's still a free table. We will be doing this on Sunday, so I can post an update to this thread after we've done it, if your trip isn't also this weekend? btw, I had NO trouble making a res for the 4 of us less than a week out, so this event doesn't seem to be booking up. That should make your husband happy - no crowd there!

Based on what I've read in a different thread, the bar height tables seem much better. I'm definitely requesting that for us, with the kids. It sounds like it's "first come, first serve" but they'll seat you where you want if it's still a free table. We will be doing this on Sunday, so I can post an update to this thread after we've done it, if your trip isn't also this weekend? btw, I had NO trouble making a res for the 4 of us less than a week out, so this event doesn't seem to be booking up. That should make your husband happy - no crowd there!

We leave home on Saturday but have a wedding to attend in Las Vegas first. We won't arrive at DLR until late Wednesday morning so I'd LOVE to hear about your experience!

We leave home on Saturday but have a wedding to attend in Las Vegas first. We won't arrive at DLR until late Wednesday morning so I'd LOVE to hear about your experience!
Will do! We are not a petite family, but my 7yo is about 4'9", so that should give petite adults a good estimate of visibility. I'll make sure to ask him what he can see, or maybe have him take a photo from his perspective and post that. (and the rest of us will at least not be blocking anyone if we're at the bar height tables in back!)

Oh awesome. I wonder if cc dining gets to go to the lower center circle to? Do you happen to know? Either way it looks like a fantastic view! Thanks again

In the same post as the map, HydroGuy says that if you ask the CM, they will let you go to a different area. We didn't try this though and I wonder if those areas would be more crowded.

In the same post as the map, HydroGuy says that if you ask the CM, they will let you go to a different area. We didn't try this though and I wonder if those areas would be more crowded.
Gotcha thanks! Wherever they lead us I'm sure will be great. the photo you took looks like a pretty fine view.:yay:

As promised, I wanted to report back. We LOVED the dessert party. Perhaps my crew has more adventurous palates than many, but we enjoyed the food thoroughly. My 10yo ate her entire plate. We had no interest in waiting so long to be at the front of the line to get in (people were there almost an hour before they check you in) and were the second to last group seated. This meant we were on the far side of the seating area, but we had no trouble seeing anything. The 7yo saw just fine. There was only one table to our left, which must have been b/c it wasn't sold out. We thought the view as great. We were at a high top in the second row, with a high top in front, but again - didn't have any trouble seeing. The rows weren't that close, really. If you are particular about which table you want - just be forewarned that you'll potentially need to get in line far earlier than check-in time. There is no way we'd ever bother doing that, b/c we were perfectly happy with our view. It was about 20min from when they started checking in until we were at our table, but we didn't feel rushed to eat. Like I said, the 10yo ate everything, LOL! If you want those 20min, be prepared to stand in line an extra 45-60 prior. My phone is drained but I will post a photo my 7yo took before the show to give perspective. DH was skeptical about the cost but after said it was totally the right call.

I did the lunch at CC last year and was planning on doing it again until I learned about the dessert party. We had a nice meal but lots of standing and a not fabulous view at WoC (I'm short). I think the menu sounds interesting and like the idea of enjoying some food and bev while sitting.

IMG_0367.JPG

Consider this photo your "worst possible" viewing scenario for the dessert party. I had my 7yo take the shot before the show, and we clearly had what was the least desirable table since we showed up so late. He wasn't holding the phone up high or anything, just had it in front of his face. He's 4'9". I guess we might have been lucky that the table in front of us had only 2 people? Tons of 2-person parties, though, and we could have asked to move to the empty table to our left if we really wanted. He absolutely would have complained if he couldn't see parts; he made us switch spots with him 3 times to see the Beauty and the Beast show in Fantasyland for that reason. If we ever go to WOC w/o booking the dessert party, my kids are probably going to whine like nobody's business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter