WOC Alternative Viewing

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Cal-Pie, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Cal-Pie

Cal-Pie I admit that in the past I've been a nasty

When WOC eventually comes back (fingers crossed for March, but who knows at this point) I'd really like some ideas for where to see it from outside of the regular viewing area. It seems like I've read something about staying over by JJelly Fish and seeing it from the back side? Would being over there work or is that area closed off during the show? I know viewing outside the regular area won't be as good, but my family has requested avoiding the line up/push process in queue.

2. millie0312

millie0312 DIS Veteran

The bridge as you walk to LLL usually fills up slower and isn’t considered a viewing area I believe (if you go early and get a front spot on the bridge it’s a great view).

Cal-Pie likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Cal-Pie

Cal-Pie I admit that in the past I've been a nasty

Thanks for mentioning that, for some reason I was thinking at least part of the bridge was a FP area.

5. RE1333

RE1333 Earning My Ears

If you don’t care about seeing the projections, there are a lot of areas all around Pixar Pier lagoon that offer a good view of the fountains during the show. And it’s definately less crowded outside the actual viewing area. I’ve wandered around there and watched the show from various places, and there even places you can find to sit without much of a crowd. I don’t believe any of those areas are closed down during the show.

Cal-Pie likes this.
  6. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

You can see the show from lots of locations...but outside the viewing areas it is just pretty fountains. All of the visuals and effects of the show are designed to be viewed from the front

7. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

The best way I know to avoid the chaos of the WOC line up process and to still have a good view is to do the WOC Dessert Party (if it is offered on your dates). The other dining packages are next best -- usually not too chaotic, but still can have relative crowds on busy nights. Otherwise, the viewing area in front of LM can be fine from a non-shoving/non-chaotic standpoint, especially if you get the front row. But the pp is correct that the view will be of the fountains, not the details on the water or the details on the screens.