WLV washers/dryers

MickeyNMinnieFan

Earning My Ears
Is there a laundry room for guests in the Villas section of the WL for guests staying in studios, or do you have to cross over to the original WL to do laundry? Thanks! MnMFan

I took a tour of VWL when I was there in January. There are laundry rooms in the villas section. The one thing that you should check is whether they are free or not.

I took the DVC tour at BW in January and was told that they were free. I went over to VWL later in the week to see the units first hand and the CM told me that you had to pay. When I saw my guide again at BW, I asked and she checked. She said that as far as she could determine, they were free. Near the end of my stay, I went back to VWL and saw another CM who showed me the laundry room and all the machines had coin slots on them.

Thank you, bbrazeal!! I'll definitely look into the cost of the machines. However, to be totally honest, I'm just glad to know there are some! I couldn't find mention of these machines on any website, and I was beginning to worry. ;)

but the machines in the free laundry room at BWV also have coin slots on them. But the coin slots have been "filled in" so all you do is push them in and the machine starts, no money needed. So, they do in fact have coin slots, but are still free.

I looked closely at the ones at VWL. They were not filled in and the CM with DVC doing tours there clearly pointed out that they required coins.

What I wondered was if that would change as they sold more VWL memberships. Then the majority of people staying would be DVC owners and not reservations through CRO. Right now it may be the other way around.

the ones at OKW don't have anything in them - just push it in and it works. I was told the washers and dryers were free. I am going to try them in March and will tell you my results if no one else tells first.

We stayed at the VWL in early Feb. in a studio on points and used the heck out of the machines (11 month old and 3 year old) and they did not require money. As soon as you shut the door the washing machine started up....ditto for the dryers...the location I used had 4 dryers and 2 washers. I suppose one could insert money in the machine's slots but I am not sure if it would even take it. The self service laundry room is located just around the corner from the lobby on the first floor.

As to how the issue of cash paying guest vs. a DVC member is handled is not an answer that I am prepared to answer. One things for sure is, the machines don't know a member from a cpg.

Thanks for the first hand knowledge. Obviously on a tour I didn't actually try them but took the word of the CM showing me around. I stand corrected, and I'm glad to know that I was wrong.

Although it wasn't a big deal, it was a question that I couldn't resolve between the CM doing the DVC tours at VWL and my DVC guide over at BW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter