• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WLV - Cash Ressie but want lockoff 2bed

mjl1969

Mouseketeer
Hello hoping someone could answer question .. there are 6 of us .. 2 couples and 2 kids.

We would like to book WLV 2bed in May which has availability with a great discount. However, the website states that the 2nd bedroom (studio part) has 2 queen beds. The couple traveling with us would MUCH prefer one queen bed with couch layout .. can you book a lockoff 2 bed via the regular Disney reservation line? We are not DVC members ... perhaps Disney just doesnt get an inventory of lockoff rooms?

Any feedback would be appreciated .! Thank you

The 2 bedrooms with 2 queens are the dedicated 2 bedrooms. VWL does have lockoff 2 bedrooms which basically is a 1 bedroom attached to a studio.

Disney would want to book the dedicated 2 bedrooms first so that they have the flexibility with the lockoffs.

Give them a call. It is possible that it is too hard to list the different types on the website and go with the dedicated because it is the easiest (and allows for lock offs to be saved for studios and 1 bedrooms).

I have read that people were able to book things over the phone that they could not get to come up on the website.

Good luck!

I am on the phone right now about this same thing. I want a 2 BR ressie, but they are sold out for my May dates. So, I booked a 1 BR and have a studio on a separate ressie. I am afraid they will not be connecting once i check in...and we have small kids and grandparents with us that want to be together. The CM is saying that he has no inventory in 2 BR and they cannot book a "lockoff". THey can book 1 BR and studios and make requests for connecting rooms, but that is it. He said he never heard of booking a 'lockoff' at all and it must be a DVC thing.

We have also been talking to a guide with DVC because we would buy points for this trip if he could get us the lockoff or 2 br! He said there is no 2 BR. Why doesn't he see a lockoff as a choice if I am able to book each room independently? There are only 5 dedicated studios per floor...they can't be the only available studios!

I am on the phone right now about this same thing. I want a 2 BR ressie, but they are sold out for my May dates. So, I booked a 1 BR and have a studio on a separate ressie. I am afraid they will not be connecting once i check in...and we have small kids and grandparents with us that want to be together. The CM is saying that he has no inventory in 2 BR and they cannot book a "lockoff". THey can book 1 BR and studios and make requests for connecting rooms, but that is it. He said he never heard of booking a 'lockoff' at all and it must be a DVC thing.

We have also been talking to a guide with DVC because we would buy points for this trip if he could get us the lockoff or 2 br! He said there is no 2 BR. Why doesn't he see a lockoff as a choice if I am able to book each room independently? There are only 5 dedicated studios per floor...they can't be the only available studios!

You cannot purchase points from a DVC Guide for one trip only. You would need to purchase a full ownership in DVC.

Inventory for CRO is different than the inventory through Member Services for DVC Members, so trying to compare availability won't work I am afraid.

If you have booked a one bedroom and a studio it is more likely than not that they will not be connected to form a 2 bedroom. When the resorts have booked to the point that there is limited availability, then it will be left as a request, but no guarantee. You may want to check into a different resort. Good luck!

Sorry, I wasn't clear. We have been talking to a guide about joining DVC and will sign our contract tomorrow if it means we can use points for this trip if the accomodations work out. WE are not buying enough points to cover a separate 1 BR and studio. WE could cover a 2 BR, but not 2 separate rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter