• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL woods view--what room request?

ben10

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

Super excited we are staying at WL for first time in 2 wks. We have a woods view room. Could any provide some tips as to what room request we should make? It is me, DH, and 2 DS (ages 4 and 1.5 yr). Not sure if we want a high floor and balcony with the little guy--what does a first floor room look like?

Also, should I ask for an upgrade to Courtyard view if they have one? Is it worth the price? We will be touring parks in morning and evening but planning afternoon naps etc at WL.

TIA!!!

I like being in the north wing. Same side as food court. I wouldn't request a specific room #, because if it's unavailable, the room assignors won't know what you're looking for so I keep my requests general such as north wing, upper floor.
Ground floor rooms have patios.

I never ask for a free upgrade. If one is given to me, it's a bonus. If you ask for an upgrade, only do so if you are willing to pay for it.

Thanks everyone!

I meant if there is an upgrade available to Courtyard view, is the view worth the extra cost (I am expecting I would have to pay, but free upgrade would be nice :rotfl:--thanks for the idea!).

I'm with Sue M. We like being on the north end. We have stayed with woods view with room on 5th floor over Whispering Canyon. Kind of nice to walk out of room in the morning and over look the lobby area. But at night the Whispering Canyon can get pretty loud. My kids had a hard time trying to go to sleep when they were younger. But that wouldn't deter me from that area again. The north end offers views of the lake, some nice trees, watching the boats, the contemporary, and some views of the fireworks. Along with quiet. Except when the light show floats buy with the music pretty loud.

When I went I requested 6th floor facing magic kingdom (the unofficial guide has some suggestions for what rooms to request depending on what you want). It was great, we loved watching the fireworks every night, which we could see well and the 6th floor is the only floor with enclosed balconies as opposed to railings on other floors. a little safer maybe.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter