WL with bunk beds

Brook1099

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed and can you tell me if its worth the money. Our family is of course is undecided. Choosing between POFQ,dont really care for 2 double beds. WL sounds good because of location and DH and I would have a queen bed. and the 2 kids 8 and 7 would be in bunks. Also are any of the bunk bed rooms located on first floor.

TIA

When we were there three years ago, we had a bunk-bed room on the first floor that opened into the Courtyard. It was AWESOME, especially since my DH and son could just zip out to the pool through the slider in the evening for a quick dip, and didn't have to walk through the hallways.

At the time, my son was 11 and my daughter 13 and they slept in the bunks. I'd say my daughter was about at the max size to be comfortable. My DH and I loved having the queen to sleep in.

Back then, we didn't pay any extra for the bunks...but I'd definitely have paid the extra for that type of room.

I think you'd better call Disney before you make any plans. The last I heard, they were no longer taking reservations for the bunk bed rooms, it was non-guaranteed request only, like trying to get connecting rooms at a Value. Just don't want you to have a bad surprise when you check in.

Actually Bunk bed rooms are there own separtate category, and an increased charge. The charge is nominal though and likely worth it to guarantee toe room type you desire.

an added plus is that the bb rooms "seem" more spacious 'cuz the bunks don't take up as much space as the second queen bed.

if you're trying not to slurge too much, you can (if available) have a woods view bb room, which is cheaper than a courtyard view bb room. (Our woodsview bb room on the second floor had an obstructed view - thru the trees - of the MK fireworks ... a nice, unexpected treat!)

We had bunkbeds on our stay in December on the 6th Floor. We had a courtyard view and could see most of the fireworks each night from our balcony as well as the water show.

We too booked the bunkbeds as an added extra (Not too much at all) to guarantee we got them. Our 2 DD (Aged 8 and 5) loved their beds and the view.

We are staying in June with an extra cost ressie that specifies BB, Woods View (Courtyard was not available). Yes to "is it worth it".... if you fall into our situation. It is the only way to go now that our DS and DD are teens. No more bunking together. WL is marketing the extra cost because they know they can, the BB rooms are REALLY popular. We did ask for upper floor, north wing, Otter Pond if available. Do not care for the "service area overlook". Enjoy!

Artemus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter