WL Sleigh Ride

Princess Sammi

Mouseketeer
Hi. We're going to Disney World 12/20- 12/27 and wanted some info on the WL sleigh ride. What's the cost and how many people go at one time.

Thanks

Hey there!

The Holiday Sleigh Rides are $35 per carriage including the tax for a 30 minute ride. Max party size is either 4 adults, or 3 adults and 2 children.

This sounds like such a fun holiday activity. I can just imagine how magical it would be on a slightly chilly Florida night traveling through the backwoods of Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Let us know how it was when you get back! :thumbsup2

We were also thinking of doing the sleigh ride, if it still runs in Feb. How is it, and does anyone know what time it runs each evening? Thanks!

It runs 5pm-9:30pm but times may vary if it is a holiday. I do not think it runs in February. It leaves from WL.

Does it run during Thanksgiving week? We have an ADR on Nov. 24th and it would be fun to go for a sleigh ride afterwards. Does anyone have the number to call? THANKS :)

We didn't do it last year..but saw people on it..and it looked WONDERFUL!! I wish we had booked it :goodvibes

Is this a horse-drawn sleigh? If it is, I will defintiely book one for my horse-loving son but if not I am not sure he would enjoy it.

We did it twice as well, it is ver festive. The horse has bells and he clip clops along, the driver gives you a big woolen tartan blanket for your legs and we needed that night, it was a cold snap and we could see our breath.

clombardi said:
Where does the sleigh go?

It goes down the paved path thru the woods from the WL to the petting zoo and then turns around and heads back to the WL. We did it over Thanksgiving last year. It is fun & festive and something different. I would do it again.

Lives4Disney :sunny:

We did a special hire for the sleighride... he picked us up at WL and took us to HoopDeeDoo and then picked us up after HDD and took us back to WL. It was 140.00 + we tipped him for the round trip.

Disney magic!

and don't laugh, it was colder in Orlando than it was in Toronto - it was some kind of freaky cold snap in December 2004. We could see our breaths in the park - during the day but it felt great with all the decorations for Christmas :goodvibes

Just wondering if this is a real sleigh or is it a carriage like the ones that are used for the carriage rides in Ft. Wilderness and Port Orleans?

It looks like a sleigh.. but underneath are wheels, they are kind of hidden so it really does/look feel like a sleigh. I recal there was also christmas lights on it!

Cass said:
We did a special hire for the sleighride... he picked us up at WL and took us to HoopDeeDoo and then picked us up after HDD and took us back to WL. It was 140.00 + we tipped him for the round trip.

How did you arrange this? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter