WL or AKL???

M

mrsltg

Hi All-

My DH and I are planning a vacation to WDW in early November. We currently have ressies at WL - woods view. WL is what we both agreed on (I wanted GF, he wanted AKL, we found middle ground at WL). Here's the thing... DH is dying for a savannah view room at AKL. I am toying with the idea of switching ressies entirely, and not telling him until we pull up outside of AKL. Has anyone stayed at both? What are the +/- to each? (BTW... my hubby is NOT a resort hopper... he likes to unpack and stay that way till it's time to go home... so that's not an option)

Thanks for your help!!!

Erin
:earsgirl:

If you are going to give in, give in all the way... AKL savannah view is the way to go... You will also absolutely love this resort, and all the time making points for 'your turn' later on down the lane. What a way to "sacrifice".

You won't catch me bad mouthing the WL, always a favorite of mine, but the AKL deserves a nod in this case for sure!!! This would be a BIG surprise, and like I said, as much your treat as his.

I have stayed at WL several times and AKL once with ressies for 5/2-5/5... both savannah view... FABULOUS!!!

Do make a ressie for Narcoose's one night so he can feel out the GF... the MK fireworks can be seen from here and the dining is great!!!

WL:

* A quick boat ride to the MK
* Close to the monorail resorts
* Water activities on the lake (Water Mice, etc)
* 'Partial' view of the MK/fireworks (woods view, North wing)

AKL:

* A quick bus ride to the AK
* Exotic Critters out your window
* Exotic CMs :-) to talk to at every turn
* The Boma - the best restaurant at WDW IMHO...

Both resorts have very comfortable, quiet rooms with anything you need as well as being wonderfully themed and beautiful.

AKL is definately the way to go...we have stayed at both and we will stay at the AKL again...probably not the WL....it is beautiful, great pool/bar and restaurants...but the AKL is really a special place to stay...especially with a savannah view...you just can't imagine it until you do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter