WL or AKL?

jacksmomma

WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?
I am going on a short trip to WDW sans husband and toddler in June/July. My sister is dancing in the MK! :woohoo: We have to stay at the ASM for the first two days of the trip, but I was thinking of surprising them with a "room up grade" and moving to either the AKL or WL. I have never stayed at either resort, which would you recommend? Does it take a while to get places since AKL is at the far end of Disney property?

Thanks!

It really won't take any longer to get anywhere on property from AKL than WL except for the Magic Kingdom. Distances to everywhere else is pretty equal. Animal Kingdom is obviously closer to AKL.

Really depends on your tastes. WL is awesome. Stayed there in December and fell in love with it. We're actually doing a split stay between the 2 in July. I'd say since it seems like you'll be spending alot of time at Magic Kingdom, I'd go with WL.

I have stayed at both and think they are both great. I would recommend AKL if you have children, there is plenty to do and see. WL is great if your children are older teenagers. Which ever hotel you pick you will not be disappointed:dance3:

We have stayed at both and love them both. They are very similar resorts, designed by the same architect, except for the theme. If you are going to spend most of your time at the MK, then WL might be the best fit. There's not much difference between the 2 in getting to Epcot/Studios. The bathrooms at AKL felt a little more upscale to me than those at WL, but both were nice.

My advice would be to pick the theming between the two that most appeals to you and go with that one.

We did a split-stay between the two in 2007 and most likely will do the same when we return in 2009. As you can see by my avatar, WL is my favorite. My family, though, is divided on which each one likes best. The one constant: All of us were happy at and amazed by both resorts.

If you're going to spend more time at MK, definitely go for WL. If that's not the case, I'd go with AKL.

AKL ! You can't go wrong. It is such a different place. Your family will love it. It's the next best thing to going to Africa. Where else can you view animals from your hotel room? Not to mention all the viewing area's throughout. And the food there is so different than any other place on property. Delicious! The buses are very efficient. You'll love this resort. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter