WL Builder?

zzotto

Wilderness Lodge Fans
When we went on the tour of the WL, Stan told us who the log manufacturer was.

Does anyone know who the manufacturer was? Is there a web site with detailed information about the Lodge?

Thanks in advance.

If you don't get a response you might try to call the lodge. Please post any findings, I would love to see the site.

Tour Guide Stan is still there?!?!? Last time at the WL (few years back) he said he was retiring to spend time with his wife!!! He mentioned a possibility of working on a very part time basis. Is this what he is doing, or did he decide to stay?

Not to hijack the thread... wish I could answer your question. I agree with the above... call the WL.

WL would not be the same without Ranger Stan!

Called WL - they were not that helpful, but they did know the name of the architect, Urban Design Group - Peter Dominic, Jr.. They are in Boulder Colorado.

Funny though, my Log Home Living magazine came saturday, and there is a company, Alpine Log Homes, Inc. whose ad states they handled "buildings and structural componets at the Wilderness Lodge at Disney World, Orlando FL."

Anybody else have additional information?

Andrew015

Stan told us the same thing on our Trip in June of 2001-that he was going to retire by the end of the year.

When we went back to the Lodge December 2002 Stan was still there and giving his tours. We asked him why he hadn't retired. He told us that "my wife wouldn't let me. She did not want me around the house all day every day." LOL.

I wonder if Stan has been seen around the Lodge recently.

Renee

Well, this has deteriorated into the Stan thread!!!

Yes - Stan was still there is late August. He is still giving tours. And he was really up on his political soap box - and I am with him all the way!

Getting back to the original thread, I searched the net and I found out that the Urban Design Group also designed the AK Lodge. I have never seen the AKL but we have decided to go check it out on our Feb trip.

Will Stan give that tour too?

Just kidding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter