WL boats

dmen

Mouseketeer
ok, we are going to wdw in early dec. we'll be staying at the gf. of all the other resorts, the only other one i really want to see for xmas decorations is the wl. however, it doesn't look like i'll be able to fit in a dinner over there. so instead, one late afternoon at 6pm, we plan to go over to the wl to see the decorations. we will have a ps back at the gf at citrico's for 7:45. the mk should close at 7pm that night. here is my question (took me a long time to get to it, no?)

what is our best bet for getting to the wl? we'll have a car, but i thought it would be fun to take the monorail over to the contemporary and then they used to have a boat that went from the contemporary to the wl. do they still have that? do they still have the boat that goes from the mk to the wl? could we take that back to the mk and then get the monorail back to the gf? i know a lot of this was stopped for awhile but i am hoping it is all back in working order.

thank you!

Yes, they still have the boats from both Contemporary and MK. However, keep in mind that the boats also go to FW so allow enough time to go there and back as well. If you plan on leaving MK at 7pm and have a PS at GF at 7:45pm, you may not have time to visit WL. From MK to WL via FW by boat is about 15 - 20 minutes. I envy you being able to WL at Christmas, oh well maybe next year.

thank you! it is my first christmas trip and it has been booked for two years. needless to say, i am very excited! we actually plan on going over at 6pm so i think we will have plenty of time. just glad to know the boats are still available.

There is a boat from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness. That boat runs until 45 minutes after the MK closes.

The boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness should run until 10:00pm each night. In addition, there is a bus from the Wilderness Lodge to the Transportation & Ticket Center. If your PS time is 7:45 at the GF, I'd recommend leaving the WL at 7:00pm.

dmen,
At WL in June and the boat went straight to the CR and took less than 15 mins, then its only a short monorail trip to GF. Have a fabulous time.

Tyler,
Good to see you posting on Disboards. You are a fountain of knowledge and will do Disboards proud.

Claire :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter