Wk of Jan 22--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

gatorphipps said:
Krista - I will be pulling for your Steelers too! Because of the whip down the Sea Hawks put on my Panthers last night! You guys KILL EM!
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Christa

Christa--You can believe the Steelers will bring it!! I was rooting for the Panthers, tough break with Foster and Goings!!!

Lisa--You talk about people selling their Tiffany necklaces on ebay, I have one even worse. Last night I saw the Goofy medal with the Donald half and the Mickey full. I could not believe it. :sad2: What are people thinking??!! :confused3

Honeibee said:
Minnie - Logic is a registered Thoroughbred so she has some real famous relatives. The mare I have on loan, Emily, is an Appendix. I think she is going to go home soon though. I am trying to foster a rescue Quarter Horse mare. I met her Sunday and she's a little small (I'm used to Logic at 17 hands) but seems like a real sweetie.

My first horse was a registered Thoroughbred and my second was an Appendix. My last Quarter colt was 16.3 hands so I know what you mean by size. The two I currently own are registered Quarters and are wonderful sweet trail/pleasure horses. Just perfect for my DS to gain confidence riding on. I can't wait for spring to come to Iowa :banana:

aladdinsgirl said:
Christa--You can believe the Steelers will bring it!! I was rooting for the Panthers, tough break with Foster and Goings!!!

Lisa--You talk about people selling their Tiffany necklaces on ebay, I have one even worse. Last night I saw the Goofy medal with the Donald half and the Mickey full. I could not believe it. :sad2: What are people thinking??!! :confused3

Krista princess:
Thanks girl! I knew you could count on the Steelers for a Sea Hawk butt kick!

People do sell their medals! I don't understand it though. What is worse, I don't understand why someone would buy a medal they have not earned. I hope Celeste is right about them just trying to replace a lost one.
C

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and encouragement! I am feeling a little better today after working most of the weekend. I was going to ride my bike yesterday morning, but lightning and pouring rain gave me an excuse to sleep in. ;)

Erin- We will be at the World from March 4-12th. We will definitely see you then. Our schedule for each day is about the same: MK, MK, MK, MK, MK, MK, MK, then we might go to . . . MK. With 4 little girls, they really don't care to go anywhere else, but we always try to squeeze in at least one morning at each of the other 3 parks.

Great idea for an accountability thread Sunny! I will have to stop by there later. My first confession: I ate 5 and 1/2 donuts yesterday (like full size Krispy Creme donuts). My stomach turns just thinking about it. I guess the bright side is that I won't do that again!

By the way, where's Renee? How is the no smoking going? We are cheering for you! :cheer2:

Well, you all have kept me very motivated, I have gone two weeks and I have run every other day on the treadmill. That is more than I have done in a long time. It is a start and I really want to keep with it.

I still have to check my schedule, but I really want to sign up for the full marathon for next January.....I have to convince my boyfriend to do it still, he has not been as motivated to start training, but I will keep trying, because I really want him to do it with me.

Keep up the great work, you are all amazing!!

Ran 8 miles on the tm today. It wasn't too bad, but I couldn't get anyone to really talk to me!!!! I started up a few conversations, but nothing lasting. I really wouldn't mind the tm if i had someone to talk to!!! They always have to tv on espn (blech) At least i could think about krista when they showed video of hines ward. I even tried to start up a super bowl conversation, based on what i know from the boards (didn't work) near the end of my run, a little old man (who was likely in hip rehab) got on the tm closest to the fan. He moved the fan so it wouldn't be on him, and it wasn't hitting me anymore. I convinced him to switch tm's so that i could put the fan on me. he did it, (of course i really thought i had a target for conversation with him) but i don't think he ever forgave me!! :teeth:

Heather - glad you are back. I told you about my Krispy Kream conversation didn't i? I joked with the girl at the counter about the calories and fat in a donut. She said, "yeah, to burn one of these off, you would have to run like a whole mile" Anyway, i think you have that covered! You probably have a few donuts still left in the mileage bank!!!!!

icunurse_celeste said:
Why would you want a medal that belongs to someone else? I am also suprised that multiple people are bidding on it? Lets hope someone lost theirs and now they are trying to replace it.

I do remember last year many people selling their Donalds and Mickeys online. Maybe due to the second one you get if you order one of the placques.

:confused3

I more wondering why on earth someone would bust their buns to earn it and then sell it.

party: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :chat: :chat: :chat: What a chatty group these couple of days! :teeth:
Happy Birthday! Sara, so when does the Garmin get delivered?

Interesting discussions about new races to try.

Pat, the Chicago Distance Classic is the halfway training point for those doing the Chicago full (that I won’t say a word about your registering to your family) and many doing that full will be in the half. You will be right on track there.

Erin, great to hear from you and that you haven’t lost the “magic” yet.

Proper shoes! Yes, the mantra for sure.

Krista, your comment about Columbus in the fall is intriguing. The group I play with on the weekend (Northeast Ohio Fit) trains for the fall events and some have participated in that one. What a way to be awakened. Amazing you kept up with good spirits.

Sunny, that accountability thread…scares me! Why? Um, I’d hafta be ummm accountable! Eek! Afraid, very afraid. Yay! About Dx getting shoes!

Tammy, go Goofy! Walk real slow with DH for the half and enjoy the full. You can do it!

Ooohh and I do like the idea of the race for Tiffinay…yup, it’s all about the jewelry! I don’t ever see me going to that one, but I truly have envy for those that will.

Maggie, you doing Chicago Distance Classic with us?

Hockeygirl, if you cannot convince your DBF to do it with you, train and do it anyway. You will have lots of training partners here and I did the full w/o anyone from home, just WISH team. You can do it!

I’ve been feeling sick the weekend. Took off today and again tomorrow. Congestion settling in my chest. Will be back at work with “presenteeism” on Wednesday b/c I would need a doc slip if I take off the third day or more. Needless to say, I’ve not got back to anything just yet. I’ve also got an apt with podiatrist a week from tomorrow. Time to take care of the toe that has been turning a nice shade of purple. I think the nail will be a goner. It doesn’t hurt, but I do think it needs tending. Blisters on my blisters seem to be fading. That will be bad to start up and get toughened up again. I can’t wait!

Looks like my race year will be slim. I need to catch up with home commitments, sigh.

Tiger Lilly, I definetely want to try to do it on my own, and reading about all the great experiences on this board makes me want to do it even more. So, as long as my schedule works out, I will most likely do the full even if my DBF won't do it with me. I hope he decides that he wants to do it with me though, I will keep you updated!!

Sara - Happy Garmin Day and Happy Birthday!!! :banana:

Sunny... Christa... Colleen... Sara....Lynn...(I'm calling you...) Who's up for 50 miles of the Ouachita Trail on April 22??? If we don't make the time cutoffs, we just get rerouted for the 50k (13 hour time limit on both races) Anyone? Anyone?

I went to the gym tonight and it feels so good to be back on track. I actually missed working out last week. All the treadmills were full for the hour and a half I was there but I did workout for an hour and a half so I got something in tonight at least. I think I might leave work a little bit early tomorrow and try to get my run in.

MelRhoads said:
Sara - Happy Garmin Day and Happy Birthday!!! :banana:

Sunny... Christa... Colleen... Sara....Lynn...(I'm calling you...) Who's up for 50 miles of the Ouachita Trail on April 22??? If we don't make the time cutoffs, we just get rerouted for the 50k (13 hour time limit on both races) Anyone? Anyone?
Where is this again? I would LOVE to..DH has this hang up on us not having any $$ to do this sort of thing.
Oh..just checked the calender..We will be returning from Amman, Jordan that weekend....yes the Middle East...Don't believe everything you hear on TV, it is quite safe there. This is why I don't have any $$.
christa

gatorphipps said:
Where is this again? I would LOVE to..DH has this hang up on us not having any $$ to do this sort of thing.
Oh..just checked the calender..We will be returning from Amman, Jordan that weekend....yes the Middle East...Don't believe everything you hear on TV, it is quite safe there. This is why I don't have any $$.
christa

Jordan? Wow, I thought I had been to some cool places....mine me asking what you are going to do there? Where do you go and what do you see? I am an avid travel buff- but I don't think I know anyone who has gone to Jordan. Do tell....

Tiger Lily 03 said:
Ooohh and I do like the idea of the race for Tiffinay…yup, it’s all about the jewelry!

Lily - you are so right! When I mentioned this race at work, my co-workers thought I was crazy! They offered to chip in and buy me a Tiffany. I tried to tell them - it's all about EARNING the bling! They just shook their heads.
Hope you're feeling better. I've had the cold/chest congestion since coming home from Florida. It's a lot better, but still not totally gone.

Lisa - I can't understand why people would sell their medals either. I worked too darn hard to get them. No way I sell them. And why anyone would want one, who didn't earn it is beyond me. I won't even wear a T-shirt from a race unless I either participated or volunteered.

Terri

Tiger Lily 03 said:
Tammy, go Goofy! Walk real slow with DH for the half and enjoy the full. You can do it!

It is funny, the thought did cross my mind but man it just scares me to even think about it. You looked great coming through Epcot on Sunday it just amazed me that you had completed the 1/2 the day before. Did you pay the price on Monday? Was it tougher than you imagined?

Greetings Everyone: I posted a new thread asking for some running support, and Tiger Lily 03 invited me to join this thread. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Let me introduce myself. I'm 38, and used to be a regular runner. I fell off when my first daughter was born (DD8 princess: ), and have had a hard time getting back to exercising ever since. We now have 2 daughters with the second turning five tomorrow (DD5 princess: )! Anyhow, daughter born, got my first real job, second daughter born, yada, yada, yada... I have started and stopped running so many times in the past 8 years.

I'm looking for some support as I try yet again to get back to running. I've always had a dream of running a marathon. I thought it would be great to try to run a half marathon first as I try to get to the marathon, but I need some support. I tried to start up again last summer and terrible shin splints (a first for me) and could barely walk. Anyhow, I want to start off really slowly and build up gradually. I'm proud of myself that I left work early yesterday and went for a brisk 1/2 hour walk. I'm going to try to walk every day this week, and maybe next week add in a little running.

Thanks for listening.

Dave

Welcome Dave, you have come to the right place. Like you, I was looking for a little motivation to get me back into exercising. I started reading this board about a month ago, and started working out about two weeks ago, and I haven't missed a workout yet. Like you, I have always had a dream of running a marathon, and I am almost positive I am going to the WDW marathon next january.

You can do it!! Keep reading this board, everyone is really great here.

Glad you are here Dave! This is a wonderful group - lots of support and encouragement! :thumbsup2

My calves are still a little sore, so took yesterday as a rest day. I will try for a short run tonight after work. DS has a sinus/ear infection thing going on, so it was probably best not to put him in the jogger. I'm hoping what I have is just allergies - not the same thing he has! :sick:

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day! You all are doing great!!! :cheer2:

--Lynnda pooh:

Welcome Dave,

I came here for the same reason. I was looking for support to stay consistent and motivated. Between my 3 kids (15, 3, 1) and work its easy to say I am too busy to exercise. This board has helped me stay on track for the couple of weeks that I have been here.

I have committed to the Disney half. As a novice runner having a goal makes all the difference for me.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter