WISHWalkers- Please post your Corral Assignment here

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
I'm just wondering where everyone will be once we get to the fateful morning of January 9, 2005! When you put your application in for the Half Marathon, they asked you to estimate your time to finish the half marathon. I told them I'd need all 3 hours and 30 minutes alloted to me! So I guess that will put me at the very back and really CLOSE to the sweeper ! If I was SMART- I would've LIED and told them to put me in the 14 minute mile corral!!

What times did everyone else put?

:scared1:

Sure, *now* someone mentions the trick of saying I could do a 14 min mile so I could be closer. I wasn't thinking about being closer to the sweepers! I was just trying to stay out of the way. Can you guess what time I put, Karen?

See you in the last corral, Cowboy! ;) :p

LOL!
Ya know what's so funny about this Terry? I only got that idea because I asked this question on our training thread and I think Maryliz said that she told them she could finish with a 14 minute mile. Now- I don't know that she could do a 14 minute mile when she put that down (although I do believe she can now!) - and I though to myself..... "YOU SHOULD"VE LIED- then you wouldn't have to be in the back so close to that darn sweeper!"!!!" :eek: I have, in the past few hours, wondered if I could call them and tell them I need a new corral because my time has improved so drasticallY!!!! :tongue:

We may be in the LAST corral my friend........ BUT we will be in the FRONT of the last corral! I'm catching that first bus over so I can be as far away from that sweeper as possible!!! Should I save a place for you?

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Yes, PLEASE!!

We can count on my sister being with us too.

I filled out her paperwork.

;)

Screeching by and sliding in front of you! I put down that I could finish in 3 hours and 25 minutes!
I am just such a smarty!
:crazy:

but YIKES - I put down 3 hours - talk about WISHful thinking!
Anyway when I get a # - I'll let you know :-)

When I walked the Georgia Peachtree (50, 000 of my closest friends and I) they had corral "cops" and you had to go by them to get into the correct corral BUT if you are in the last one just think of the number of people you will be passing as you make your way to the FINISH line ! I like to pick a person I am going to pass and then I count that as a mini-goal - it's a nice psyching tool for me and I get to give myself some "kudos" on reaching some mini-goals as I stroll ::yes::

Now that's a good idea grammy! We'll pick 'em off one by one!

Myself and my 2 friends that are walking with me will be joining you in the last corral too. I just looked up the paperwork I printed when I signed us up and I put down that it would take us the full 3:30 to finish.

Grammy I do the same thing when I crosscountry ski in the Birkebeiner. I pick someone ahead of me that I'm going to pass, it helps keep me going knowing that there are other people finishing after me and I won't be last ;)

WE WILL NOT BE SWEPT!!!

Cheryl

Hooray!! I will not be alone in the last corral!

I will be in the last corral with you! Does anyone know if they start sweeping in the first mile or do they give you a grace period? princess:

Is the last corral #3? That is what I think I am assigned--I don't remember saying how long it would take, but I guess I put 3 1/2 hours.

The way I read the directions, the clock starts running from the time the last participant crossed the starting line. Then they will check at certain intervals if you are past that point, you stay in; if not you get "swept up". The example in the book is everyone must be past the 10K point in 1 hour 39 minutes, from when the last person started.

My dd thinks I will physically be swept up-- I plan on telling her it isn't that dramatic.

3hours 30 minutes for me ... so we all know that we'll be together. I am not worrying one bit about that sweeper truck, since we keep hearing such conflicting info about when/if they'll sweep you. I just remember reading the article from the gal last year who did it, forgot about the extra 8 minutes on her chip time and she was so sure she wouldn't get a medal. She mentioned passing lots of people almost "strolling" between MK and the GF. I'm thinking that these people must have known they wouldn't get swept 'cause if you weren't sure, you'd be boogyin' by that point to make your time, right? And really, what would the point of sweeping at that point be anyway, you're not blocking any traffic and you're not interfering with park openings, etc.

Maybe we'll be lucky and the "sweeper truck driver" is a lurker here and is now very afraid of us :teeth:

I'm thinking that our race packets to Canada will take longer to get here than in the US, so I'm not holding my breath looking for it yet. And besides, I know where I'll be ... with all of my friends!

Mary-Liz

I love the voice of REASON!!!! Thanks MaryLiz!

NCRedding- I'm gonna go abck and read and see if I get the same feel for what you read. If I do- then being in the front of the last corral will be a real advantage I think........ I hope!

I'm sure I'll be in the last corral, too! If we all link arms, there's no way for them to get us on the sweeper bus! :p :crazy:

AND......

If we all link arms- the faster ones can pull the slower ones!!! :hyper:

I'll be in that last corral also. Finally got my race packet today. It was so cool! My father is saying I won't be able to finish but he will see how wrong he is. I like the idea of linking arms to avoid the sweeper, but I think if it is a WDW CM,he/she will probably give us walkers a little slack anyway. And if we are not holding up anything what difference will an extra few minutes mean anyway. Have not been on the computer because first my computer was acting up then my internet connection has been intermittent. I am down to an 18 minute mile, hoping to shave off the last two in the next 8 weeks. See everyone there.

LaWalz -
My father is saying I won't be able to finish but he will see how wrong he is.

your dad has the audacity to say you won't finish - guess what -you will have a photo to show him you did!!!! When you cross that finish line put on the best of the best smiles you got -just for when you show him that picture and medal too, of course!!

Bet him something - like a nice massage for yourself

I've known for a long time kids like to show their parents they are wrong - oh this is a gooooooooooooooood one !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement AlreadyexcitedGrammy, I hadn't thought of betting him, besides he probably would not agree to it because he knows once I set my mind to do something I will follow through. Just doing it and having him realize he was wrong will be satisfaction enough. Actually it is just the extra motivation that I need. Unfortunately, I had to take a few days off as I missed a step coming down the stairs on Sat and fell on my knees and the left one is still a little swollen but I am going to try to do a short walk (30 min) tomorrow to see how it holds up.:bounce: :sunny: :tongue: :hyper: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!