wishes last night 5/11

jessrose18

ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!
So.... 5/11 was going to be our wishes night (and last night of our trip) and obviously now that is the last night wishes will be shown at wdw. anybody ever done a "last night" maybe of the main street electrical parade recently? Is is just crazy busy? Should be try to go a different night that week? I assumed the whole week will be busy for wishes? thanks for any advice! We will have a two year old with us.

The last night is definitely going to be busy especially if it isn't blacked out to the lower level APs. With that said as you already surmised the whole week is going to be busy.

I'm in the same boat as OP. My plan is to send my to-be 18 month old and my husband back to the resort to go to bed while I stay behind alone. We have a long drive the next day and I don't want my toddler up hours past his bedtime. My husband doesn't care about Wishes. I might try to watch from closer to the back of the park. I know I won't have the best view, but that's ok. Then hopefully I can duck out pretty fast afterward.

We live about an hour and half away and I know of 3 families going up on the 11th just to see Wishes, so my bet it is going to be really crowded.

When MSEP was announced to be ending at MK, I planned a short trip to go specifically for the last parade.
I was there the last night. The parade performed twice that night. It was busy but I didn't care I wanted to be there for the last performance.
It was very special and will be a fond memory forever that I was there the last night of MSEP.

I'm not planning to go for the last showing of Wishes only because I will be there Mar 7-14 for my birthday, and I'm going in June to see Pandora in AK.

The way I have it planned right now my last viewing of Wishes will be on my birthday the 11th...Unless I park hop on the 12th or 13 and see it again.

The last night is definitely going to be busy especially if it isn't blacked out to the lower level APs. With that said as you already surmised the whole week is going to be busy.
the whole moth of May is opend to silver ( lowest AP pass ) so it will be packet at lest it is on the Thursday so you may not get too many locals there that have to go to school or work the next morning.

Last edited:
It's always pretty busy when something big like this ends.

MSEP last night was busy - lots of people staking out spots very early. I think I had my spot in Frontierland 4 hours before the first parade, though Main Street had people long before then.
When Disneyland Forever ended, people claimed spots at park open.
When Celebrate the Magic ended, people claimed spots early.
When Dream Along with Mickey Ended, people were in front of the castle all day, even with the heavy rains.

APs aren't blocked, and Cast/guest passes aren't blocked.

I expect it to be a crowded day overall, but also know that prime viewing spots will be taken early

thanks for the opinions! might just try to catch it earlier in the week :) and of course rearrange all my days, fast passes get booked in two weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter