Wishes Fireworks show makes me cry! Calling all Disney 'Brains'!

DznyLvr2005

DIS Veteran
I must be insane, or have something in my brain that absolutely makes me love Disney World so much that I literally want to go every day of my life! I'm 28 getting married in 6 weeks and going to DW on my honeymoon. The future husband doesn't 'get it'. He loves DW, but doesn't have that 'thing'. I can't explain it, my sister has it too.. And Spectro Magic and Wishes make me cry... literally!....Anyone else with a 'disney brain' out there! ::MinnieMo

let me put it this way...before going to sleep last night I listened to the Wishes soundtrack last night........twice...doesnt make me cry, but I love it too

And the thing is... I've actually never SEEN wishes live!! I've only seen the video on this website like 20 times!!

I cry during Wishes also! I tear up when I watch it on the web site also! I think that I remember how I felt as a kid in wdw with my family. We are also going to be at W.L. from10/6-10/10 for my husbands 30th birthday. I am surprising him with the trip the night before we leave. We love the lodge, this is our second time there. My DH likes wdw but he does not have the "thing" that we have! Good luck with all of your wedding plans! :wave:

:rotfl: ok that is a bit odd :rotfl: its great tho, I think it was my favorite thing from june. had my nephew with me, 2 yr old and it just captivated him. I was worried the loud booms would scare him but he was thrilled

Jennygt said:
I cry during Wishes also! I tear up when I watch it on the web site also! I think that I remember how I felt as a kid in wdw with my family. We are also going to be at W.L. from10/6-10/10 for my husbands 30th birthday. I am surprising him with the trip the night before we leave. We love the lodge, this is our second time there. My DH likes wdw but he does not have the "thing" that we have! Good luck with all of your wedding plans! :wave:

That's what I think it is too.. I've been going to DW since I was 4 and I think everything brings back memories, movies and all my stress and everything just disappear. I can't wait to go!!!! I have like 50 days until I'm there!!! Woohoo!!!!

54 days for me for fall disney trip 1 and 84 til fall disney trip number 2....not that I am counting

Another reason for the tears is that you are probably very emotional leading up to the wedding, I know I was! Wait until you see wishes in person it is really awesome! Bring a tissue! lol I also have to admit I well up on small world! I am such a geek! :wave:

finding the soundtrack was a major pain, every store I went into the people knew that one existed but they didnt have it in stock. can't recall what shop I eventually found it in but I love having it. turn it on and close your eyes and for a few minutes stress is gone and you are back at disney

Ohhhh Wishes!!! I cry too, like a baby, i just loved it! It takes ma back in time, when i used to watch Walt Disney Movies and Think over the Disneyland castle with pixie dust. Its just magical, we all have dreams and wishes are those dreams and magic combined.

I got the soundtrack makes me want to go back there everynight.

I am 30 have been married for 8 yrs and have 5yr old son and I cry. I cried even when I did not have a child I believe that is all I can say. We leave for our trip on the 27th. My son said to me just the other day Mommy can I fly with pixie dust like Peter Pan? How cute is that. I believe and I want him to as well. I know that sounds like being a mush or a geek but whatever it takes for him to see good in the world.

DznyLvr2005 said:
I must be insane, or have something in my brain that absolutely makes me love Disney World so much that I literally want to go every day of my life! I'm 28 getting married in 6 weeks and going to DW on my honeymoon. The future husband doesn't 'get it'. He loves DW, but doesn't have that 'thing'. I can't explain it, my sister has it too.. And Spectro Magic and Wishes make me cry... literally!....Anyone else with a 'disney brain' out there! ::MinnieMo

alright.........I( am a diehard cryer for tv commercials & the lion king theme, etc, but you must explain "wishes' to me,,,,,,, why all the crying? its just fireworks,,,,,,,,,,right>>>>>>>>?? is there something special about it? I cry at the drop of a hat, but don't remember crying during fireworks,,,,,just smiling a lot)

I think that it is the music not the fireworks themselves, I don't cry at other fireworks or at Epcot just MK. Who knows? :confused3

That's so sweet. I loved Wishes and welled up and for Spectromagic too but Illuminations...forget it. That show makes me cry so much my DH thinks it's cute. :love: I think it is funny. The last time we were there I just about sobbed the last night and we had already seen Illuminations twice that trip!(The trip was to celebrate my son being accepted into a school where he would board during the week so that may have had a little to do with the sobbing :rotfl: :blush: ) I listen to my Illuminations disk probably once a day. You are not alone. I think the Disney imagineers put so much care, time, thought and love into these shows it would be impossible not to be moved. :wizard:

I cry too. Get very emotional at Disney. When i met Jessie from TS2, I got choked up. I am very in touch with my inner child I guess.

Count me in as another one who cries during Wishes! And Illuminations! And any other highly emotional moment! Heck, I cried the first time I went on Mission Space!! I've always wanted to go into space and the ride felt just like I'd always imagined it would feel to blast off. My DH thought there was something wrong when I couldn't speak at first, but it was the most wonderful, fantastic thing for me--as close to a dream come true as I can get!

muffyn said:
alright.........I( am a diehard cryer for tv commercials & the lion king theme, etc, but you must explain "wishes' to me,,,,,,, why all the crying? its just fireworks,,,,,,,,,,right>>>>>>>>?? is there something special about it? I cry at the drop of a hat, but don't remember crying during fireworks,,,,,just smiling a lot)

Ok well this is what it is... It's the fact that so loudly, the music is playing.. and it's playing when you wish upon a star half the time, which to me, just says Disney! Reminds me of EVERYTHING disney and the fact that I'm right there in front of the castle in DW watching this thing.. it's just insane for me. Brings back a million memories right there.....

I haven't seen Wishes yet, but I get all teared up whenever I hear When You Wish Upon a Star, or the Beauty & the Beast theme, oh and lots of other Disney music. I think it's the memories connected with those songs, and just the sweetness and innocence they evoke. I even got all teared up watching the Electric Light Parade in CA last year - I remembered it so well from my childhood in DL with grandparents who are gone now.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who does it! No need to be embarrassed since it seems to be pretty normal lol.

mello said:
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who does it! No need to be embarrassed since it seems to be pretty normal lol.

wow.. I need to be near you guys ..............

I usually "seem" to be the only one tearing up when certain things hit me .. I usually toss on my sunglasses, so I don't look like an idiot......
(well I feel like one.......)

>>hey how come there isn't a smiley that is crying.......??

(dang I couldn't sit through lunch ,without crying the whole time, at a certain disney restaurant last year,,,,,,, because it was one of the places we took my mother in law on their 1st (& only) visit to disney,, & she is now passed away............. oh crud.. here I go again.. *sniffle* , :guilty: , & don't even look at me when I am near 'their' brick.)

When I go this Oct. I will be looking around for all my fellow disney "cry babies" lol :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter