• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Fireworks Dessert Package

God Of Thunder

Mouseketeer
Hi All

I will be at WDW during the holiday time period and I am thinking of doing this package, mostly so we don't need to cram onto main street with tons of others to see the fireworks. Has anyone here done this before (I know, yes...lol). What were your thoughts on the experience? I am concerned that with the overhang we will miss some of the show and / or my other family members who are in the 5 foot - 5 foot 3 range, won't see over the many heads in their way from people standing in from of them. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Over priced for what you get food wise IMO - I heard if you FP wishes the view is just as good

Over priced for what you get food wise IMO - I heard if you FP wishes the view is just as good

Thanks ErinsMommy for the response. I could FP it, but I think I will be there on NYE, and would rather use my FP+ choices for rides, which are bound to have crazy wait times.

Anyone else- I am looking for someone who has done the experience to tell me what the sight lines are like. As EM just said, it is a lot of money, and I would hate to spend that for some of my family member not to be able to see.

I am a big believer in paying for experiences that get me out of crowds, so I would be looking for something special like this for NYE. We did this party during Christmas week a few years ago, and it was nice. It is more expensive now, but it isn't prohibitively expensive for me yet. You are looking at the castle from an angle, so it isn't a straight-on view, but even DD who was 8 at the time could see very well (she usually complains about watching Wishes because she can never see over the adults around her).

Thanks Mommy :)

My son and wife are both only around 5 feet, so I was / am a little concerned that they would not see the fireworks with the overhang. Were you near the front railing or a bit more inside for the the fireworks?

Seeing the fireworks was not a problem for anyone in our vertically challenged group. Seeing parts of the castle show was a whole other story though. The new turrets blocked some of it as did construction walls. But it'll definitely be less packed there than on Main Street.

Question...... this is what is in the description
  • On select nights when special events are scheduled, the fireworks display may be different from the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular. During Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 and November 1) the fireworks display will be Happy HalloWishes. During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 29 and December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18), the fireworks display will be Holiday Wishes – Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.
We will be doing the MVMCP on Dec 18th and planned to see Wishes then....According to the above(if I'm reading it correctly) it states that the Holiday one does not continue after that date ( surprised because Christmas isnt until the next week). Do we know if this is accurate? If so, I might consider doing this later in our stay. Thank you

We've done it twice. Yes, it's expensive. But both time we have been so grateful to have a place to sit and enjoy the show. That said, we've done it twice and have had our fill for a bit. Really no desire to do it again unless we end up going with first-timers. In fact, the second time we went it was just me and three of my girls... DH took the two little ones back to the resort. So I say if you haven't done it before and it's in your budget, for sure try it!

Thanks for the responses. I am still on the fence, but will probably book it for NYE if I can. I keep checking every day, but no luck. It has to be soon that they offer this, right?

I've done it several times and I think it's worth it. It's not all about the desserts but rather the experience and avoiding the craziness. The overhang isn't an issue at all. People stand for the actual shows so where your seats are becomes irrelevant. The last time it started raining right before the show so it was nice to be under cover.

Thanks for the responses. I am still on the fence, but will probably book it for NYE if I can. I keep checking every day, but no luck. It has to be soon that they offer this, right?
I called today about new years eve and the CM said it was sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter