• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party-I booked for August!

Just booked for December...THANK YOU SO MUCH for the heads up!!! :woohoo:

We hit it a couple of times last year and was told by the CMs at the party that a tip was not expected. We did not see anyone tip at the ones we were at.

I just booked for August 23rd! We were planning to stake out a spot for wishes and spectromagic that night, and now we don't have to! Woot!!!!

Hum, now it's time for a decision. We are going to be at CBR from 9/2-9/12. What to do, what to do.

:woohoo:Aug. 28 here we come :cheer2:

Just want to everyone here for keeping us posted:thumbsup2

Last year I missed out on it and Im so happy we are doing it this year. I cant wait.

Thanks again :flower3:

When I booked, the CM said gratuity is not included. What has been your experience--for those of you that have been there---do you leave a tip? Thanks!

I just booked a party of 7 for 8/17. I was told 18% gratuity was included due to the size of our group.

When I called (just now) for Nov. 29th, the CM told me that it would be "standing only, no tables" for the party. Anyone know why? All the reviews I've read/seen indicate that folks have tables. It makes me nervous that they are going to cram more people in...and we have to eat our desserts standing up? :confused3

When I called (just now) for Nov. 29th, the CM told me that it would be "standing only, no tables" for the party. Anyone know why? All the reviews I've read/seen indicate that folks have tables. It makes me nervous that they are going to cram more people in...and we have to eat our desserts standing up? :confused3

I hope not or we would cancel.

The CM I booked with said gratuity is not included nor required. :confused3 it seemed she was saying since no one is serving you, you don't tip? I guess I will just play that by ear.

I just made reservations for a party of 6 for September 7th, after waiting 22 minutes on hold and another 26 minutes to make the arrangements. It's a busy Sunday night!! Reading your post, I do recall the CM saying something about "standing room..." or something, but I assumed he was talking about making your way to the railing to see the fireworks after eating dessert and not for the actual party.

Hmmmmm??

When I called to make reservations the CM specifically made a comment about how nice it is to have a table, so I'm not sure about the standing room only thing!

The CM is referring to the platform to see the fireworks, that's standing room only. There are actually tables in the restaurant to sit and eat. I had the same question when they started off reading the Terms and Conditions of the reservation.

I too questioned the standing room only comment. The CM I spoke to clarified and said the standing part is for the fireworks portion of the evening as all tables do not have a great view for the fireworks. There is a table provided for the desserts portion.

PS We booked 4 on 8/27! Very excited!

Okay I have a few questions...
I read a review that said tipping was included and you were NOT suppossed to tip, but I was told on the phone gratuities were not included...
so can I tip?

If you go up to the buffet table to get your dessert and you go to the drink station to get your drinks, what is there to tip for? i just booked the 21st and they also said tip was not necessary and I do not plan to leave one. If I'm tipping anyone it would be myself, since I'm doing all the work... :lmao:

Okay I have a few questions...
I read a review that said tipping was included and you were NOT suppossed to tip, but I was told on the phone gratuities were not included...
so can I tip?

If you go up to the buffet table to get your dessert and you go to the drink station to get your drinks, what is there to tip for? i just booked the 21st and they also said tip was not necessary and I do not plan to leave one. If I'm tipping anyone it would be myself, since I'm doing all the work... :lmao:

the guy that clears the plates?

I just booked for Oct 5th, for our anniversary. Was wondering, do they or can they do anything special for a celebration? (more special than this already is). Obviously we don't need any more desserts. But I wonder if there is anything more I could do for dh while here.
SO excited to have this party, my dd (4) and ds (5) are going to love it. And dh and I are going to sit back and soak it all in and adore being together and in Disney World on our anniversary. :cool1:

I just booked for Oct 5th, for our anniversary. Was wondering, do they or can they do anything special for a celebration? (more special than this already is). Obviously we don't need any more desserts. But I wonder if there is anything more I could do for dh while here.
SO excited to have this party, my dd (4) and ds (5) are going to love it. And dh and I are going to sit back and soak it all in and adore being together and in Disney World on our anniversary. :cool1:

Yay! Make sure you let the dining reservations folks know its your anniversary and they will note it on your reservation. We did the same thing last year for our anniversary and they dressed the table up for it at the dessert party ahead of time. Beyond that you could probably arrange something with the CM that greets the guests ahead of time...they are usually out there at least an hour early.

Yay! Make sure you let the dining reservations folks know its your anniversary and they will note it on your reservation. We did the same thing last year for our anniversary and they dressed the table up for it at the dessert party ahead of time. Beyond that you could probably arrange something with the CM that greets the guests ahead of time...they are usually out there at least an hour early.

they did add it to the reservation when I booked it. Hmm I wonder though if I could arrange something where I dropped off a gift. What? No idea. We aren't supposed to do anything for each other for our anniversary. DW IS our gift to each other, the Dessert party is the icing on the cake. ;) Maybe an album of our past 6 years. That would be pretty sentimental, not something I've done to date.

So I could potentially bring it to the CM a little before we get there. Hmm I wonder how I could pry myself away from DH to do so. Even when I go to the washroom we all go together... well, not TOGETHER, but at the same time. lol
Where would the closest bathrooms be to the terrace for the wishes party? I can get them to that area no problem. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter