• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** WISH Volunteers for WDW Marathon Weekend **

So I take it, jockstrap and combat boots are out? :confused3 ;)

Depends on what color they are, I suppose. ;)

Cam, I'm sure jeans are fine. They didn't say what to wear, just to keep it neutral color.

For instance, zebra print is out. :goodvibes

Hey everyone-

I wasn't gutsy enough to sign up to volunteer for the full. I'll be running the half with my mom and checking out on Sunday. Ted and our 3 kids will be with me (9, 2, 3 months) on Sunday. I'm going to try to drag them with me to screamteam on our way home, but it's going to be a challenge to get it all together.

I really would like to cheer and maybe hand out Twizzlers- I was thinking the AK parking lot (mostly because I don't know how to get to the horrible mile 20 turn around). Anyone know if there is another place where we need some WISH coverage or something better than Twizzlers?? Any idea what time I'd need to leave the Wilderness Lodge to get in place? I may have to pack the car the night before!

Thanks

Jen in GA

Dang! I wanted to wear my leopard print with my lime green WISH shirt. Geez! Now I'll have to rethink my wardrobe. Too bad about the zebra print, I think it looks kinda good on this guy with the WISH shirt. ;)

zebra3.png

Diane! Yes, I'm at water stop #7. :teeth: We'll have loads of fun! :cool1:

Jen, I was wondering the same thing. I think Twizzlers would be good. I was also thinking about some type of hard candy. Another possibility - pretzels. The problem with pretzels is that you almost need water or some type of drink when eating them.

Alrighty then, we can see Susie is diligently working away today, her mind totally focused on her job.... :lmao:

Alrighty then, we can see Susie is diligently working away today, her mind totally focused on her job.... :lmao:

Shhhhh. The boss might hear ya! :laughing: Actually, just practicing my Adobe Fireworks skills. I do teach a class using Fireworks so I think I'm in line here. ;)

YAY! Susie! Water Stop #7

I'm wearing jeans and if they ask me why I'm telling them the Red Head at Water Stop # 2 is wearing jeans :lmao:

Last year I yelled to my DH (who was on the sideline) as we were heading down the path to the Swan and Dolphin that I wasn't feeling very well. These very sweet 2 people heard me and the lady offered up a hard candy, peppermint or something mint saying they had carried them just for that reason. :goodvibes They said I was needing sugar, silly me didn't take sugar at the back of hollywood Studios (didn't sound good). i focused on the candy and it got me thru. it was a pre-packed and this is how sad i was i can't remember if it was the true pepermint looking candy or a plain white LOL I think I was wearing green and black that day and the only reason I know this is the pictures :lmao:

Just thought I'd toss that out there :thumbsup2 the candy not my memory lapses.

I know this isn't the best place to put this but I'm not sure where else it would go. I see that a lot of the volunteers are planning to cheer for the runners at various points along the way. My co-worker's girlfriend is running the Goofy. I am hoping to get her added to the list so she could get a bit of encouragement if people happen to see her. Her name is Melissa and her numbers are 45605 for the half and 21069 for the full. She may be wearing a lime green shirt on Sat and purple shorts on Sun. She almost got sidelined last fall so she's really excited to be able to do this.

TIA!

Noni - Will do but just know, we'll be cheering everybody along!! :cheer2:

OK guys, I think it's about time to close up this thread. Everybody neat and pretty??? If there are no more questions....then it's on with the show!!

:woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: :cool1: :banana: :yay: :cool1: :woohoo: :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: :cool1: :banana: :yay: :cool1: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have a question: Where did you have to report to for the full water stops? I know Red #2 met at WWoS and water stop 11 was at the Pluto parking lot, but I know we had WISHers at other stops and wanted to know where and when you had to go to get the bus.
I worked waterstops #1 & #11 for the half and had to go to Pluto, which was just across the street from the Poly......couldn't have been easier.

Jeanne, I worked at water stop #7 for the full. We also met at the Pluto parking lot.

I think any of the stops near and/or north of EPCOT met at the Pluto Parking lot.
I have decided I will stay at the Poly again next year and have started a "fund" that I will put money into monthly just for this.
That way if I decide to volunteer next year (which I think I will) I will be right across the street. Also is you stay at the Contemporary, GF, Fort Wilderness or Wilderness lodge, it's either a monorail ride or you can drive over and park at the Poly and walk across.

Tracy

For those of you who scream team out there - Target has the green cowbells again this year in their Dollar Spot.
I grabbed 5 more for next year. :thumbsup2

I'd love to do red water stop #2 (or have John do it, if I go Goofy!) but I think Pat said they met at WWoS. That seems so far away......can anyone else confirm this?

Tracy: BTW, send me your snail mail address........I never saw you again at the Poly to give you something towards the name tags.

I'd love to do red water stop #2 (or have John do it, if I go Goofy!) but I think Pat said they met at WWoS. That seems so far away......can anyone else confirm this?

Tracy: BTW, send me your snail mail address........I never saw you again at the Poly to give you something towards the name tags.

Yes Jeanne, we did meet at WWoS for RWS#2. But if you really want to do it, we can arrange rides, no worries there :thumbsup2

I would love to be a volunteer for the Full in 2010. Where can I find out more info on how to sign up, etc. I am going to participate in the 1/2. I took part in the 2007 and 2008 1/2 marathons and love it. Thanks and I wish everyone a safe and happy training day:cool1:

Great Lan! Hang around here. Kristi and I will let everyone know when volunteer registration opens up! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter