Wish Kid mom looking for some info

tastycollector

Mouseketeer
My 7 yr old was just granted a wish through Kids Wish Network!!! We will be leaving for DL May 6-10 to go ride the INDY Rollercoaster and the Buzz Lightyear game. We have not ever gone anywhere with the kids other than to see family. Devon has a genetic immune disorder that requires monthly infusions, and has had 12+ surgeries in his short life. Any info as to how to help get ready would be great. It will be me, dad, sister (9), and Devon (7). Thanks!

hello!!

welcome to the DISboards!

There are several places you can go for information. One of the best is the "Wish Trippers Unite" thread...there is a link in my signature! Feel free to jump in and introduce yourself!

You can also get lots of info on the DISabilities forum, too! :)

Welcome to the boards!!!! :)

you can also read lots of Wish Trip reports....those will help you know what to expect.

There are links to those in the blue thread below, too!! :)

Do you know where you guys will be staying? :)

Most kids stay at Give Kids the World...but some stay in other places, too! :)

:welcome:

to the DIS!!!!

AWESOME on your trip, enjoy every moment and my prayers are with your family!!!

OP is going to DisneyLAND, not Disney World. Do we have any specific WISH resources here for Disneyland? I am not familiar with that.

You do want to check our our disABILITIES board. While most of the information there is for Disneyworld, much of it can also help you get ready for CA.

Also, check out our DisneyLand forums and ask any questions there that you might have. Lots of great help there.

10.gif

The reason he picked Disneyland is for the Indiana Jones roller coaster and we are also going to go to Legoland. He thinks the world revolves around the Indiana Jones Lego Wii game. We just had his 7th b-day. The theme Indy! I looked all over to find just what he wanted-he didn't get to celebrate last year.

I know that he has in mind for us to rise the Indy ride, the Star Wars rides, and the Toy Story rides.

Welcome! We just went on my son's wish trip to DW, he is 6 and has CVID and gets monthly IVIG infusions as well. I just wanted to say welcome.

Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions.

Have a nice and fun planning. :)

Well you are definitely in the right place. I know that in the past there have been some DL wish trippers. I'll see if I can hunt down their threads for you. I do know that you will receive a GAC at DL as well as WDW and that GAC will help you avoid some of the crowds that moms of immune challenged kids worry about. My son is a transplant recipient so I worried about it but didn't have any issues.

I saw that your little guy is an Indiana Jones fan. Here is a link to one of the desingers on the Dis. She makes graphics that you can print onto t-shirt iron ons. She was customizing them some time back; not sure if she still is. Anyway, if she is you can get an Indiana Jones Lego picture with your son's name on it and iron it onto a t-shirt. Fun stuff to get everyone matching at the parks.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1798977

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter