Wish in Ft Lauderdale today?

Thanks for the link. It had some really fun views of the ship as it sailed by. Then I grabbed a screen shot, not the straight-on view of all the windows, but so up-close and clear (as compared with PC or Miami). This was just after the pilot boat had turned around.

Such a beautiful day there today - looking warm and sunny. The Wish us so sparkly and new.

Best wishes to whoever needed medical attention.

View attachment 736956
Fort Lauderdale is our neck of the woods, so I was shocked to see her here! I grabbed some screen shots, too. But, I'm not sure how to post them here. One is just about the exact one you posted above!

Not to get too off topic, but what's the difference between "shining star" and "bright star"?

we are on the wish- indeed a medical emergency. code shining star last night deck 7
Oh my goodness, hopefully they are okay! Out of curiosity, did stopping in Fort Lauderdale mean you did not make it to Castaway Cay? I always wonder how that works when something like this happens. Wishing you and the rest of the ship safe travels!

Not to get too off topic, but what's the difference between "shining star" and "bright star"?
As far as I am aware, bright star is a medical emergency, and rising star is a death. Not sure about shining star.

I am on the Wish and they called for Bright Star Wednesday shortly after leaving Castaway Cay. The captain announced around noon today (Thursday) that we would be dropping off a passenger at Fort Lauderdale for medical reasons. Today was our sea day so it did not affect our itinerary.

Disney's first ever stop in Ft. Lauderdale a little earlier than planned
Certainly not the first. The Wish also stopped there to debark a crew member for a medical emergency on the first night of our cruise in mid-January.

I am on the Wish and they called for Bright Star Wednesday shortly after leaving Castaway Cay. The captain announced around noon today (Thursday) that we would be dropping off a passenger at Fort Lauderdale for medical reasons. Today was our sea day so it did not affect our itinerary.

We were on that sailing too.

Certainly not the first. The Wish also stopped there to debark a crew member for a medical emergency on the first night of our cruise in mid-January.
And on our at-sea day shortly after that for the same reason. 😞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter