WISH Away The Pounds ~ Marvelous May ~ All are WELCOME!

i LOVE all our travel plans!! cruising, Disney, ITALY!!!

future travel plans is my main motivator too! everyday i keep telling myself that I'm doing this so that my body is smaller when we walk around WDW, when i pose for pictures on the Fantasy...so i look and feel healthier!

so my goal for this month is to lose 5 lbs. i have not been able to regularly exercise for a couple years, except for about 5 weeks the first of this year. then i had to put it on pause for another surgery...so i'm building my foundation again. So my goal is to exercise 5 days a week and journal my intake in MFP.

my body has been so out of whack for so long that i'm not gaining strength yet which is frustrating for me. well if I am it's at a very slow pace that i've not noticed yet :( I can very easily fall back into the mindset of "my hormones aren't balanced and until they are the changes just aren't going to happen" which is valid...but there is no magic date that a switch will be thrown and it will start happening. I need to think that each decision to choose the healthy action will promote the changes I await.

so today i'm heading outside to do some yardwork and i will exercise later this afternoon...my shins are hurting from my 'first real walk' yesterday! so it will likely be me and my Wii playing Just Dance.

Good morning everyone! I would love to join again in May. April wasn't my best attempt so I am rededicating myself to improving my health!! :cheer2:

Hi! Can I join you guys? I've been on DIS for a while but only recently started exploring this secton as I debate taking part in my first Princess half marathon in 2014! I only started running last year - after swearing all my life that I hate to run - and now I actually enjoy it! I am afair weather runner though, so afte ra LONG cold winter inside, I am heaidng back out again!

A little bit about me - I am 35, married to my high school sweetheart with two hockey-obsessed boys age 9 and 6. After a bit of weight gain early 2012 I decided to up my exercise routine and have been doing something 6-7 times a week since last April. Unfortunately, I wasn't seeing any results on the scale. :confused3 As a bit more background, my husband is a shift worker so going to the gym doesn't work for my shcedule. I work out early in the morning at home to a variety of work out videos and/or run or do the elliptical. My motivation - a 12 night Disney Med cruise in June folowed by 4 nights in Paris - and I plan on EATING!

So I decided to up the ante and after enjoying one Lindsay Brin Moms Into Fitness video, I bought her Pretty Fierce Lean Out series. It's a 9 week program and there is SO much variety. I have seen it compared to Insanity without the time crazy time commitment every day! I also made a real effort with my eating habits - which I didn't think were too bad but... So 2 1/2 weeks into my DVDs and 4 weeks in to eating healthier, I am finally down 8 pounds. :banana: Only 6 more weeks until my trip so here goes! Of course, DH and I are off for a romantic getaway this weekend, so that might throw a wrench in things...

WOOHOO!!!!!
DS16 ran a mile in 5:05!!! New personal record!

Woohoo!! That is crazy fast! :cool1:

Her guys... I'm Jen and I am actually going to the happiest place on earth in 10 hours!!!

Jealous! Have a WONDERFUL time! :mickeyjum

That is the biggest new around here. DS1 is moving into his first apartment this weekend (Ds2 moved into his first last year). DS1 is moving in with his gf of 8 years (yes I do like her. She has been to DW with us twice). My family room is covered with his clothes. He has more clothes than anyone I know. He has been working at JCp for 9 years and loves to shop the discount spot.

Very exciting... for both of you I would imagine :)

My big trip to Italy is in less than three weeks :banana: so who knows what's going to happen with the weight loss this month. I'm going to try like heck to lose as much as I can before I go. Thank you Dona for hosting and Lisa for coaching this week!:dance3:

Wow! Very cool trip!

Raise your hand if you want to go to the Happiest Place on Earth as we start our Marvelous May WATP Challenge! :wave2:

OOOH, me! Me! :yay:

Yep, we're on our way to healthy living! :yay:

Oh . . . um . . . did you think I was going to say we're going to Disney? :confused3 Okay, let's see if we can manage to do both. :teeth:

:rotfl:

But before we get started we had better introduce ourselves to our fellow travelers. :cool2:

Did anyone else ever go on the America the Beautiful attraction at Disneyland? It was a circle-vision movie, similar to the Reflections of China movie at Epcot. Although the attraction never moved, many people thought it did because of the way it was filmed, so the host always asked you to introduce yourself to the people standing around you, in case you needed to grab onto them.

Well, during this challenge we will all be counting of the support of our fellow challengers.

Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 4/30/13: Please introduce yourself, if you haven't already.

I am Lisa and I will be your coach starting Friday. I've been doing the BL challenges since 2009. I'm 52, married and have a sometimes cranky teen son. I will be reaching my goal weight by the end of the year. It's taken me longer than I thought it would to get there but each and every challenge, year after year, I end up weighing less than I started. Thanks to several WISHers who inspired me I started running when I was 49. In a few weeks I will be running my fifth half marathon. I've made lifelong friends and been to WISH meets at both Disneyland and DisneyWorld. I've done things that I never dreamed possible because of these challenges and WISH who gave me the courage to start. :teeth:

A big, WATP thank you to our hostess, Dona! :thanks:

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and to a great challenge! :flower3:

Hi all! I am Amanda. I am 31 and was engaged at Disneyland last summer to a wonderful man :teeth: I have 2 kids, DS12 and DD6, who keep me hopping! I work in child welfare for the state, as I have for most of my adult life. Demanding and stressful, but I love it! I have always struggled with my weight, and a few years ago I lost 100 lbs but unfortunately I regained most of that. Trying to do it the right way, and making it last this time!

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-a-a . . . it's the heart of America, the heartbeat of a holiday-ay-ay-ay! The place was made with a magical plan . . .

We all know a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth starts with a little trip right down Main Street USA. ::MickeyMo

How many times have you been on Main Street and seen some poor group of people standing right in the middle of the street staring at a map and trying to figure out where they are going to go. We Disboards big time planner types know that you can't get where you want to go without a great PLAN.

And those of you who have done the challenges before know that I can't coach without help from one of my favorite sites sparkpeople.com And this week is no exception. :goodvibes

QOTD May 1, 2013: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.

Let's get this party started! party:party:party:

My goal is go back to what I know works: tracking food... NO "free days" "free bites" or just giving up! Not that I can't allow myself leeway, but when I give in to the old thoughts that "well, I blew the day so I might as well enjoy it!" I just set myself back by sooo much :sad2: So none of that! And making sure I GO to the gym... no just wishing I could go! I am committing myself to exercise! Just plain making myself a priority. I struggled a lot last month... and I attributed that to being busy, but I cannot do that AND be successful. This was the formula I used for March, and I was successful (11lbs total!) so I am using that for motivation!

Just wanted to also say :thanks: to Dona and Lisa for being our hostess this month and our coach this week!

And :welcome: to the new ppl! So glad to join you in this journey to health!

I'm in, too!

I hope you don't mind my joining you this month. I set my goal at a lofty 8, so I kind of feel like I should go back and revise. I forgot that May is only 31 days long. However, it's the end of the school year, and maybe that will be the swift kick in the pants that I need! :cool1:

I'm Ashley, and I'm a 2nd grade teacher in Minnesota. I am training for two events, a marathon relay (I'm responsible for 11.5 miles - June 2) and the MS150 bike ride, which goes from Duluth, MN to the Twin Cities (June 8-9).

I know both events will be easier if I don't have those eight pounds to lug around!

Here's hoping that I can be a good cheerleader for all of you, and maybe I'll learn something along the way, too!

Happy May! (It's snowing here)

Quotd-

I think I'm going to use clothes for motivation. the movies thing just doesn't work right now--it's too much hassle with my schedule. Since the weathers been good I can ride my bike up to Goodwill and if I find pants that are a little too tight-- well...

I also might download some wayne dyer or deepak chopra to my mp3 player to work out to. Maybe some stuff I haven't listened to a lot.

I'm going to find out when my fitness center will be closed this summer (it always closes about 10 days for maintenance) and make that my goal to hit 140 then I can get this tattoo:

Well I talked to daughters ex boyfriend yesterday and he's ok. I'm still not sure about that situation, but I made sure he knew that this was for the best. Regardless of her telling stories I know he was abusive and controlling and if she is just trying to get away from him right now--then good. I Am awful at keeping a secret so... Also thought about contacting her Dad since he had the same problem but I know he dealt with his issues along side his addictions and she's not a meth user or an alcoholic and she doesn't have anything to do with him anyway. Talked to my parents about her too even though they are tired of dealing with her. I've decided there's nothing else I can do right now so...just leaving it be for now.
The kittens have discovered jumping in the last few days and are bouncing around like mexican beans. :yay::yay:
Will try to get some pics and get my son to take a pic of my tattoo to post.
I'm really really happy with how it turned out.

I was going to add here I saw a thing on Disneyland last night that was really good-- brand new. The destination channel has been running stuff on the Disney parks all week. Tonight is a Disney World one. Here it's channel 201.
TTFN

QOTD May 1, 2013: So do you have a plan for how you are going to make your goals for the challenge? Share your plan and your goals big and small for this challenge.[/B]

Let's get this party started! party:party:party:

May is going to be hard for me. I am away for 3 seperate days at business events that will see me leaving home at 5:30am, and not getting back until 9:30pm. Food will be a problem as each event has a sit-down lunch.

Once those are all out of the way, on 31st May I go to my union conference for a week..........like I said, it's going to be tough!

Planning what I'm going to eat is key for me...at home I do a weekly food planner and pretty much stick to it, so I need to work these business trips into it so that I stay on track.

I also want to keep up the walking, I walked home from work again last night, and then walked to slimming class tonight...just under 5 miles in 2 days.

Tonight was a success, got slimmer of the week again, and got my official 2.5 stone award (35lb). Well happy generally. Now if only it wasn't TOM, I'd be ecstatic!!!:rotfl:

Happy Thursday friends! On my ride home from my uncle's funeral. It was a nice service and the Air Force honor guard was a nice touch (I never even knew he was in the service as a young man!).

Hard to eat well with the choices offered so I stuck mostly with salad, but now I'm hungry. Will eat when we get home about 7pm.

Well, I disappear for a day and the thread grows by 3 pages! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up tonight or in the morning. Gonna dash for now as the mobile wifi isn't real reliable and I don't want to write a big post and have it disappear............P

QOTD for May 1-

So do I have a plan? Right now, plans are labeling reading, eating fruits and veggies everyday, and drinking water. Really need to think about that question.:scratchin

Big Motivational Goals- take a Zumba Class that I have on hold because of toe pain

Small Goals- wear my shorts & swimsuit with confidence

Okay, I'm finally back for good, at least until I move to Orlando in August!!

I need some serious motivation! Next week is finals week and then I'm home free and shouldn't have any major problems with working out and eating well.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Kayla, a junior in college. I've been on and off here a couple of years. Last spring I lost about 20lbs but put about 7lbs back on this year from stress and whatnot.

Anyway. I was wondering if you all could tell me what your calorie intakes are? Last spring I tried to keep it around 1200-1300 per day. Everything I've been reading lately is that with the way I exercise I need to eat around 1800-2000. I know that I can't eat that much because I gained weight eating around 2000. I'm just frustrated with the whole thing. Going back to 1500, even, has been really hard lately.

Anyway, I have my 3rd half marathon this month and I decided to ride my stationary bike for an hour most days of the week while I read or play video games. Other than that I'm still running and doing workout videos. I'm trying to stay on my feet at work and hopefully when the last cold snap comes through I can hang outside more. :goodvibes

QOTD:
Plan: Less carbs, more veggies and protein, ditch most of the chocolate. Plan meals ahead of time and don't give into temptations when I'm with friends.
Small goal: Drop the 7lbs I gained this year.
Large goal: Get in shape for the DCP in August, hopefully get some visible abs and drop an extra 10lbs.

I'd love to join!
Welcome!

Intro QOTD (Question of the Day) 4/30/13: Please yourself, if you haven't already.
I'm Rose. 45, married, one DS who graduates from college next week. I work part time as the admin for a non-profit. I have been doing these challenges since Jan of 10 and have made some lovely friends. I lost 50+ pounds in 2010 and have gained back some. Which is ok, but I am now about 5-7 pounds over where I feel most comfortable, so I continue to work to get back down a bit. I have really struggled with motivation this year. I have been dealing with chronic injuries, and still (even after 2 years) getting used to being g-f. It was a tough transition for me, but I am much healthier. I have completed one marathon, 9 half marathons, 3 10ks, and some shorter races. :)

I have been thinking about one of the questions from last month a bunch as I get ready to go to DS's graduation. He is at school 500 miles away. Anyhow, can't remember the exact question, but it had something to do with getting nervous or anxious. I am already getting anxious about next week--and we literally don't even leave for a week. And it's effecting my food intake, my stress levels, probably even how much my back is hurting.

Anyhow, just throwing that out there. Definitely need to think a little bit more about how this kind of stuff is holding me back from reaching my goals.

:wave2::wave2: hello fellow WISHEers!!!

can i play?

Hi, I'm Molli :flower3:
So good to see you Molli! I am glad you are starting to be able to get in some more exercise. You have been through so much and I hope you continue to see improvement!:goodvibes

WOOHOO!!!!!
DS16 ran a mile in 5:05!!! New personal record!
That's awesome!

Her guys... I'm Jen and I am actually going to the happiest place on earth in 10 hours!!!
Im married with 3 kids...
My fitness goals were sidetracked in Dec when I fell and shattered my wrist. Still in therapy and have only regained about 20% functioning my wrist and hand :(
Am meeting with a training once we get back from vacation to see what exercises we can modify to get me back on track!
My goal at this point is to not put on any weight while on vacation
Jen--still sending good thoughts that your wrist gets better.:hug:

I'd love to join, but I'm not really sure who to PM. Sorry - I'm new to this :(
Welcome!

Hi! Can I join you guys?
Welcome!

I'm in, too!

Welcome!

and on the snow--omg. I would seriously throw myself off the roof. ;) But I guess that's why I don't live in Minnesota. :)

Happy Thursday friends! On my ride home from my uncle's funeral. It was a nice service and the Air Force honor guard was a nice touch (I never even knew he was in the service as a young man!).
:hug:

Made some good choices today and some not as good choices.

But I did get my mile in and did Power Yoga again. :goodvibes

News Alert :
Stormy was just eating dry food! I didn't even know he ate canned food...

Hi, all - I pm'ed my goal - 10 lbs (I have a lot to go!). I'm Sunny - momma to three awesome kids, and wife. I am also a high school teacher. We are planning our third Disney World trip in August - the first with my baby girl! So excited...

I am hoping to really kick myself in the butt and get started. I'm so angry with myself for wasting so much time being too heavy. Hopefully the support will help. :)

I'm going to use my Weight Watchers app to track my food and I'm going to start walking. Here I go!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. It means so much.

Hi! I'm Carrie. I'm more or less a single parent (dh is at work long hours) I'm an ESL teacher in a French community in Canada. I've been at this same weight forever! It's my reset weight that come back to all the time! I have 80 pounds of extra honey in my pooh tummy :) last year I trained to run a half marathon and didn't lose any weight. I completed my practise run (11mes) but didn't run the actual half because I broke my ankle the day before. My goal is to get my eating under control and simply get outside for 45 minutes a day to play with my kids. I want them to be a give and if I'm outside I'm not snacking!!

Sometimes I think my scale knows when it's the end of the month or Friday weigh in day! I plateaued for over a week, and ended April 0.5 lb above my goal. This morning I was a pound below that goal. Of COURSE ;) glad to see the scale move but would have liked it mow yesterday LOL! 5 pound goal this month!

Good Thursday morning everyone.

I will be putting everything on the front page this afternoon. I had no time yesterday.

Spring has finally come to nj and we had to do our first lawn mowing of the season. My dh does 3 lawns. I help with him 2. His sister is disabled so we do her and his dad is 89 and we do his. We did his sister's yesterday and then stopped for dinner. We stopped at his dad's on the way home and almost died when we saw how crappy his dad's front lawn looked. Looks like we may have to go back on Friday.

This weekend will be crazy helping ds1 move into his new apartment. I have quilt I want to finish but it looks like it won't get done. I hope it does I want to deliver it when I see my folks next week.

I finished mowing yesterday and when we stopped for dinner I got out of the truck and my knee buckled. The one with the torn meniscus that had been pretty stable for the last year and a half. I hope it isn't going to start bothering me. I am not losing this summer to knee surgery.

Off for breakfast

Have a happy and healthy day.

Good Thursday morning everyone.

I will be putting everything on the front page this afternoon. I had no time yesterday.

Spring has finally come to nj and we had to do our first lawn mowing of the season. My dh does 3 lawns. I help with him 2. His sister is disabled so we do her and his dad is 89 and we do his. We did his sister's yesterday and then stopped for dinner. We stopped at his dad's on the way home and almost died when we saw how crappy his dad's front lawn looked. Looks like we may have to go back on Friday.

This weekend will be crazy helping ds1 move into his new apartment. I have quilt I want to finish but it looks like it won't get done. I hope it does I want to deliver it when I see my folks next week.

I finished mowing yesterday and when we stopped for dinner I got out of the truck and my knee buckled. The one with the torn meniscus that had been pretty stable for the last year and a half. I hope it isn't going to start bothering me. I am not losing this summer to knee surgery.

Off for breakfast

Have a happy and healthy day.

Oh BOY!!! Sorry to hear that.:guilty: Your body is telling you that you are overdoing it, so watch out. (Takes one to know one. :lmao:)

I have been mowing for a month now. UGH I need to FIND MY CAMERA CABLE! My vanhoutte spirea is blooming out and looks so pretty. Plus I have other spring pics to share here.:flower3:

Thanks for your hard work, it is very appreciated.

Now as far as myself, went to the pedorthist yesterday (person that fits you with proper shoes, orthotics, etc.) and big reveal here...I AM A WIDE SHOE.:headache: So I am 48 and just now found this out. This explains a lot.

My orthotics are not right either that I got from the podiatrist. I am not happy right now with that. I put in a call to the doctor. We will see.

Basically I got a "dress shoe type orthotics" and not a "full orthotics". I put in a call to question why she would have that made because I came in there with TOE PAIN. Grrrr...

Hopefully they tell me they will fix it otherwise, I will not be a happy camper with them.

OK, enough of my griping. ;)

Happy Thursday everyone.

Let's continue our journeys to the Happiest Place on Earth. :smickey:

fastpass-400.jpg

We DISboards planning types know understanding the ins and outs of FASTPASS is a great way to help you get the most out of a trip to Disney and take in lots of attractions while other people are stuck waiting in line.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a FASTPASS to help you with your weight loss?

What if I told you there was something that you could do to help you lose TWICE as much weight than you would otherwise?!? Would you be interested? Would you be willing to try it? Well, you can! And all you have to do is keep a food diary! :thumbsup2

A 2008 study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine found that dieters who tracked their food intake in a "food diary" lost twice as much weight as those who didn't track their food. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080708080738.htm

It is incredibly easy to underestimate the number of calories that you consume and overestimate the number of calories you burn when exercising. It is a real eye opener when you first start tracking. :scared1:

Here is a link to an article on sparkpeople.com about how important keeping track of your food can be on this journey to good health. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=394

Which brings me to the QOTD.

QOTD Thursday, May 2, 2013: Do you think tracking food is an important part of weight loss?
* Yes, definitely
* Maybe, it depends on the person
* No, I don't think it's necessary

Have a great day! ::MickeyMo

good morning LOSERS!!

flyby -- i got called to work today, i work 'per diem' (contingent) as an x-ray tech in a small doctors office. it's a great job for me; the hours were cut a few months back so it's short days. so i'm able to handle a "full" day now, which makes me feel good :teeth:

anyhow, i kinda blew yesterday! and i'm mad at myself. i did too much yard work and overdid it and didn't have the energy to do my just dance. which i know the yard work i burned lots of calories, but i feel like i missed my 'exercise'. and then after i logged my food diary for the day...i snacked!! what??!! that is not the point!!

so, i need suggestions on strategies when i've had a good day for burning calories, but leaves my feeling like i need to graze after dinner b/c i'm feeling empty!? i know that empty feeling is good, that means my body has to dip into the stored fat ...but apparently i need a kick in the rear to stay on track when that happens!! UGH!!

QOTD -- YES!!!! food diarys are extrememly important to me! but i must make myself be honest in them too! i allow my MFP to view my diary so that it helps me make good decisions, but some days i want to sneak in a snack and sabotage myself!

i LOVE all our travel plans!! cruising, Disney, ITALY!!!

future travel plans is my main motivator too! everyday i keep telling myself that I'm doing this so that my body is smaller when we walk around WDW, when i pose for pictures on the Fantasy...so i look and feel healthier!

so my goal for this month is to lose 5 lbs. i have not been able to regularly exercise for a couple years, except for about 5 weeks the first of this year. then i had to put it on pause for another surgery...so i'm building my foundation again. So my goal is to exercise 5 days a week and journal my intake in MFP.

my body has been so out of whack for so long that i'm not gaining strength yet which is frustrating for me. well if I am it's at a very slow pace that i've not noticed yet I can very easily fall back into the mindset of "my hormones aren't balanced and until they are the changes just aren't going to happen" which is valid...but there is no magic date that a switch will be thrown and it will start happening. I need to think that each decision to choose the healthy action will promote the changes I await.

so today i'm heading outside to do some yardwork and i will exercise later this afternoon...my shins are hurting from my 'first real walk' yesterday! so it will likely be me and my Wii playing Just Dance.

Molli, hope the shins feel better after a day of rest. :flower3: How fun to be able to go outside and work in the yard. Baby steps and healthy decisions will get you where you want to be. It's the journey not the destination, right? :hippie:

Good morning everyone! I would love to join again in May. April wasn't my best attempt so I am rededicating myself to improving my health!! :cheer2:

:welcome: Glad that you joined us! A lot of us had a tough April but this behind us know and nothing but blue skies ahead! You can do it!

Hi! Can I join you guys? I've been on DIS for a while but only recently started exploring this secton as I debate taking part in my first Princess half marathon in 2014! I only started running last year - after swearing all my life that I hate to run - and now I actually enjoy it! I am afair weather runner though, so afte ra LONG cold winter inside, I am heaidng back out again!

A little bit about me - I am 35, married to my high school sweetheart with two hockey-obsessed boys age 9 and 6. After a bit of weight gain early 2012 I decided to up my exercise routine and have been doing something 6-7 times a week since last April. Unfortunately, I wasn't seeing any results on the scale. :confused3 As a bit more background, my husband is a shift worker so going to the gym doesn't work for my shcedule. I work out early in the morning at home to a variety of work out videos and/or run or do the elliptical. My motivation - a 12 night Disney Med cruise in June folowed by 4 nights in Paris - and I plan on EATING!

So I decided to up the ante and after enjoying one Lindsay Brin Moms Into Fitness video, I bought her Pretty Fierce Lean Out series. It's a 9 week program and there is SO much variety. I have seen it compared to Insanity without the time crazy time commitment every day! I also made a real effort with my eating habits - which I didn't think were too bad but... So 2 1/2 weeks into my DVDs and 4 weeks in to eating healthier, I am finally down 8 pounds. :banana: Only 6 more weeks until my trip so here goes! Of course, DH and I are off for a romantic getaway this weekend, so that might throw a wrench in things...

:welcome: Congratulations on your great loss! A cruise is great motivation to help you meet your goals for May. I'm on the cruise right after yours. :cool2:

Hi all! I am Amanda. I am 31 and was engaged at Disneyland last summer to a wonderful man :teeth: I have 2 kids, DS12 and DD6, who keep me hopping! I work in child welfare for the state, as I have for most of my adult life. Demanding and stressful, but I love it! I have always struggled with my weight, and a few years ago I lost 100 lbs but unfortunately I regained most of that. Trying to do it the right way, and making it last this time!

My goal is go back to what I know works: tracking food... NO "free days" "free bites" or just giving up! Not that I can't allow myself leeway, but when I give in to the old thoughts that "well, I blew the day so I might as well enjoy it!" I just set myself back by sooo much :sad2: So none of that! And making sure I GO to the gym... no just wishing I could go! I am committing myself to exercise! Just plain making myself a priority. I struggled a lot last month... and I attributed that to being busy, but I cannot do that AND be successful. This was the formula I used for March, and I was successful (11lbs total!) so I am using that for motivation!

Just wanted to also say :thanks: to Dona and Lisa for being our hostess this month and our coach this week!

And :welcome: to the new ppl! So glad to join you in this journey to health!

:welcome: Amanda! I think that you have a great plan and I'm sure you will have a great month. ::yes::

I'm in, too!

I hope you don't mind my joining you this month. I set my goal at a lofty 8, so I kind of feel like I should go back and revise. I forgot that May is only 31 days long. However, it's the end of the school year, and maybe that will be the swift kick in the pants that I need! :cool1:

I'm Ashley, and I'm a 2nd grade teacher in Minnesota. I am training for two events, a marathon relay (I'm responsible for 11.5 miles - June 2) and the MS150 bike ride, which goes from Duluth, MN to the Twin Cities (June 8-9).

I know both events will be easier if I don't have those eight pounds to lug around!

Here's hoping that I can be a good cheerleader for all of you, and maybe I'll learn something along the way, too!

:welcome: Ashley! Sorry about the snow. :hug: Summer is coming! :sunny: Looks like you have a couple of great events coming up soon.

Quotd-

I think I'm going to use clothes for motivation. the movies thing just doesn't work right now--it's too much hassle with my schedule. Since the weathers been good I can ride my bike up to Goodwill and if I find pants that are a little too tight-- well...

I also might download some wayne dyer or deepak chopra to my mp3 player to work out to. Maybe some stuff I haven't listened to a lot.

I'm going to find out when my fitness center will be closed this summer (it always closes about 10 days for maintenance) and make that my goal to hit 140 then I can get this tattoo:

Well I talked to daughters ex boyfriend yesterday and he's ok. I'm still not sure about that situation, but I made sure he knew that this was for the best. Regardless of her telling stories I know he was abusive and controlling and if she is just trying to get away from him right now--then good. I Am awful at keeping a secret so... Also thought about contacting her Dad since he had the same problem but I know he dealt with his issues along side his addictions and she's not a meth user or an alcoholic and she doesn't have anything to do with him anyway. Talked to my parents about her too even though they are tired of dealing with her. I've decided there's nothing else I can do right now so...just leaving it be for now.
The kittens have discovered jumping in the last few days and are bouncing around like mexican beans. :yay::yay:
Will try to get some pics and get my son to take a pic of my tattoo to post.
I'm really really happy with how it turned out.

I was going to add here I saw a thing on Disneyland last night that was really good-- brand new. The destination channel has been running stuff on the Disney parks all week. Tonight is a Disney World one. Here it's channel 201.
TTFN

Susan, sounds like the kittens are doing well and are changing and growing every day. You do a great job of picking classic Disney characters for your tattoo ideas. :cool2: Your daughter has a lot of folks looking out for her -- it's hard to have them take care of the next step. Hang in there! :hug:

May is going to be hard for me. I am away for 3 seperate days at business events that will see me leaving home at 5:30am, and not getting back until 9:30pm. Food will be a problem as each event has a sit-down lunch.

Once those are all out of the way, on 31st May I go to my union conference for a week..........like I said, it's going to be tough!

Planning what I'm going to eat is key for me...at home I do a weekly food planner and pretty much stick to it, so I need to work these business trips into it so that I stay on track.

I also want to keep up the walking, I walked home from work again last night, and then walked to slimming class tonight...just under 5 miles in 2 days.

Tonight was a success, got slimmer of the week again, and got my official 2.5 stone award (35lb). Well happy generally. Now if only it wasn't TOM, I'd be ecstatic!!!:rotfl:

Sounds like a great plan, Helen. The traveling part is always a challenge but I bet that some folks will have some great ideas to share. Congrats on being slimmer of the week! :yay:

Running into trouble with the smilie police BRB with the rest of the replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter