Winter 2016 Discount Rumors

I'm at work so I can't do anything until I get home. Anyone book? How was the pricing?

No standard rooms at CBR so we were a little displeased. Hard to Justify spending almost $400 to avoid the extra exercise a standard room provides (at least that's the way we look at it :earboy2:

We may go back to POR where they at least had garden rooms.

Just an Update on this...Last year I started a thread where we determined how the discount worked http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/
Until this goes live on the website I can't dissect it BUT I can tell you it definitely isnt' as good as the SPD last year. At a VERY ROUGH Glance It looks like maybe 50% off on dining with no other discount OR 5% off Room and 40% off dining.
Regardless...The discount from what I can see is definitely worse than last year and for those on the fence of a room only OR SPD discount in past years the better deal this year may be room only however YMMV depending on how you choose to dine.

Book SPD at POR. Had to book a garden room. No standard rooms available. Cm told me no standard rooms reserved for the promotion. Disney always trying to make things more expensive. Well, at least it was somewhat of a discount. We couldn't go during the free dining, so this was the next best thing.

Book SPD at POR. Had to book a garden room. No standard rooms available. Cm told me no standard rooms reserved for the promotion. Disney always trying to make things more expensive. Well, at least it was somewhat of a discount. We couldn't go during the free dining, so this was the next best thing.

Disney actually has no Standard View rooms available period for our dates at POR (I checked the website without a discount). However, Last year after booking I kept checking every day just to see and about 2 months later a standard view room popped up and I called and adjusted. Even once you reserve a room keep checking!

Disney actually has no Standard View rooms available period for our dates at POR (I checked the website without a discount). However, Last year after booking I kept checking every day just to see and about 2 months later a standard view room popped up and I called and adjusted. Even once you reserve a room keep checking!
Well, there are standard rooms available during our dates. Jan 25/feb 1. The CM said no standard rooms were available for the discount. However, I will take your advice and try to call back every so often and see if any standard rooms "open up".

They don't have any for my dates either! I'm going the last week in February. I went to check it before I called them yesterday to be able to say "The standard rate is $220 a night, is there anything at any of the moderates cheaper than that? With the discount?" When I wrote it down before I called they were there. When I refreshed the page after I called, they were gone.

I wonder if people are booking them up in anticipation of another Leap Day 24 hour event.

Maybe it was already stated and I missed it, but the likely reason you saw no rooms available is because it appears you were searching one of the busiest times of the year. The week after Christmas is by far the busiest week of the entire year, so is it any surprise that no standard rooms were available?
FYI- I called minutes after the discounts was announced and all standard rooms at all hotels were sold out. No clue how that would even be possible, but alas, all sold out. This was for the week after presidents day in february.

6 nights, 2 adults 2 kids

You're probably going to be on the fence on which is better. I'd lean towards saying Room Only will be better.

The variables that could swing it one way or the other are the exact dates your traveling (i.e. value season vs. peak vs. regular); Which room category you want to be in (standard vs. savanna) and is that room category available with the discount; Your dining habits (i.e. will you spend more or less with the dining plan, would you have gotten the dining plan even if not using the SPD), etc.

VISA DISCOUNTS ARE LIVE!!!

See this post from Orlando By Joe's Facebook:

Remember those discounts I mentioned yesterday? Well, if you have a Disney Visa, you can book them RIGHT NOW!!!!
The stay, play, dine is available for dates sod December 13-19 and January 2 thru March 7. Exclusions include All Star Movies, French Quarter, Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian and Polynesian Villas. River side is excluded from the December portion but available for the rest.
There is also a room discount as well f...rom January 2 thru April 13. Same exclusions apply except it appears All Star Movies is available for this one.
Just call Disney and ask for the Disney Visa offer!!!
I'll update this post as more accurate information becomes available.

Called earlier this evening...

Original discounted booking (free dining) was December 4 night stay in Standard Room for 2 adults, one infant @ POP w/ 3 day tix plus PH option, and upgraded DDP.

She was able to apply PS&D to current reservation with no changes in options. Total cost was $1,649.94... almost $200 more. Needless to say, I kept original discount of Free Dining.

Called earlier this evening...

Original discounted booking (free dining) was December 4 night stay in Standard Room for 2 adults, one infant @ POP w/ 3 day tix plus PH option, and upgraded DDP.

She was able to apply PS&D to current reservation with no changes in options. Total cost was $1,649.94... almost $200 more. Needless to say, I kept original discount of Free Dining.

Yes - if you have free dining this will absolutely beat SPD. See this post below from the Stay Play Dine calculation thread from last year. Based on last year's numbers there was a very rare instance where SPD could beat free dining but this year with the discount potentially being even lower than last year it may not be possible in any instance.

Unfortunately for most family sizes the SPD deal isn't as good as FD. For a solo traveler at some deluxe resorts (and possibly 2 adults staying at select Deluxe resorts at the right time) the SPD could save them more money than FD but that is extremely rare.

However, for most Jan-Mar travelers we're used to this SPD deal now since they haven't done free dining for those dates for a few years now. For some travel parties (especially those with lots of Adults or "Disney adults") the SPD just can't compare to FD. This is most apparent at the value resorts where the room component of the discount is virtually nothing.

Midnight comes and midnight goes. No discounts :sad1::sad2::sad:

I even tried to create a package online to see if they were live but not on the special offers page yet. Well...hopefully sometime overnight right??

BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

I believe I have cracked the code on the SPD Discount for Moderate Resorts - here it is!

TICKETS: No Discount (no surprise there);
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!);
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

There is no price break when changing or upgrading Tickets or when changing or upgrading the dining plan. See here for more details...http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

If I can get motivated I'll look at how it works at values and deluxe too!

MORE BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

First Off - huge thanks to Don @ Mousesavers for some help with this one! If you haven't visited the site - Mousesavers is one of THE BEST Disney websites out there. http://www.mousesavers.com/ - go there, you won't be disappointed!

VALUE RESORTS
ROOM: $1.75 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.97 per night off at POP and $1.98 off per night at All Stars)
DINING: 40% OFF Everybody.

LAST BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

Deluxe Resorts work the same as Moderates - see below! Thread with the details is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

MODERATE & DELUXE RESORTS
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.13 per night off)
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

That is that folks - SPD has been cracked once again! For everybody except solo travelers this years SPD is most certainly lower than last years. More people should consider the room only discount (especially if your eating habits don't jive with the dining plan and you think you would spend less!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter