Winegard Air 360 + for internet

mco65

get busy living, or get busy dying!
Anyone had any luck with this internet option?
Our new 5th wheel came with the Winegard antenna for TV, Radio and internet. In order to use the internet/wifi you must purchase the gateway.. ~$300.

Was hoping someone might have already used this with success especially at the Fort.

Thanks in advance!

Following along! We have the same thing and wonder how it works. At our camp site where we are from April till October (weekends), we have crappy service. Wondering if it's worth the $$$.

Same question. I guess it depends on which you tube video you watch! Wifi ranger Everest was recommended by our Newmarr service guy. We haven't decided just yet either!

I would rather put that 300 towards a starlink dish

I use the wineguaed as part as my work on the road setup but It was included with my rv, I would not pay for it separately

We use StarLink, doesn't seem like the Winguard option is very good.
We were successful on our last 3 week camping trip to use StarLink for streaming and checking email and social media. It wasn't great for Zoom meetings due to some tree obstructions. Hoping it will be better once the new satellites are launched.

I took the plunge. Because the RV already had the winegard antenna it seemed like the way to go.
Install of the gateway was easy... setup was equally as easy. I went with the onboard sim and data plan for now. That was also easy, of course who ever heard of making taking your money a hard process.

So within 30 min to an hour i am up and online. So far it seems spotty. Our gateway is in the front bedroom. Standing right under the gateway, i get 30M down and 20M up.. awesome, however when i mosey into the living space, that seems to drop drastically.. closer to 10M down, 3 or 4M up. Of course this could all vary depending on your location (currently at the 1300 Loop at the Fort) and your 4G provider.

Streaming TV seems to work well.. as does browsing the internet (now).. next week i have to work so that will be the true test... worse case, i have to use my cell phone hot spot..
wish me luck.

I will report back with more results!

Well, after a couple days i am still happy with the gateway.. not crazy happy but happy. A couple of glithces the first day. Not real sure but teh gateway just stopped working, would not even show up in my wifi list.... i had to reset the gateway twice. Customer service for Winegard was not good, in fact they were borderline bad... not very helpful. Like most help centers, i called back a few times before i got someone who was willing to help...

The data went fast... but i forgot and left my phone connected and it grabs my company email every 2 or 3 minutes, which can be a lot... ugh.. now i am just connected to the Disney Wifi via the Winegard gateway.. seems to work ok especially in the AM.. afternoon its not great..

Not disappointed with the gateway... disappointed with customer service and not really sure about the data plans..

Updating this report on the winegard... that device seems to reboot often. NOt sure if its updating or not but it reboots a lot. I purchased 20G from winegard and it was gone within 12 hours.. i suspect the Gateway was doing it on its own. After that data was gone.. i hotspotted my phone and used less than 15Gb in about a week.. so you tell me? Winegard swears it was a device on my network.. okay.... wont do that again. I think the router works okay.. but would not buy wingards own dataplan.. bring your own.

That's disappointing! What is the refund policy? Are you able to submit for a refund?
We are currently camping in Canada, and our campsite doesn't have any obstructions and StarLink is working so well!

That's disappointing! What is the refund policy? Are you able to submit for a refund?
We are currently camping in Canada, and our campsite doesn't have any obstructions and StarLink is working so well!
I spoke with them specifically and they were adamant about NO REFUNDS on data plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter