Windy City, Smoky Mountains ~ Day 5 - Road Trip! (2)

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
Today was another driving day - the day we were driving to our ‘Tennessee mountain home’. We were up at 7:00 and after a quick wash and brush up we were on the road by 8:15.

By 10:30 we were at roughly the half-way point, a town called London, and so we stopped off at a KFC (we couldn’t leave Kentucky without eating in one somewhere) where we had a popcorn chicken and soda each. After eating we topped up the car with gas again and we were on our way by 11:10. Around half an hour later we crossed the State line again and entered Tennessee.

Once we came off the freeway we came across quite a bit of traffic so it was 1:30 by the time we reached our next stop - WalMart in Pigeon Forge where we stocked up on food and drink for the cabin and also a handful of leaflets and coupon books for local attractions. As we were making good time and the code for the cabin door wouldn’t be active until 3:00 we also made a stop at the Gatlinburg Welcome Center where we had a quick look around and picked up a few more leaflets.

The map from the cabin company wasn’t that clear so we missed the turn-off for the cabin initially as the road it was on wasn’t named on my sat-nav map. Luckily I had printed off detailed directions from MapQuest which took us straight to the door and I then entered it as a Favourite on my Tom-Tom so we could find it easier for the rest of the holiday.

We were in the cabin by 3:30 and spent a bit of time looking around

DSCF0276.jpg

Main seating and dining area
DSCF0277.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

That isn't concept art on the wall I've just distorted the faces of the children for privacy. :)

Downstairs bedroom
DSCF0279.jpg

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0281.jpg

Downstairs bathroom
DSCF0282.jpg

Kitchen
DSCF0283.jpg

This was a nice surprise
DSCF0284.jpg

DSCF0285r.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

Continued

Outside Deck
DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

Jacuzzi upstairs
DSCF0290.jpg

Upstairs bedroom
DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0293.jpg

Upstairs bathroom
DSCF0292.jpg

The rest of the time was spent relaxing after all the travelling of the last couple of days. I’m really glad we drove down instead of flying and although time wise we could have done the journey in one day I’m also glad I split it into two.

Today’s Disney reference:

As the satellite TV in the cabin wasn’t picking up a signal we spent the evening listening to Disney Cds I brought away with me.

Day 6

The cabin looks beautiful. I would love to stay in something like this:goodvibes

The cabin looks lovely but I find it a bit odd they had family photos up.

The cabin looks lovely but I find it a bit odd they had family photos up.

I was surprised as well but I think it was to try and give it a more 'homely' feel. What was strange was that there wasn't a single picture of the parents anywhere and on the bedside table upstairs there was one random picture of two boys. :confused3 I think the family must stay there sometimes because they had locked cupboards marked as containing the owner's possessions so maybe they like to have them up for when they are there.

The cabin looks lovely, very relaxing.

My favourite pics were the ones of the outside deck. It's just how I would have imagined it to be - complete with rocking chairs.

Cabin looks great & what a nice little touch letting the guess take a black bear as a souvenir

Oh David the cabin is beautiful :worship:.(see there would have been room for me+Claire :sad1:).Oh that jacuzzi-did you try it out?.
Do we get to know what bear you took home-my guess is bottom,back, right hand corner :confused3.x.

Oh David the cabin is beautiful :worship:.(see there would have been room for me+Claire :sad1:).Oh that jacuzzi-did you try it out?.
Do we get to know what bear you took home-my guess is bottom,back, right hand corner :confused3.x.

Didn't you get the message telling you to meet us at the airport? :confused3 We waited for ages but neither of you showed so we went on ahead. :cool: I did intend to use the jacuzzi and the hot tub but we never got round to trying either of them. :sad2:

Nope, try again. :)

Didn't you get the message telling you to meet us at the airport? :confused3 We waited for ages but neither of you showed so we went on ahead. :cool: I did intend to use the jacuzzi and the hot tub but we never got round to trying either of them. :sad2:

Nope, try again. :)

Yeah right :rolleyes1.
Shame you never used them-i think they would have been my first port of call after all that driving.
Chloe has picked middle left,Emily has picked bottom,back,right.x.

Chloe has picked middle left,Emily has picked bottom,back,right.x.

Emily picked the same one you did! Sorry Chloe, you're not right either. I'm not entirely sure you can see the exact one we chose in the photo but it is the same pose as the one on middle right. The tree stump is a bit darker and more defined though.

Ooops,my bad :headache:,Emily picked opposite to the one i did-i made the mistake of saying right+not left for her.x.

Oooh, I think Emily gets the prize then. Yours is wrong because the tree stump is grey and Chloe's is wrong because the head is facing the wrong way. Even zooming in I can't see the tree stump properly for Emily's but I think she might be spot on, it's either that one or one of the two at the top.

By the way I've just noticed how many butts there are in that shot - one at the bottom and two at the top. ;) :lmao:

Oooh, I think Emily gets the prize then. Yours is wrong because the tree stump is grey and Chloe's is wrong because the head is facing the wrong way. Even zooming in I can't see the tree stump properly for Emily's but I think she might be spot on, it's either that one or one of the two at the top.

By the way I've just noticed how many butts there are in that shot - one at the bottom and two at the top. ;) :lmao:

Oh Emily's a happy bunny-she is dancing in the living room-saying 'i got it right-you did'nt' to Chloe+me :lmao:.

:rotfl2: :lmao: ,ooh more butt shots :thumbsup2.I did'nt even realise-you have got more than one up on me now.We are off to the Zoo-in a couple of weeks-:idea: will have to see what i can do :idea: :laughing:.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter