Windsor Hills-VRBO

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
I am reading some really awful reviews on Tripadvisor of Windsor Hills. But strong reviews on VRBO, so I am very confused. Could it just be based on the rental people get?

Windsor Hills is a fantastic option for an off site stay. I suggest you join the Windsor Hills Book Direct facebook group and book directly with an owner. This is the most cost effective way to book a property and have an open line of communication with the owner.

Windsor Hills is a fantastic option for an off site stay. I suggest you join the Windsor Hills Book Direct facebook group and book directly with an owner. This is the most cost effective way to book a property and have an open line of communication with the owner.
Ok. Any owner you recommend? Thanks!

Ok. Any owner you recommend? Thanks!
Nobody in particular. Just post what you are looking for in terms of property type, number of people in your party and dates. Be specific. You will get responses from owners with links to their properties. I believe there are right at 1,000 properties in Windsor Hills. There is a mix of 2 and 3 bedroom condominiums, 3 bedroom townhomes with a splash pool and 4 to 6 bedroom homes with private pools. The owners who participate in this Facebook group are vetted and typically keep a very good open line of communication.

Nobody in particular. Just post what you are looking for in terms of property type, number of people in your party and dates. Be specific. You will get responses from owners with links to their properties. I believe there are right at 1,000 properties in Windsor Hills. There is a mix of 2 and 3 bedroom condominiums, 3 bedroom townhomes with a splash pool and 4 to 6 bedroom homes with private pools. The owners who participate in this Facebook group are vetted and typically keep a very good open line of communication.
Sounds good. Thanks!

So I joined but all the responses I’m getting for the week we are traveling are over 2200 for the week, while on VRBO I am finding Windsor Hill rentals for 1400 for the week. What am I missing? Thank you!

So I joined but all the responses I’m getting for the week we are traveling are over 2200 for the week, while on VRBO I am finding Windsor Hill rentals for 1400 for the week. What am I missing? Thank you!
I have never used VRBO to book Windsor Hills. I have only gone directly through an owner. I have often read where going through a 3rd party like VRBO will include fees typical of a 3rd party in those type bookings. That said, each owner sets their own rates so no two properties will be at the same price point even if they are in the same category. Make sure the price points you are comparing are of similar properties: Condo’s are two or three bedroom/2 bath and do not have a private pool, townhomes are all 3 bedrooms/3bath with a private splash pool and with your own parking space at the front door and then private homes are all 4 to 6 bedrooms with your own private pool and obviously parking in your own driveway.

A website you can check out to see more properties and compare rates is www.windsorhillsprivaterentals.com. This site is owner direct and you avoid paying commissions or booking fees of 3rd party sites. You can easily peruse the site and see many of the different types of properties. This is actually where I have booked in the past most recently for a stay this past October.

Whether you are just doing a Disney only trip with off site accommodations or visiting other Orlando area theme parks and attractions, Windsor Hills is a great spot. It’s located very close to numerous restaurants and grocery stores and is very convenient to wherever you want to go Disney or elsewhere.

I have never used VRBO to book Windsor Hills. I have only gone directly through an owner. I have often read where going through a 3rd party like VRBO will include fees typical of a 3rd party in those type bookings. That said, each owner sets their own rates so no two properties will be at the same price point even if they are in the same category. Make sure the price points you are comparing are of similar properties: Condo’s are two or three bedroom/2 bath and do not have a private pool, townhomes are all 3 bedrooms/3bath with a private splash pool and with your own parking space at the front door and then private homes are all 4 to 6 bedrooms with your own private pool and obviously parking in your own driveway.

A website you can check out to see more properties and compare rates is www.windsorhillsprivaterentals.com. This site is owner direct and you avoid paying commissions or booking fees of 3rd party sites. You can easily peruse the site and see many of the different types of properties. This is actually where I have booked in the past most recently for a stay this past October.

Whether you are just doing a Disney only trip with off site accommodations or visiting other Orlando area theme parks and attractions, Windsor Hills is a great spot. It’s located very close to numerous restaurants and grocery stores and is very convenient to wherever you want to go Disney or elsewhere.
This is very helpful thank you!!

I have stayed at Windsor Hills three times - 2014, 2018, 2022. Positive experience each time. Random thoughts.
- There are many different owners and property managers so reviews of Windsor Hills in general don't apply to particular properties.
- A lot of properties are cross listed - VRBO.com, AirBnB, www.windsorhillsprivaterentals.com, etc. IF you don't want to use one site, you may find it at another.
- As noted above, if you go through VRBO.com and Airbnb there will be additional charges. That's not ideal.
- However, one of the benefits I have found of VRBO.com and AirBnB is specific refund policies. You might get some refund agreement through a private agreement. But since COVID, I have benefited from refund policies a couple of times. I had a made a reservation in January 2020 for an 11 night stay in September 2020. By July we decided not to go (due to COVID risk + masks) and was able to cancel it in July 2020. It was handled by VRBO and I received a refund immediately. Before COVID I placed much lower priority on refundability, but I value it much more highly than before
- We have found places on VRBO before and reached out to them to come to an agreement outside of VRBO for a reduced price (minus the VRBO fees).
- For a longer trip, my family prefers a house at Windsor Hills. We are a family of 6 (and often travel with friends and extended family) and having more space and your own pool is pretty nice. I also would rather drive then be at the mercy of a bus.

I have used VRBO to book a house at Windsor Hills, no problems at all. Price was very reasonable.

We've stayed at Windsor Hills a handful of times many years ago. Always a GREAT experience. Used VRBO each time, different owners each time.
Going again January 2023
Prices seemed really high to me on VRBO this time around.
Ended up booking with Top Villas instead of a private owner. (www.thetopvillas.com/en_us)
Anyone have experience with them? Price was really reasonable.
Thanks

I am reading some really awful reviews on Tripadvisor of Windsor Hills. But strong reviews on VRBO, so I am very confused. Could it just be based on the rental people get?
Windsor hills are individually owned units so quality can vary wildly from unit to unit. Tripadvisor reviews are across all of the different units so I wouldn’ rely on that. Look at a the reviews for the particular unit you are looking at renting.

I have stayed at Windsor Hills three times - 2014, 2018, 2022. Positive experience each time. Random thoughts.
- There are many different owners and property managers so reviews of Windsor Hills in general don't apply to particular properties.
- A lot of properties are cross listed - VRBO.com, AirBnB, www.windsorhillsprivaterentals.com, etc. IF you don't want to use one site, you may find it at another.
- As noted above, if you go through VRBO.com and Airbnb there will be additional charges. That's not ideal.
- However, one of the benefits I have found of VRBO.com and AirBnB is specific refund policies. You might get some refund agreement through a private agreement. But since COVID, I have benefited from refund policies a couple of times. I had a made a reservation in January 2020 for an 11 night stay in September 2020. By July we decided not to go (due to COVID risk + masks) and was able to cancel it in July 2020. It was handled by VRBO and I received a refund immediately. Before COVID I placed much lower priority on refundability, but I value it much more highly than before
- We have found places on VRBO before and reached out to them to come to an agreement outside of VRBO for a reduced price (minus the VRBO fees).
- For a longer trip, my family prefers a house at Windsor Hills. We are a family of 6 (and often travel with friends and extended family) and having more space and your own pool is pretty nice. I also would rather drive then be at the mercy of a bus.
Do they have elevators in the buildings with the condos? I was looking at Windsor hills but my mother can not do stairs. Thanks

Know someone who owns a property in a different location that they list on VRBO. Only people who have actually rented from them are able to post reviews on VRBO, so I would tend to find those more valid. Random people who have never stayed at their place can't post random bad reviews on VRBO. I can't speak to how Tripadvisor works, but often times on other sites I see people who appear as though they like to complain a lot and perhaps exaggerate some bad experience they think they had.

I was floating around the Orlando Hotels and Attractions Board just to see what Vacation properties looked like the popular go to for summer 2023. Looks like most of the must go to spots are getting well covered on this very informative thread.

Of course my bias should be considered with suggesting Windsor Hills, but if Windsor Hills is on your best places for summer ’23: Why not check out the thread Windsor Hills Information Station? Of course I hope all will find WH's on your Best Vacation Ever list; where your next Central Florida visit may becomes your BEST VACATION EVER!
............................................................. .......................................................1680813185836.gif
G’day
Pulsar

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!